Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 09:59 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times

Advertisements

I can’t believe I have to say this. There are terrible people in every community. I don’t know why some would think this would be endorsed by the black community at large. I don’t know any black person that would endorse this kind of behavior. It is highly possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race by a despicable, hateful person. Is it too much to ask that posters here don’t lump all black people together and think that they would endorse this kind of behavior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:01 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I can't tell whether he's black or not. In the first part of the video he appears black, but as he gets closer to the camera I'd say not. Just as the video ends, he's up close to the camera and his neck does NOT look black. Neither does his hair.
Well he certainly is not white, that much is certain. Whether he is a lighter skinned black, mixed, brown, who knows.
But lets say he is brown or mulatto. If he pushed a old black woman down, the media would label him a white person.
Remember George Zimmerman?

`

Old 06-16-2020, 10:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can’t believe I have to say this. There are terrible people in every community. I don’t know why some would think this would be endorsed by the black community at large. I don’t know any black person that would endorse this kind of behavior. It is highly possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race by a despicable, hateful person. Is it too much to ask that posters here don’t lump all black people together and think that they would endorse this kind of behavior?
Black people may not endorse this behavior, but they certainly never condemn it nearly as vociferously as white-on-black attacks. Silence is violence, remember?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:04 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Clearly a hate crime since the victim was white and attacker was black. You know that's how it would be reported if the races were reversed.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:07 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
"It's quite possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race...."

I'll bet if a white guy did this to an elderly black woman you'd be stating it IS a hate crime based on race.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:09 AM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
I cannot speak for others, but my posts focus on how the hypocrisy and purposeful double standards expose the media for the leftist hacks they are.
So if the headline read black man assaults elderly white woman, fine. If not, then don't do so when the victim is a minority and the perpetrator is white.

As to a hate crime, while I applaud your willingness to consider that the scumbag may have had a racial motivation.
However hate crimes (just like media framing of race) is typically a one way street, with minorities rarely ever being charged with it.

Furthermore, I do not automatically assume race is a motivating factor, as there are just some evil, sadistic people out there.
Just like with George Floyd, I think the cop was just a sadistic bully, and police brutality should have been the headline.
Instead the media purposely injected race into it, and look at what has happened as a result.

You can refer to this thread for more of my views on the subject'

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ack-false.html

`

Old 06-16-2020, 10:09 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
OMFG what a tough guy! I bet his "Mama" is proud.

God, I loathe humans.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
This is NYC. Have people started rioting, looting and burning neighborhoods over this hate crime yet? Or do only certain lives matter?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:11 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This is NYC. Have people started rioting, looting and burning neighborhoods over this hate crime yet? Or do only certain lives matter?
We all know if she were black and he white, that block would be afire by now.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:12 AM

2,018 posts, read 3,524,605 times
Quote:
Much like there are terrible cops in every community, who don't represent the entire law enforcement community at large. Is it too much to ask we don't lump all police together and think they endorse police brutality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies