Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 11:03 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times

Advertisements

Hey OP. Do you consider the phrase "the colored population" to be racist?

I'll give you the full quote for context:

“We know it’s twice as often, correct? Could it just be that African Americans – the colored population — do not wash their hands as well as other groups? Or wear a mask? Or do not socially distance themselves? Could that just be maybe the explanation of why there’s a higher incidence?”

Old 06-12-2020, 11:05 AM

860 posts, read 322,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Perhaps he doesn’t lack any. I’ve never been more disgusted by weak minded white cowards. It’s revolting. This white freak speaker at a local rally crying about her white privilege. I just about puked in disgust.

Based on their rates of violent or non-violent confrontations with police the rates of cops killing blacks isn’t higher than the rate of cops killing whites. It’s all sick fake myth. Research it. Look at the numbers.
Facts back this up 100%.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
What are "racists" doing to you, specifically?
Uh, nothing?

Old 06-12-2020, 11:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What exactly are white strangers doing to you, specifically?
I can't speak for their neighbor, but when I'm around black people I know for a long duration of time I'm extra careful not to make them feel isolated or abnormally treated.

I also give them undue privileged to speak their mind and not question them as I would anyone else.

If I am in a group of other black people by myself, I hardly say anything and let them lead the conversation.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hey OP. Do you consider the phrase "the colored population" to be racist?

I'll give you the full quote for context:

“We know it’s twice as often, correct? Could it just be that African Americans – the colored population — do not wash their hands as well as other groups? Or wear a mask? Or do not socially distance themselves? Could that just be maybe the explanation of why there’s a higher incidence?”
No, I do not. It is just old speak. I also do not consider myself African American. I have nothing to do with Africa. I was born and raised in NYC, then broke free to Florida. I am an American, just like a one else who was born here.

I remember terms such as honky and cracker. We used them in my stupid youth.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:40 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
No, I do not. It is just old speak. I also do not consider myself African American. I have nothing to do with Africa. I was born and raised in NYC, then broke free to Florida. I am an American, just like a one else who was born here.

I remember terms such as honky and cracker. We used them in my stupid youth.
OK. Thanks. Some people are seeing that as racist. That may help explain the difference in perception.

Edit: do you feel like the Dr is in any way implying that POC washes their hands less or don't take precautions. As in there must be something this group of people is doing wrong that is causing the 2x rate?

Old 06-12-2020, 11:42 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
So yeh... stand up for yourself. I'm sure there are blacks that will join your cause just like whites have participated in BLM....

Old 06-12-2020, 12:33 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.
Quit being too big for your britches, Bruiser. Don't try to speak for all folks of your race or of mine. Most of us, I'm sure, are fully aware of our skin tones being nothing more than they are.

Just enjoy the bowing while it lasts. With your attitude, it won't be lasting very long.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
OK. Thanks. Some people are seeing that as racist. That may help explain the difference in perception.

Edit: do you feel like the Dr is in any way implying that POC washes their hands less or don't take precautions. As in there must be something this group of people is doing wrong that is causing the 2x rate?
The health of POC is generally worse than whites and that has to do primarily with choice of diet. We tend to eat for flavor, rather than health. With worse diets comes worse health issues.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:07 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,671 times
this overreaction is disgusting... people going through the motions, the Wakanda Forever apparel while kneeling, the sudden excessive charity toward blacks (which will probably fade after this noise dies down).

this sudden rush to beat one another in political correctness.

It's like they're overcompensating blacks and forgetting about all the other oppressed minorities out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies