Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cause was more evil the Confederate States of America or Nazi Germany
Confederate States of America 14 5.88%
Nazi Germany 202 84.87%
equal 22 9.24%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 11:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times

Advertisements

How about the African slave traders who actually captured people from enemy tribes and held auctions?

Were they worse than Nazi Germany?

Someday if a time machine is invented would African Americans go back in time and stop the slave trade even if they woke up living in some grass hut somewhere or maybe never born at all?

How long do we have to endure this incessant whining about events that happened over 400 years ago? Let's fix the black family, let's end welfare, sec 8 housing and build vocational schools and create some good jobs. Let's provide free drugs to the people who are too far gone. Let's do this.

I have brown hair and brown eyes because Germany was invaded by Ghengis Khan and my great X10 grandmother was probably repeatedly raped by his dark skinned, dark eyed soldiers. Where is my sympathy?

What the heck, when it is going to end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 11:40 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Pointless thread.

Is one atrocity worse than another in history....what exactly is the goal here?

Marginalize slavery in the US?
Marginalize genocide in Nazi?

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Pointless thread.

Is one atrocity worse than another in history....what exactly is the goal here?

Marginalize slavery in the US?
Marginalize genocide in Nazi?
I don't think that Americans need to self-flagellate. Even with antebellum slavery we are still basically a great country. Nazi Germany was a dystopia.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:19 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't think that Americans need to self-flagellate. Even with antebellum slavery we are still basically a great country. Nazi Germany was a dystopia.
Pretty sure a slave wouldn't agree with the bolded statement.

No one is saying we should self-flagellate... after all the slaves are long gone and so are the slave owners. We should however is continue to progress into a better Union. I'd say both Germany and the US have progressed.

But back to this thread... still pointless.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:28 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post

So which cause was more evil the Confederate States of America or Nazi Germany?
That is a really stupid question.

It's like "which is more evil, Lincoln killing 700,000 Americans or Mao killing 45,000,000 of his own people"?

Old 06-12-2020, 01:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
It's such a ridiculous question ... but that was the OP point so it works.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:42 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I couldn't vote because both are terrible practices.

But the American South was/is not the only slave state. Slavery existed before it, and still exists. IMO it is a defect in human nature.

To some extent, slavery IS genocide.
The BIGGEST slave owner in the South was a BLACK man. Do we ever ear anything about THAT?

BLACKS sold their "brothers" and "Sisters" into slavery but it is the white mans fault.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:44 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
How about the African slave traders who actually captured people from enemy tribes and held auctions?

Were they worse than Nazi Germany?

Someday if a time machine is invented would African Americans go back in time and stop the slave trade even if they woke up living in some grass hut somewhere or maybe never born at all?

How long do we have to endure this incessant whining about events that happened over 400 years ago? Let's fix the black family, let's end welfare, sec 8 housing and build vocational schools and create some good jobs. Let's provide free drugs to the people who are too far gone. Let's do this.

I have brown hair and brown eyes because Germany was invaded by Ghengis Khan and my great X10 grandmother was probably repeatedly raped by his dark skinned, dark eyed soldiers. Where is my sympathy?

What the heck, when it is going to end?
Blacks are still being sold at markets in Libya but no one is protesting that injustice.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:47 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Pretty sure a slave wouldn't agree with the bolded statement.

No one is saying we should self-flagellate... after all the slaves are long gone and so are the slave owners. We should however is continue to progress into a better Union. I'd say both Germany and the US have progressed.

But back to this thread... still pointless.
"Pretty sure a slave wouldn't agree with the bolded statement."

MOST of the original slave were indentured servants.

MANY slaves were treated very well.

When buying most would NOT spit up families, etc. Not saying slavery is good but in many case NOT as bad as some espouse.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:29 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Different opinions for different people. May be you are sensitive towards henry ford and his opinions about you . People here respect Churchill. But he was worse than anyone else for me.
This is a fair point. Churchill did a lot for Jews, intentionally or not, by choosing to fight Germany rather than surrender and appease Hitler, like Neville Chamberlain wanted to do. Nazi sympathizers hate Churchill too. But he was a bigoted man, who was not fond of black people, Indians and other Asians. And I would never fault you for calling him out on it.

For what it’s worth, I think you are better off for having him as prime minister rather than Chamberlain, because no matter how much Churchill may have disliked your kind, it was nothing compared to how much Hitler disliked your kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies