Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 08:08 PM

16,781 posts, read 8,777,661 times

Advertisements

While there are increases in cases, much of it has to do with increased testing, but even if the numbers are growing, the death rate has not increased.

For example, look at the chart for Florida where one graph shows increased cases, but significantly lower deaths;

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...ddedb9b25e429/

`

Old 06-25-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
And trumpees ONLY talk about the protests. Not the packed bars and beaches. Not even the political rally he held indoors in an area where cases are spiking.

I don't think protesting in huge crowds is a great idea right now, and I personally haven't attended one since the pandemic started. But at least people are out there for a cause they believe in, not trying to get a perfect tan or drunk at a bar. And the vast majority of protestors I've seen have worn masks. Not so at beaches, bars, or trump rallies.

Classic attitude, as if the cause of ignoring the potential spread of the pandemic is tied to what you might consider a "worthy cause".

Yet when hard working law abiding men & women want to get back to work, worship their religion, etc., that is derided.
But if you want to go out and loot, riot, rape, destroy public and personal property, attack anyone based on their race or profession, and even murder, all under the pretense of a false premise.

`

Old 06-25-2020, 08:25 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,130,411 times
Quote:
And trumpees ONLY talk about the protests. Not the packed bars and beaches. Not even the political rally he held indoors in an area where cases are spiking.

I don't think protesting in huge crowds is a great idea right now, and I personally haven't attended one since the pandemic started. But at least people are out there for a cause they believe in, not trying to get a perfect tan or drunk at a bar. And the vast majority of protestors I've seen have worn masks. Not so at beaches, bars, or trump rallies.
You won't catch coronavirus on the beach unless you're kissing strangers or sharing drinks. That's something that happens on spring break, but most of us don't do that. When we come to the beach we come with our families or friends, who we see anyways, beach or no beach.

And yes, the more we interact with other people the more viruses we will catch. I'm willing to take the risk. 2 months was enough for me. You don't? Simple, don't go to bars and practice good hygiene, and what I do won't infect you.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:33 PM

22,240 posts, read 19,561,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While there are increases in cases, much of it has to do with increased testing, but even if the numbers are growing, the death rate has not increased.

For example, look at the chart for Florida where one graph shows increased cases, but significantly lower deaths;

https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...ddedb9b25e429/

`
Not really that much because of increased testing, as those testing positive have increased in those states (Florida included) as well as hospitalizations. A higher % of the newer cases tend to be younger which should keep the deaths down. Also, keep in mind the deaths are a lagging indicator. New cases in Florida have tripled from two weeks ago, the current increase likely won't be seen in the death #'s for a couple weeks.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:44 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,132,691 times
Quote:

Oh, so trying to live your normal life is bad!

but protesting over dead felons and myths about police killing black people for sport and tearing down statues is good!

Old 06-25-2020, 08:45 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,146,638 times
Woo Hoo USA -- we are number one -- most positive cases today.

WOW.......we are so good

Old 06-25-2020, 08:51 PM

1,348 posts, read 716,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

but protesting over dead felons and myths about police killing black people for sport and tearing down statues is good!
both are bad wrong

Old 06-25-2020, 08:52 PM

1,348 posts, read 716,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

well normal life is gone for the time being until covid goes away or a virus so deal wiuh it quip whining

Old 06-25-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Not really that much because of increased testing, as those testing positive have increased in those states (Florida included) as well as hospitalizations. A higher % of the newer cases tend to be younger which should keep the deaths down. Also, keep in mind the deaths are a lagging indicator. New cases in Florida have tripled from two weeks ago, the current increase likely won't be seen in the death #'s for a couple weeks.
Not to debate with you as no one, not even Fauci or other experts know for sure. However I do know anyone wanting to enter a hospital now, even for routine procedures or other non-COVID related issues, must be tested.
The number of non symptomatic people is surprisingly large, whether it be younger folks or not. Thankfully many of them will not die from it.

A friend of mine who is an MD in one of the largest hospitals in Miami said admissions were relatively low for covid, so a decent number are tested, diagnosed, and then sent home to self quarantine. They do not want them in the hospitals unless they are really sick or in danger.

That makes a lot of sense, which is just the opposite of what that idiot Cuomo did in NY .

`

Old 06-25-2020, 11:48 PM

8,198 posts, read 3,751,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Not to debate with you as no one, not even Fauci or other experts know for sure. However I do know anyone wanting to enter a hospital now, even for routine procedures or other non-COVID related issues, must be tested.
The number of non symptomatic people is surprisingly large, whether it be younger folks or not. Thankfully many of them will not die from it.

A friend of mine who is an MD in one of the largest hospitals in Miami said admissions were relatively low for covid, so a decent number are tested, diagnosed, and then sent home to self quarantine. They do not want them in the hospitals unless they are really sick or in danger.

That makes a lot of sense, which is just the opposite of what that idiot Cuomo did in NY .

`
Covid hospitalizations (as in you have to be hospitalized because you have severe Covid symptoms) have increased in Texas more than x 3 since Memorial day. The positive test rate has doubled.

The fact that everybody that goes for a routine procedure is tested has absolutely nothing to do with the this increase. Obviously.

So spare me the increased testing nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies