Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:04 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Over the past 2 weeks give or take, I have actually been pretty shocked. I see a lot more people looking to connect, learn, empathize, and take action. Way more than I have seen in my life time. It feels like a lot of people have woken up. They are seeking out history lessons, trying to learn more about how their neighbors, friends, and communities are feeling. Trying to understand how we got here, and working on a plan to move forward productively.

Companies are stepping up and doing self-reflection to see if their actions and their values match.

Communities are coming together to cleanup, support their local businesses and even create public art.

There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
We're not all in this together. We never have been in the course of human history. To the left, "we're all in this together" means conform to what I want. That's not happening on my watch. I'll listen to what you have to say, and to the extent that it makes logical sense, I'll compromise with you. But that's as far as I will go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 07:46 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'll listen to what you have to say, and to the extent that it makes logical sense, I'll compromise with you. But that's as far as I will go.
When it comes to the left, you can't even compromise any more.......all they do is take and never give. Look at the gun rights issue for example........

It's game on as far as I'm concerned......

Old 06-08-2020, 09:05 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
clearly this will be a foreign concept to you, but intelligent people make a habit of blatantly denying things that don't exist.

it's part of what makes them intelligent.
Well then, the entire world is wrong-- Answer this-- why did we implement equality laws?? What is the the point of pressing on something that does not exist?? from the 14th Amendment to Civil Rights Act of 1960 - to Affirmative action- and other state laws. Why if not needed?

Study reveals rampant racism in decision-making software used by US hospitals
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03228-6

* When all age groups are examined, black students are three times more likely to be suspended than white students, even when their infractions are similar.

* once arrested, black people are convicted more often than white people

* Home Owner’s Loan Corporation (and thereafter private banks) Blacks are shown 18% fewer homes and 4% fewer rental units than whites. ranked neighborhoods all around the country, giving high marks to all-white neighborhoods and marking those with minorities in red as risky investments

* Black drivers are 30% more likely to be pulled over.
Statistics also show that black drivers are about 30% more likely than whites to be pulled over by the police.

* A 2012 study found that a majority of doctors have “unconscious racial biases” when it comes to their black patients.

* according to the data, blacks with college degrees are twice as likely to be unemployed as all other graduates
https://www.benjerry.com/whats-new/2...racism-is-real

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-08-2020 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-08-2020, 09:06 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Over the past 2 weeks give or take, I have actually been pretty shocked. I see a lot more people looking to connect, learn, empathize, and take action. Way more than I have seen in my life time. It feels like a lot of people have woken up. They are seeking out history lessons, trying to learn more about how their neighbors, friends, and communities are feeling. Trying to understand how we got here, and working on a plan to move forward productively.

Companies are stepping up and doing self-reflection to see if their actions and their values match.

Communities are coming together to cleanup, support their local businesses and even create public art.

There seems to be a whole lot more "we are all in this together" thinking than there has been during this whole pandemic.

Obviously being on the brink of a new civil war is not good, but honestly I am seeing a lot more unity than I have seen in a my whole lifetime. Except here on P-O-C.
I'm happy to see the diversity of folks coming together.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If I wasn’t constantly harassed for three years by fake and illegal investigations, Russia, Russia, Russia, and the Impeachment Hoax, I’d be up by 25 points on Sleepy Joe and the Do Nothing Democrats. Very unfair, but it is what it is!!!
5:41 PM · Jun 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

He's not even pretending to give a **** America anymore.
No if he was any type of a leader that could handle Corona virus, the economic pain and the police state, he would be up 25 points. The reason he isn't is because just like in the business world, Trump is not an executive. Trump straight up sucks as a leader. All he offers is a scapegoat.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:21 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Why be ashamed of your race - it's one ignorant individual.
Because any race is as bad as their worst person. I am friends with African Americans, I dated African Americans and this is exactly why a number don't like white people, because so many have have hate in their hearts for anything not white. It isn't a majority (that are outright racist) but there are enough out there.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:39 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You've got some kook dancing in the middle of a street that obviously has a fair amt of traffic on and you people think that's an everyday common occurrence? Not in my neighborhood - had I seen a person - black or white - doing the same I would call the police. 1 - for his own safety so he doesn't get hit and 2 to make sure he wasn't high on something.

I see people singing in their cars - singing to themselves while walking or jogging - but never anyone dancing in the middle of a fairly busy street and I think most would do the same and question it.
There were several neighbors chiming in saying he dances often. They have been closing streets in nearby cities to allow exercise and whatnot. I have seen people yoga-ing, tai chi-ing, kettlebell-ing. Haven't seen anyone dancing yet, but give it time. It is not a threat, he moved to the street for social distancing since sidewalks are narrow.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:40 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm happy to see the diversity of folks coming together.
Me too. I mean Romney and NASCAR. This is crazy!

Old 06-08-2020, 12:58 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Me too. I mean Romney and NASCAR. This is crazy!
Because MOST people don't have an issue,,, but the ones that do are very political - and push THEIR agenda.
I think God is pulling the sheet off everybody right now to see who is who! Leaders, CEO's, Educational and Religious leaders plus lawmakers are being called OUT and You are or you are NOT-- for equal rights! Now "put your money where your mouth is! "
The future is the young people... and except for some radicals... its HERE.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:05 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because any race is as bad as their worst person. I am friends with African Americans, I dated African Americans and this is exactly why a number don't like white people, because so many have have hate in their hearts for anything not white. It isn't a majority (that are outright racist) but there are enough out there.
Really? Sorry dude, but that statement is just plain dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies