Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 08:54 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.
Yep. All good pard. We're both just men. No more no less for the tone of our skin. What happened in history elsewhen has no bearing on the here and now. And here and now is all that matters.

I agree this pandering patronizing and these outright sickening platitudes so many people are engaging in is demeaning, weird and truly worthless. For me to act thus toward you serves no purpose and does nothing but put these minor differences in our appearance we have been repeatedly told are best ignored on nauseating display.

All this groveling and simpering by these White guilt advocates calling for unity but in action creating division and causing more harm than healing. Personally I'm like you. Didnt know we were wounded to begin with.

We've never caused each other any harm. Never caused any harm to each others loved ones. Last I checked I dont call you or any other man enemy. Especially not merely because we were born with the skin God gave us.

Nope, I need no absolution from you or any other Black person and I owe no apologies. So we may as well just live the lives we've been given and call things square.

You're welcome at my fire anytime. See to your horse and have a cup.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:55 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,446 times
More people of color like ourselves need to speak loud and clear to those whites liberals "YOU ARE NOT GUILTY JUST BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN".

Old 06-11-2020, 08:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Compassion for the majority of blacks who evidently haven't had the privileged life you enjoy.
Black and privileged? Doesn't that go against The Narrative?

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I just cannot take it anymore. This self hating some of you have is insane. This pandering to me and my community is insane. Stop lowering yourselves. You do not need to be doing this. Please stop letting the media, politicians, and loons shame you into feeling bad for being white or for not being black. Fight back against this public shaming.

My friends and neighbors are still treating me normally, thankfully, but other white people are all but bowing at my feet. They are tripping over themselves to make sure I am happy, taken care of and given extra attention. It is actually getting weird. Really weird.

Please just go back to living your normal life. Nothing is wrong with your normal life. You are not evil for being white. You are not privileged for being white. Your skin color and my skin color are just skin tones, nothing more.
Who are these people? Honestly, I find this statement hilarious. Everyone once in a while you run across bothas with these type of opinions. They usually preach being color blind all up until they're personally affected by "discrimination or abuse". I have a black friend who is a military man, who is a staunch conservative. He loves the second amendment and is a small government type guy big time. His fellow conservatives loved him when he criticized Obama and spoke loudly and often about how blacks need to stop voting Democrat. He received a rude awakening when he saw how his "conservative friends" responded to his stances on police brutality against black folk and when he let them know he opposed many of the Trump policies.

Some people find the attention pleasurable when they are the only black man in the room. But what happens when those in the room turn against you and you realize they did so because you are black? Maybe there was an awakening and you stopped being their token negro???

Brotha, there is something called white privilege and there is systematic racism ingrained in American society. There's no reasonable means of denying this. how you approach it is up to you..

My advice to black men who get caught up in this kind of thinking. See with a third eye and listen with a third ear. if you come home you don't have to spend effort trying to be something others want you to be... Our arms will be wide open...

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
More people of color like ourselves need to speak loud and clear to those whites liberals "YOU ARE NOT GUILTY JUST BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN".
I'm a white liberal and if a black guy came up to me screaming I'd cross the street or lock my car doors or something.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,368,558 times
The "protesters" came into my neighborhood a few hours ago. They were "protesting" a prominent politician who came to town today and spoke near my house. These nice young "protesters" thought it would be civically correct to throw bricks at car windshields as unsuspecting commuters came home from work, unaware at the great Americans exercising their right to riot. When the police broke up the demonstration, they scurried like cockroaches into my neighborhood. I sat by my front door with my 12-gauge loaded (4+1) while my wife tried to keep the kids occupied so they wouldn't see daddy shoot a 17 year old idiot with a t-shirt with Roger Waters' face and a swastika on it. It's quiet now and nothing further happened. Nice world...

Old 06-11-2020, 09:00 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Neo-Nazi? You mean they accept you? How interesting. My right wing family has you going to heaven with your own compartmentalized area away from real whites. Oreos not allowed.

There are always a couple of people in any minority group that does anything they can to be "accepted," by the majority. Trust me, having been brought up in a racist home, you can leave the plantation because no one wants to see you in the fields.

I'm on the outs with my family (parents gone now, but sister and her family are in Alabama). Every once in awhile they tell me about a black friend they have---which illustrates they have so few they need to mention one when they get one.

I'm sure you oppose anything antifa, too. My question is why would anyone oppose antifa, which stands for anti-fascist? Does that mean you are PRO fascist, like the guy in the White House?

Old 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Bruiser, I couldn't rep you, or I would have.

You are a breath of fresh air and insanely intelligent. Respect!
You're doing exactly what the OP was ranting about! LOL!!

Old 06-11-2020, 09:04 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How is my kneeling and prostrating myself compassionate? It’s just an empty gesture. I just treat black people I see the same as I always do, like they were any other person. I haven’t noticed anybody being upset or looking at me funny. Sometimes I think the world has gone crazy watching or reading the news, but then things still tend to be normal in real life. I live in a normal area with pretty live and let live types.
Yep, totally agree.

Old 06-11-2020, 09:06 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There is no Neo, we are all Neo.

Nuh uh. I'm Switch.

(Hey look, y'all...that's a trans joke that's actually funny!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies