Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 11:52 PM

16,687 posts, read 8,690,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Covid hospitalizations (as in you have to be hospitalized because you have severe Covid symptoms) have increased in Texas more than x 3 since Memorial day. The positive test rate has doubled.

The fact that everybody that goes for a routine procedure is tested has absolutely nothing to do with the this increase. Obviously.

So spare me the increased testing nonsense.

Spare you factual information?

I never said the increase was solely based on more testing, but is in fact one of the reasons for more positives, even for those not having to be hospitalized for it.

BTW - My view on this is not a political one, as even experts than lean both ways have said as much.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:03 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,719,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I never said the increase was solely based on more testing, but is in fact one of the reasons for more positives, even for those not having to be hospitalized for it.

BTW - My view on this is not a political one, as even experts than lean both ways have said as much.
More testing can lead to more positives. It does not lead to higher positive rate. Texas went from 5% to above 10%

Old 06-26-2020, 12:17 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,246,686 times
Quote:

But the fact that more people are being hospitalized clearly indicates a significant upward trend regardless of the extent of testing, and that fact is beyond reproach. Texas Medical Center’s ICU wasn’t at 97% percent capacity in May. Some things just speak for themselves.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:43 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,817,880 times
Quote:
Not to debate with you as no one, not even Fauci or other experts know for sure. However I do know anyone wanting to enter a hospital now, even for routine procedures or other non-COVID related issues, must be tested.
The number of non symptomatic people is surprisingly large, whether it be younger folks or not. Thankfully many of them will not die from it.

A friend of mine who is an MD in one of the largest hospitals in Miami said admissions were relatively low for covid, so a decent number are tested, diagnosed, and then sent home to self quarantine. They do not want them in the hospitals unless they are really sick or in danger.

That makes a lot of sense, which is just the opposite of what that idiot Cuomo did in NY .

`
People had to be REALLY sick in New York to be admitted to a hospital. I don't know where you're getting your information. Hospitals were overflowing in several areas so unless people needed oxygen or a ventilator, they recovered at home. I know several people who were in both situations. Some had mild or no symptoms at all, but I know people who battled fever and severe symptoms for weeks at home.

Thankfully the people I know personally recovered, but the obituaries and funeral homes were in dire straits for several weeks.

Last edited by OnOurWayHome; 06-26-2020 at 04:56 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,817,880 times
Houston's health authorities seem pretty concerned. I'd listen to them before the politicians. Learn from the mistakes we made in NY.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...d-2a350a5c1fbb

Old 06-26-2020, 04:55 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,355,027 times
A record number of new infections yesterday 40,184 with CA, TX and FL all over 5,000 cases, looks like April again but with a lower death rate.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:22 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,414,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A record number of new infections yesterday 40,184 with CA, TX and FL all over 5,000 cases, looks like April again but with a lower death rate.
And, just to be clear, the lower death rate is due to the younger age of those getting infected, not a viral mutation. In my FL county, by far most of the new cases are in the 18 to 21 y.o. range. So, great — everyone 45 and above has to fear for their lives because some college students just had to party.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,125,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
And, just to be clear, the lower death rate is due to the younger age of those getting infected, not a viral mutation. In my FL county, by far most of the new cases are in the 18 to 21 y.o. range. So, great — everyone 45 and above has to fear for their lives because some college students just had to party.
Wear a mask, practice good hand hygiene and you won't get it even if every young person on the streets has it. You're responsible for your health. Stop asking others to sacrifice their quality of life, for you. I'm getting there in the age bracket as well, but posts like this p*ss me off, have consideration for them!

Old 06-26-2020, 06:01 AM

764 posts, read 236,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Wear a mask, practice good hand hygiene and you won't get it even if every young person on the streets has it. You're responsible for your health. Stop asking others to sacrifice their quality of life, for you. I'm getting there in the age bracket as well, but posts like this p*ss me off, have consideration for them!
Absolutely agree...………..

Old 06-26-2020, 06:42 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,276,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
But the fact that more people are being hospitalized clearly indicates a significant upward trend regardless of the extent of testing, and that fact is beyond reproach. Texas Medical Center’s ICU wasn’t at 97% percent capacity in May. Some things just speak for themselves.

Or a change in hospital admission criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies