Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 12:27 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No. Nothing will change and whites will still complain when they see black unity and blacks doing for blacks. They will then argue "why can't whites do for whites and have white unity?" The result of that will be increased resentment from whites that blacks are getting something that they can't have. This will create even more discrimination against blacks by whites who now resent blacks being able to favor blacks but whites not being able to do so. Every action creates a reaction. Thus, every solution will create a white reaction and that reaction from whites will be to increase their racism against blacks. There is no escaping white racism. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Whatever blacks do....if it works to actually start lifting blacks up.....there are going to be whites who seek to sabotage it....just like they did Black Wall Street in Tulsa.
you went right back from solution to victim.

as noted, the Tulsa riot/massacre was 100 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 12:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Of course not. There are more sophisticated ways of doing that today....like voting Republican, for one.
?? It wasn't republicans who did the damage

The democrats owned the slaves

Their President threw over 100,000 American in prison without due process based on ethnicity during WW2.

The right wing wasn't the klan, the democrats were.

Democrats voted for all 4 Civil Rights Act in a lower percentage than republicans

Every single Jim Crow law was passed by a democratic legislature. The republicans didn't gain control of the Southern Congress until the early 1990s.

George Wallace the known bigot, would have won the democratic nomination for President in 1972 except he was shot. He lost the popular vote by less than 3 percentage points and he didn't campaign in California or the last 1/3 of the primary.

Sen Byrd was probably in Congress longer than almost anyone and he recruited an entire klan chapter.

All the major hate groups got their start with democrats. The Klan, La Raza, and the Nation of Islam.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
I am not asking whites. I actually don’t want your help. I prefer a black led movement by blacks and for blacks.
It wont work as long as the welfare state encourages people to not stay together and raise their kids. Obamas Fathers Day speech was not well received.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you went right back from solution to victim.

as noted, the Tulsa riot/massacre was 100 years ago.
No....I went right back to noting white behavior. For anyone that has not already figured it out.....victim mentality is code for pointing out white behavior and the ramifications of that behavior. Every action creates a reaction. Black people taking action to solve the problems in the black community will create a reaction from whites because the only way for blacks to solve black problems is for blacks to discriminate in favor of blacks. I am an advocate of this approach regardless of the reaction from whites. I am just noting that every action creates a reaction and the reaction of blacks discriminating to favor blacks is whites wanting to discriminate to favor whites and if not allowed to, they will seek to shut down the ability of blacks to do so, as well as increase their discrimination against blacks on the down low.

You call that knowledge "playing the victim". I call that knowledge "Pattern recognition".

Old 06-09-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It wont work as long as the welfare state encourages people to not stay together and raise their kids. Obamas Fathers Day speech was not well received.
The good thing is that we don't need your approval or confidence.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:11 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Yeah. Black unity and strength is where it is at. The days of black consciousness were times of true elevation for black people....that soon faded with integration and drugs. I am not looking for whites to GIVE US RESPECT of ourselves. If you empower people to give you empower them to take it away. If you depend upon someone to lift you up....they can also tear you down. I agree with you. We need to go insular for REAL progress. Only a small percent of blacks will get on board with that because they are seeking white acceptance and approval.....or they don't really care about blacks anyway....just riding the moment because it is trendy.

I am for all things black. When the olympics take place....I root for the team with the most blacks. I root for all the African nations to win if there are no African Americans competing against them. A USA vs Nigeria world cup game. I am rooting for the Nigerians.
You're acting like nothing but a hypocritical, racist, hateful, black power crybaby. At your best you're no different than some white trash with a Hitler tattoo. Spewing racist hatred.

I could care less, really. So black supremacist, what are you actually DOING other than puking your fantasy up on these boards? So much work to be done, how do you have time to post on these boards so much?

And if you're American and actually have roots that go back to slavery here, I can almost guarantee a geneology test will show you are part white.

Stop typing and start doing. There are enough lazy, useless, racist hypocrites out there, no need to pile on one more.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:16 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure what response you are looking for from most here. Most have been culturally trained to ignore these issues. Black people now have to become more insular and educate their children as much as possible outside of the mainstream American context.
Weird story. When I was a kid, reading books and watching alot of TV were some of the things I did. When you see images on TV of White males with certain hairstyles, and they have all the girls, well, let's put it this way. I tried using the hair grease in my house to style my hair that way. I did it once or twice only to find out my hair wasn't meant for that. I never did that again.

I think about mainstream American culture. I grew up in it. At the same time, I struggled to fit in. I remember when skateboarding was a big thing. Mind you, I'm a baseball person. Skateboarding isn't my thing. When I tried to skateboard, to fit in with the neighborhood kids, I got bullied and turned away by said skateboarders. There are times I have questioned if I was well-served I am by mainstream American culture.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:24 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Weird story. When I was a kid, reading books and watching alot of TV were some of the things I did. When you see images on TV of White males with certain hairstyles, and they have all the girls, well, let's put it this way. I tried using the hair grease in my house to style my hair that way. I did it once or twice only to find out my hair wasn't meant for that. I never did that again.

I think about mainstream American culture. I grew up in it. At the same time, I struggled to fit in. I remember when skateboarding was a big thing. Mind you, I'm a baseball person. Skateboarding isn't my thing. When I tried to skateboard, to fit in with the neighborhood kids, I got bullied and turned away by said skateboarders. There are times I have questioned if I was well-served I am by mainstream American culture.
I wouldn't read too much into the actions of a skateboard click.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You're acting like nothing but a hypocritical, racist, hateful, black power crybaby. At your best you're no different than some white trash with a Hitler tattoo. Spewing racist hatred.

I could care less, really. So black supremacist, what are you actually DOING other than puking your fantasy up on these boards? So much work to be done, how do you have time to post on these boards so much?

And if you're American and actually have roots that go back to slavery here, I can almost guarantee a geneology test will show you are part white.

Stop typing and start doing. There are enough lazy, useless, racist hypocrites out there, no need to pile on one more.
First off, we both average about 1,000 post a year, me with ~ 13,000 post over 13 years and you with ~ 5,000 post over 5 years. Obviously none or both of us are on here too much, given we have the same amount of post in a year. Personally, I am aware of the opportunity cost of posting on this "social media". I do feel guilty and as if I waste an awful lot of time here and I have stopped for periods of time (some times through no choice of my own...lol). It's kind of an addiction, I must admit, as well as entertainment.

Secondly, this is the reaction from whites that I spoke of as being predictable. Actions ALWAYS create reactions. Whites are always talking about blacks getting their act together and stop blaming whites. When black come up with an action plan to do just that it creates a visceral reaction like yours. Blacks trying to solve the problems of blacks gets seen as black racism and black supremacy that is no different from white racism and white supremacy. Forget that blacks have been damaged by white supremacy and whites don't want to help repair that and that blacks are forced to try to fix their economical, physiological, cultural, behavioral deficits on their own. When we take action to TARGET and UPLIFT our own.....whites will see it as racism and then justify their racism, and more of it, because of black ACTIONS. Again, Action - Reaction.

Finally, the only thing that will keep whites happy is that if blacks take NO ACTION. Whites are not happy when blacks blame whites. Whites are not happy when blacks try to fix their own problems. Whites are happiest when blacks are docile and doing nothing and allowing the inequalities to persist. Those inequalities include black wealth being over 10 times less than whites. Black unemployment being nearly twice that of whites. Black poverty rate being over twice that of whites. Black homicide rates being 9 times that of whites. Black out of wedlock births being 2.5 times that of whites. White want to point out BLACK PROBLEMS....but whites don't want a targeted solution aimed specifically at or for blacks. They have no problem with targeting blacks to condemn them for such things, but they have a problem with targeting blacks specifically, by race (the way they described the problem eg...black out of wedlock births). You can define the problem as "black" if you are white, but you cannot define or offer a solution as "black".

Again....I am not asking your approval. You don't want the responsibility and burden to take a responsibility to correct these things because "You never owned a slave". Fine....we will do it ourselves and you won't like it still.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:42 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Finally, the only thing that will keep whites happy is that if blacks take NO ACTION. Whites are not happy when blacks blame whites. Whites are not happy when blacks try to fix their own problems. Whites are happiest when blacks are docile and doing nothing and allowing the inequalities to persist.

Maybe you should be Joe Biden's running mate as you are clearly racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies