Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 10:13 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Black people may not endorse this behavior, but they certainly never condemn it nearly as vociferously as white-on-black attacks. Silence is violence, remember?
You can blame the media for not giving those incidents as much coverage as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 10:14 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can’t believe I have to say this. There are terrible people in every community. I don’t know why some would think this would be endorsed by the black community at large. I don’t know any black person that would endorse this kind of behavior. It is highly possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race by a despicable, hateful person. Is it too much to ask that posters here don’t lump all black people together and think that they would endorse this kind of behavior?
Exactly: it’s not the color of the individual, it’s the CULTURE of the individual!

Old 06-16-2020, 10:15 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What the hell is wrong with people?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/15/man-kn...om-nyc-attack/
This kind of sociopathy has always been around. This is why gun ownership is a good thing.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:15 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Exactly: it’s not the color of the individual, it’s the CULTURE of the individual!
YESSSS. Lowlife white trash would so do this and laugh about it and post it on Snapchat. Lowlifes are lowlifes no matter the race.

#whyI'mclassist

Old 06-16-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Much like there are terrible cops in every community, who don't represent the entire law enforcement community at large. Is it too much to ask we don't lump all police together and think they endorse police brutality?
I agree, not all police officers are bad and engage in police brutality either. It’s just when you have the police that has an unequal power dynamic in our society. We should support the good cops and make sure there are no repercussions for calling out bad behavior.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
You can blame the media for not giving those incidents as much coverage as well.
I blame black people for not standing in solidarity and getting LOUD when things like this happen. They excuse and obfuscate from their own violence in favor of tackling white-on-black violence.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:21 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I blame black people for not standing in solidarity and getting LOUD when things like this happen. They excuse and obfuscate from their own violence in favor of tackling white-on-black violence.
As a POC, I would like to speak out against this but fear retaliation and ostracization I got slammed on FB when criticizing a white liberal friend’s posts so easier to do anonymous on this message board.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:21 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,677 times
Did he attack the old lady because she was white?

Old 06-16-2020, 10:22 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
What a jerk. He walks past her pushes head and just keeps walking. I can't believe people are out there doing this to little old ladies.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
"It's quite possible that this was a hate crime based solely on race...."

I'll bet if a white guy did this to an elderly black woman you'd be stating it IS a hate crime based on race.
I should’ve stated this appears to be a hate crime based solely on race, but I’m not in the attacker’s head. If they yell racial slurs or have some sort of history with racism, then it would be fairly easy to deduce that is indeed a racially motivated crime. I would say the same thing if the tables were turned. At the end of the day all of these types of crime are motivated by hate, so we are arguing semantics here. I would still support using hate crime legislation in this incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies