Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 06:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Left wing extremists set up barricaded "Autonomous Zone" In Seattle
Big deal. Wait for them to get bored and go home.

Or they could let it be. In Copenhagen, they has such area for decades called Kristiania. It was an autonomous zone, where hippies and other people lived by their own rules and police didn't bother them. They policed themselves, and criminals were turned over to the official police outside the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 06:08 AM

30,387 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
We are going to be blocks away from the little "tent fort" today. I'll keep my ear to the ground

I do sincerely hope that the President sends the memo to the ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS Washington Governor..

Bring it on Mr. President.
ANTIFA Fascists can take whatever they want in Seattle and the Mayor and Governor will applaud them. I don't know why they haven't built walls around the entire city and claimed control of it.

My son lived in that area of Cap Hill a while back, glad he got out of there.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:10 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
This is front page news on national news and print press.

I'm placing my bet that this brings in Federal forces to resolve, in fact I'm all in. We marched 500,000 strong against the Vietnam War, a corrupt and unhinged foray into another land who are not our trading partners. We were inches away from bayonets and we kept up the pressure. We did not "want" anything for ourselves. We wanted peace.

Now these intransigent zombies intimidate hurt and run over normal everyday citizens. Bring it on Mr. President....

Just another day in the PNW....

Old 06-11-2020, 06:12 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxFCdrWh3U8

Gives some insight on what's going on and how clueless these kids are. I hadn't heard of any gangs but did read that the John Brown Gun Club was doing the policing. I don't think that will end well either as they believe in aggression. This article explains who John Brown was and how assertive he was.

https://www.history.com/topics/aboli...ent/john-brown

Couldn't watch it all, between the cluelessness and this woman's really annoying vocal fry. This is Woodstock with terrorists, except the music at Woodstock was good.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:15 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
how can i trust what is happening in seattle won't happen in my city?

today, the progressive activist austin city council is voting on defunding our police and canceling any new police officer recruiting classes when we are already significantly short of law enforcement officers.
they appear to have the votes to do both.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It clearly says it's a "free" area for all...except the police...meaning the city's police, not the police and judges that they are now. They have become that which they despise. Too funny.

I say let them have their little zone. Right now it's summer, so it's not so bad. Let them have it. And yes, in the meantime, since they're "autonomous", shut off the power in that area.

The city won't turn off any towers because if one person did need to call 911 for whatever reason, and could not, that would just make these little panty wastes martyrs. But the power? Shut it off. Shut off the water in the entire area.

Then....

Wait until the rain starts pouring. Wait until it gets cold at night. Wait until there's so much filth, but since they are against the city, no city waste management will come pick it all up. Wait until disease starts to spread because they live in filth.

Wait until people start arguing and breaking off into new factions. Wait until those factions start warring with each other. Wait until someone comes up and beats the snot out of a few of them...who are they going to call? Wait until the neighborhood quits thinking it's cute and gets fed up.

Let it run its course - it's the only way these dumb arses will ever learn.

Sit back, watch, enjoy.

It's no longer Seattle. The city needs to cut off all services, including cell. They want their own country? Well, Mr. President, it looks like we need another wall!

Old 06-11-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Hopefully the republicans get some revenge for Waco here.

Let the battle begin.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:18 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
how can i trust what is happening in seattle won't happen in my city?

today, the progressive activist austin city council is voting today on defunding our police and canceling any new police officer recruiting classes when we are already significantly short of law enforcement officers.
They want anarchy so they can replace the current system with their version, which without a doubt would be oppressive. They would ban (if they could) things that you watch, read, listen to, discuss.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:19 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Don't worry, the Rapper Warlord and his armed posse have things under control in Utopia.

Just like in the African Utopia.

There have been reports that the armed "security" is extorting protection money from local vendors. Just like the Italian Mafia.

Who would have guessed that terrorists are terrorists and thugs are thugs?

They are also extorting fees from anyone wanting to enter the "zone".

Expect a murder any day now, when there is some stressed argument or someone's little ego gets bruised.

What are they planning to do with those guns if someone walks through their zone and ignores them? Use them?

I'd be shocked if there hasn't been one or more rapes already.

No one likes this, it isn't a game, and it can't go anywhere.

Having watched far too many movies, these guys should get exactly five minutes THIS MORNING to lay down their arms and walk out.

After five minutes, send in the National Guard.

If that's too messy, I believe that we have some snipers that think nothing of taking out softer targets than this. Let them practice on some actual armed Bad Guys for once.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:20 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
They want anarchy so they can replace the current system with their version, which without a doubt would be oppressive. They would ban (if they could) things that you watch, read, listen to, discuss.
It's reported they are demanding money from business owners and people who want to go to the shops in this area....I hope that people are paying attention.

This will not end well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies