Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 03:56 PM

11,801 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

But that unity in communities wouldn't have come about if not for the fact the good people finally quit hiding in their homes and had to come out to help others in their communities that were ravished by the rioters and looters. That's a hard way to come together.

And don't think all the protesters were there for the cause - to many this was a release and a chance to see other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 03:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
most people want unity. The extremists on both sides do not. Be careful of anyone you see who immediately responds with "all conservatives/liberals are bad or dangerous". Those are the people currently toxic to rational discourse, and are the ones holding us back. While this specific forum leans republican, there are plenty of irrational people on both sides of the isle.
The news media spends far too much time giving extremists attention. But they gotta have something to fill time that isn't boring, while attracting an audience and advertisers. As for the violence, I suspect that the extremists have heard that if it bleeds, it leads.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:01 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
But that unity in communities wouldn't have come about if not for the fact the good people finally quit hiding in their homes and had to come out to help others in their communities that were ravished by the rioters and looters. That's a hard way to come together.

And don't think all the protesters were there for the cause - to many this was a release and a chance to see other people.
I live in a major city on the east coast. Most protestors are very angry at rioters for distracting from the cause they are protesting against. It's a common sight for protestors to try to stop rioters/looters before it draws the attention of police and becomes violent.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:03 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,087,873 times
Unity? Gun purchases is skyrocketing

Old 06-07-2020, 04:04 PM

860 posts, read 322,135 times
I see a number of scaredy cat liberal whites, full of some imagined guilt, tripping over themselves to offer themselves up to be lifetime slaves to me. Very sad to see people devalue themselves like this.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In the cities yes but there was a survey done and they are still on the 50-50 marks or abouts. On CD being a tiny fraction of our citizens - it’s obvious they are people still holding on to Jim Crow. The unity is coming from the youth ! They are going to drive these changes needed home.
The cities are doing the worst of anyone, as usual. The cities are being ravaged by THUGS, destroying businesses, stealing, looting, killing, maiming. If that is what you call unity, then YOU CAN HAVE IT. I will pass.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It’s the liberal posters here who want to go back to Jim Crow.
This is 100% TRUE. Biden tells me I am not truly me if I do not vote Democrat. Democrats want to keep me locked in the chains of their grip of their control. Democrats do not want me to think for myself. Democrats keep trying to brainwash me with the race card. Democrats/Liberals are HORRIBLE for this country. LIBERALS ARE THE DIVIDERS.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:11 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That is so outrageously untrue that it's pitiful. Just where the heck do you soak up your propaganda?
The same place where you get your propaganda about a wasteful 3rd party vote.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:12 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Over the past 2 weeks give or take, I have actually been pretty shocked. I see a lot more people looking to connect, learn, empathize, and take action. Way more than I have seen in my life time. It feels like a lot of people have woken up. They are seeking out history lessons, trying to learn more about how their neighbors, friends, and communities are feeling. Trying to understand how we got here, and working on a plan to move forward productively.

Companies are stepping up and doing self-reflection to see if their actions and their values match.

Communities are coming together to cleanup, support their local businesses and even create public art.

There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
I haven’t seen much division at all in my area, and by that I mean pretty much none. The town I live in is very diverse, with every ethnicity I can think of represented. Everyone gets along fairly well, and about the only way that changes is if someone - no matter their ethnicity - is acting stupid. Most are in agreement with the actual protesters, but I’ve yet to see anyone supporting the rioters.

Remember, these forums are largely populated by people who are opinionated enough to want to state their opinion, partisans who are so blinded by their belief in their party that they would argue with the opposite “team” if they said the sky was blue, and not a few trolls that just like to stir things up. P&OC is in no way representative of the population at large.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I live in a major city on the east coast. Most protestors are very angry at rioters for distracting from the cause they are protesting against. It's a common sight for protestors to try to stop rioters/looters before it draws the attention of police and becomes violent.
Same here. And when I walked around part of downtown - I expected Mad Max, and saw a lot of people connecting and not as many harmed businesses like the news said. Lots of places were open with crowds out there spending cash in the community.

If you don’t see people coming together and fighting for a common cause - their community and safety for their neighbors, then that is sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies