Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 07:30 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Why didn’t these left wing zealots try this in a conservative city? Why do it at home? It’s like taking over your grandma’s house.

As my lawyer friends would say, "Asked and answered".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 07:31 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Camden disbanded their police force and formed a new one with a focus on community policing on foot and bikes. Reportedly, it introduced criteria for hires and require officers to knock on doors and introduce themselves to the occupants. Huge emphasis on bringing the community together with barbecues and youth events.

100 officers from the former force were rehired and 300 new hires were made.

Thus far, it seems to be working. Crime declined 50%.

What seems to be working in a city of 75,000 does not mean it could translate as well to a city with millions.
No, they didn't form a new police force. They joined an existing one, namely the Camden County Police Department. It's true that there was a larger pool of officers available to patrol the city of Camden. But those officers had to be spread out across all of Camden County.

In case you are not aware, the city of Camden is a subset of Camden County.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:32 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
I just read their list of "demands".....I don't think we should be too hard on them, it's pretty clear this is a group that has "special needs".

Old 06-11-2020, 07:35 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I just read their list of "demands".....I don't think we should be too hard on them, it's pretty clear this is a group that has "special needs".
LOL. Yea if I was one of them and serious about it, I'd be pretty pissed at that list. It pretty much amounts to a sabotage of their actual interests. I would be wondering who runs the PR for the "group" and who they actually owe an allegiance to.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:36 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
The Mayor and City Council have passed regs to prevent police from using any form of non lethal force. Tear gas, rubber bullets and then will send them in....

Is anyone watching this setup?

Old 06-11-2020, 07:36 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The Mayor and City Council have passed regs to prevent police from using any form of non lethal force. Tear gas, rubber bullets and then will send them in....

Is anyone watching this setup?
Good point. I'll try to follow it today.

Though if it gets violent with the rifles that the terrorists are carrying, the Police are going to tell the Mayor and City Council to go screw.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:37 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Camden is still a wreck and you would drive through it fast with your windows up and the doors locked. Making Camden out to be Mayberry is one of the favorite new propaganda tales of the Left, 99.9% of whom have never even seen Camden and would be hard pressed to find it on a map without help.
I'm one of the 0.1% of the people who have been to Camden -- I drove through it quickly, with my windows up and the doors locked -- and you are correct in your description. The best that can be said is that it's not quite as horrible as it used to be. It's not good, of course; but it's not quite as horrible.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:40 AM

273 posts, read 96,720 times
Can't wait for the national guard to teargas them

Old 06-11-2020, 07:43 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
Can't wait for the national guard to teargas them
Sorry to burst your bubble but the police chief have guaranteed them that teargas will not be used for the next 30 days.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What if it did? What if a bunch misfits created an autonomous area in some abandoned industrial park? Other misfits, libertarian hippies and homeless could move there and leave the rest of the city to normal folks. Would that "ruin" your life?

I see a lot of authoritarian heads exploding here, and demanding government intervention, but why is this a big deal?

If you were driving to your home or business and being blocked from doing so by some protestors who have taken over your neighborhood is it big deal?

If you had medical emergency, a fire at your house or were getting robbed is it a big deal when first responders can't get to you?

When someone sets a tent up in your front yard and is using the backyard to take a dump is it a big deal?

The people that live, work and own business's in this area have rights. While some of them may support this it's not going to be all of them and those do support it are going to grow tired of being invaded pretty quickly. This is not going to end well and the longer they take to act on it the worse it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies