Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 06:47 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

When they wake up and POTUS restores order in the city, they will, of course blame him for the return to normalcy..

This is national...hope they've had their coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 06:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
omg who taught these people to talk like that? It's so annoying! Any time I hear someone talk like that, I think they're phony and full of sh...

It's right up there with, "like". "Like, I, like, you know, like, went there? And like, well it was like, like, I can't even explain it, but like...."

Shut.

UP!

That's the official National Language of Capitol Hill and the newly formed sovereign nation of Antifastan.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Everything gas a price. How much for the dog?

lmao! Once you got to know her, you'd change your mind!

Old 06-11-2020, 06:51 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Here's the rather un-bright Seattle Police Chief....

https://reason.com/2020/03/31/corona...h-carmen-best/

Old 06-11-2020, 06:53 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Yes, this makes me wonder if there are plans to evacuate those who live in the area who are not part of this.
That's what I was thinking. I would NOT want to have to walk my dog amidst this takeover. Or wonder if the ambulance or fire trucks would be delayed 20 minutes while they move the barricades---if they move the barricades. I would feel like a hostage. And then I'd have to pay for a hotel and board my pets until these hippies decide to move on? Not acceptable. Those in charge of Seattle and Washington have failed miserably.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:53 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Neither did the Copenhagen autonomous zone.

Having said that, the Copenhagen zone was in an abandoned industrial area, and it turns out the Seattle one is in a business district, and that being the case I agree they need to be pushed out.
Christania is occupied by the Danish in a small, homogeneous, low crime, top-tier developed nation with very little in the way of ethnic or class conflict. Throw a stone and you hit an actual defensible border monitored by the actual military.

The people in this zone were not brought up like the average Dane. The ripple of that difference will be observable throughout all of their daily interactions and decisions, but to hold up a single one as an example see the extortion of local vendors for "protection money".

The surrounding cultural and political geographies are about as different as it gets as well.

Beyond arguing these points, I recognize your concession that their venture is unworkable. You see it as such in that place, and I see it as such in any place in the US.

That's not even getting into the relative wisdom of allowing armed communists to hold US territory.

What's next?

Nazi autonomous zones?

Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Let them set up their perimeter and play tree fort for a few days. Once the food and alcohol starts to run out they will start to realize they've got themselves in a Mexican standoff.

Not having been anywhere near there for several years, I can't state for sure that they have a cannabis shop, and if the pot ever ran out -- whoo boy! That'd be a mess!

Old 06-11-2020, 06:55 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is it the capitol hill? In that case I stand corrected. I saw some footage and it looked like an abandoned industrial area with boarded up loading docks etc I admit I have never been to Seattle.

Ok, then they will be pushed out.

Capitol Hill?

Attachment 221171
I described Capital Hill, and Broadway (the main street) in another post on this thread. It is not an industrial park. It's the center of many businesses, plus one of their community colleges, in that area. If you live on First Hill, Capital Hill, or any area surrounding it, this is where you go to get your food. It's where the closest grocery stores are. Obviously things could have changed since I lived there, but I highly doubt they had any room to prop up a major grocery store on First Hill or any of the surrounding areas to Capital Hill.

If these idiots had any brains, they would have taken over a park - Gaslight park or whatever the hell that thing was called, so they could plant food. But, as we all know, these people are stupid. Eventually, the grocery stores are going to run out of food.

How are big trucks with supplies going to get in and out of those grocery stores if these tool sheds have blocked off a large section of Capital Hill?

F them. Let them starve from their own stupidity.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:55 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Wait until the rain starts pouring. Wait until it gets cold at night. Wait until there's so much filth, but since they are against the city, no city waste management will come pick it all up. Wait until disease starts to spread because they live in filth.

Wait until people start arguing and breaking off into new factions. Wait until those factions start warring with each other. Wait until someone comes up and beats the snot out of a few of them...who are they going to call? Wait until the neighborhood quits thinking it's cute and gets fed up.

Let it run its course - it's the only way these dumb arses will ever learn.

Sit back, watch, enjoy.
The people who make the decisions on things are left wing squishes.

They will cave in before these anarchists get uncomfortable.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
That's what I was thinking. I would NOT want to have to walk my dog amidst this takeover. Or wonder if the ambulance or fire trucks would be delayed 20 minutes while they move the barricades---if they move the barricades. I would feel like a hostage. And then I'd have to pay for a hotel and board my pets until these hippies decide to move on? Not acceptable.

Absolutely! I don't think I have any acquaintances in the "zone" but if I did, I'd sure be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies