Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2020, 11:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Yes, there are lots of smart poor/lower middle class students denied higher education opportunities due to lack of affordability.

Affirmative action helps white women the most...is a drop in the bucket compared to legacy admissions.

https://www.vox.com/2016/5/25/116829...rmative-action

Legacy admissions are usually wealthy and have the advantages in higher education. 38 colleges have more students in the top 1% than the entire bottom 60 percent?!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...6-005056bf0011
White women aren't benefiting from affirmative action that gives them a boost over their merit. They've benefited from anti-discrimination based on being female, which all females have benefited. Females are now favored over males and white females have high merit as far as females go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 11:19 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Not only a persecution complex, but also an inferiority complex.

I'm not the only person to think this way, conservative Black vloggers have also touched upon it, but for many who follow groups like BLM, it's ultimately about seeking 'validation' in the eyes of White people.

Yes, to an outsider it may seem like BLM followers are hostile towards Whites in their rhetoric, but in reality their self worth is measured by how much White people accept them. This is why BLM followers were absolutely thrilled to see so many corporations kow tow to them and bend over backwards in 'embracing' the BLM movement and doing anything and everything to appease them. And also thrilled to see things like White people kneeling and washing their feet.

And when any entity or individual doesn't publicly speak out in favor of BLM or kowtow to them, it hurts their feelings and they spend every minute monitoring these things on an hourly basis until they do. It's like the little child that gets upset and hurt feelings because their mom or dad doesn't acknowledge them.

Look at how BLM reacts towards other non-White races. The Korean pop group BTS donated one million U.S. dollars to BLM (unannounced and initially unpublicized). The reaction of BLM couldn't have been more meh. To BLM, other races besides Whites aren't as relevant to them and in fact continue to be viewed either negatively or ambivalently. It is always about Black and White, and White acceptance of Blacks.

It never matters to groups like BLM that many Black Americans have achieved the highest of successes in many fields whether it be science, sports, entertainment, business, politics, etc. Their persecution and inferiority complexes makes them feel important and 'powerful' and it keeps getting worse as more companies and individuals cave into these insane demands.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:02 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not only a persecution complex, but also an inferiority complex.

I'm not the only person to think this way, conservative Black vloggers have also touched upon it, but for many who follow groups like BLM, it's ultimately about seeking 'validation' in the eyes of White people.

Yes, to an outsider it may seem like BLM followers are hostile towards Whites in their rhetoric, but in reality their self worth is measured by how much White people accept them. This is why BLM followers were absolutely thrilled to see so many corporations kow tow to them and bend over backwards in 'embracing' the BLM movement and doing anything and everything to appease them. And also thrilled to see things like White people kneeling and washing their feet.

And when any entity or individual doesn't publicly speak out in favor of BLM or kowtow to them, it hurts their feelings and they spend every minute monitoring these things on an hourly basis until they do. It's like the little child that gets upset and hurt feelings because their mom or dad doesn't acknowledge them.

Look at how BLM reacts towards other non-White races. The Korean pop group BTS donated one million U.S. dollars to BLM (unannounced and initially unpublicized). The reaction of BLM couldn't have been more meh. To BLM, other races besides Whites aren't as relevant to them and in fact continue to be viewed either negatively or ambivalently. It is always about Black and White, and White acceptance of Blacks.

It never matters to groups like BLM that many Black Americans have achieved the highest of successes in many fields whether it be science, sports, entertainment, business, politics, etc. Their persecution and inferiority complexes makes them feel important and 'powerful' and it keeps getting worse as more companies and individuals cave into these insane demands.
They sure are going about it in the totally wrong way. I'll never accept anyone black, white or whatever that doesn't share my values and interests and worse scapegoats me and constantly demands things with nothing in return and while constantly trashing my heritage and identity and rights. Anyone that does that is my enemy and there will never be reconciliation.

Old 06-20-2020, 03:31 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Its also expecting to find racism, and viewing your interactions thru that lens.
Here are 2 real life examples.
1) I managed a Jaguar car dealership. Jaguar notified us that they did an investigation on a CA dealership because they received a complaint from a black couple that they were discriminated against, because when they went there, no one would come out on the lot and help them because they were black.
So Jaguar sent undercover shoppers there to see for themselves.
When completed, they gave their report. They were asked.."So did the black people get helped?" They answered "No"...but neither did the white people, asian people or anyone else. Customer service there sucked, and the lazy salespeople would not go help anyone on the lot, and would wait for them to go inside."
This proves what I've been saying for decades: "Perception is not reality."

Quote:
2) While at Jaguar i had a white couple come in and look at cars. They found one they liked, and as per policy, salesman went with them on 1st test ride. They came back and said they liked it, and could we appraise their trade in. So I said yes, and they asked if while i was doing that, could the wife drive the car, since she didnt on test ride.
I told them yes, and they left in car, while we got their trade appraised. Meanwhile a black couple came in, looked at cars, and asked to take it on test drive. My salesman explained he needed to go with, just as first couple pulled up and got out of car without salesman. The black couple immediately called my salesman racist, and that he wouldn't let them go alone because they were black, and that he let white people take care by themselves,not giving him a chance to explain, that our policy was that a salesman go on all 1st test drives with customer. (It allows salesman to show them controls, explain how sport/luxury mode works on transmission, etc. Also, if the car had a loose tire jack or something rattling in trunk, he can find it and address it rather than have a customer think car is falling apart and just bring it back and leave. I've had people have the car in the luxury mode, so it shifts at a lower rpm, which is smoother but not as peppy, think a car feels sluggish. Had i not been able to show customer how to change it, i may have lost a sale.)
So black couple jumped in their car and accused us of being racist. I tried calling them, and they would hang up as soon as i identified myself.

In their mind, they were discriminated against. But they were absolutely not discriminated against. Had they let the salesman explain, they would have known our policies. Or they could have even asked the first couple if a salesman went with.
This idea of being discriminated against, is self perpetuating. When you assume you will be discriminated against, then any bad experience is due to racism. Bad customer service? Its because you are black. Not because that store treats everyone poorly, or they are short staffed.

Yet again, perception is not reality.

This goes for everyone, not one race. Many people jump to conclusions without having the full story, without knowing what is going on. They automatically assume that something nefarious is going on, and they do not listen when someone tries to explain to them that their perception is not reality.

I even had a supervisor one time who would argue with me that all that matters is how someone perceived the situation, not what the reality of the situation was.

And I think a lot of people have that mindset. It's completely wrong. If you think something has happened that doesn't appear fair to you, get the full story before assuming it's because you were (fill in the blank). Some times, you're right, but I think a LOT of times, you're wrong.

I guess some people just enjoy being upset.

Old 06-20-2020, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I know a lot of successful white peoples who put forth little effort...leave work early, take 2 hour lunches, complain all dam day...making over 100k and then think they should be getting paid more.
So do I. And I'm always incredulous at how they keep their jobs. And then, when if I bother to try to figure it out, the majority of the time it's because they are the biggest ass kissers in the company. That's not a race thing, that's a poor character thing. I've also said, no less than a hundred times throughout my adult life, that you can eliminate about 80% of a workforce, and the company would do just fine. Why? Because about 80% (my own estimation based on what I've seen), do jack all the entire day. They do a great job of pretending to work really hard, but in reality, they aren't doing a fricken thing.

Ask 2 of my ex co-workers about that. They goofed off all day long, while doing their best to convince the boss that they were working hard and I was the one doing nothing all day long. My supervisor finally got sick of the complaining and for 2 weeks made us fill out "contingency" cards. I was pissed. I'm not a child in school.

Nonetheless, I went ahead and did it because I knew that the truth would be revealed. The reason is because my father taught me from a very young age to get all of your work done, first, before you go have fun - which in the work place meant "before you take a break".

Even with knowing that their work was going to be monitored for 2 weeks, my co-workers still goofed off. In the end, when it came time for raises, I got one, they didn't. And no, I'm not sorry that I enjoyed every savory moment when one co-worker came out of the supervisor's office mad, and the other came out in tears. My supervisor told me, during my evaluation, where he spent a lot of time apologizing to me, that the weren't going to get a raise because of all of this nonsense. He realized that they were butt kissers that were not producing work.

We don't often get to see karma play out, but that one time, I got to see it. I know you're not supposed to enjoy it or it comes back to you, as well, but I did. And I'm not sorry that I did.

None of it had to do with race. It was a combination of ass kissing, a whole lot of whining on their part, and the supervisor calling their bluffs. Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
they did something to get to that point. whether it be work or education. companies don't give participation prizes.
Yes, they do. Regardless of race or gender or age, if you suck up to the boss enough, and the boss is an egotistical pos, you can get away without doing a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Wow.. You guys intentionally missed the obvious. I never said I couldn’t make it in America. I’m doing fine BECAUSE my elders did the heavy lifting in the 60’s.

You talk about advantages? Lmao.. that’s rich. America rigged the game for hundreds of years and now that we get a few “advantages” you cry about it. Welcome to America!!
The point of the thread is not about "advantages", the point is, you (general, not you, specifically) blaming someone else for what you don't have that you think you "deserve" simply for existing. But to your comment, you have advantages and don't take them, but then want to blame someone else for that. I don't feel sorry for you if you don't take advantage of your advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nope, two of the people that come to mind don’t even have a 4 year degree. They just know how to talk a good game. Sounding like you know what you are talking about goes a long ways. Always ask questions. Always be engaged and that slit impresses management...even if you don’t do slit. As the old saying goes, they could not program themselves out of a paper bag.
So...we're actually in agreement. If you suck up to the boss, and the boss is receptive to that, you can suck at your job and still make it. But that isn't about race, that's about slime balls who schmooze their way around the work place. No one respects those types of people.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-20-2020 at 04:15 AM..

Old 06-20-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
LOL I don't know, I have been on tagging committees where I didn't relate at all to some of the white peoples.

I honestly had a woman on the committee that tried to compliment me for raising a black kid especially a boy. She said "You must be very brave and have a big heart to take a black child into your home, especially a boy."

I was like WTF are you talking about?

"Well you know they have problems around sex and privacy." LOL. You can't make that stuff up.

He did have issues. His natural father had died from cancer. His mother was long gone died of an over does an d her family didn't want him. His dad had no family. His dad and I were very close friends. A lawyer and a lot of money later he had a home.

Absolutely had a lot to work through. Privacy, sex and stealing were never issues. My daughters bossing him was another. LOL Drove him to my shop when ever I was home.

I confronted that idiot and she was honestly shocked that anything she said was racist.

I also can't relate to people who think that the police are beyond reproach and it's wrong to second guess them or question their tactics.

Yeah there are plenty of whites that I can't relate to.
And on the other side of that fence are some black folks who like to get on those black parents who adopt white children. Don't act like it's only one race that can't handle seeing a mixed family.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:25 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Perhaps you missed the part where I was race-nonspecific. That is a challenge that'll lift you out of poverty no matter who you are or what the melanin content of your skin happens to be.

But it is odd that you specifically want to not help blacks. How racist can you get?
I want YOU to help white people. Not me.. lol

Old 06-20-2020, 07:39 AM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I’ve brought this up before, and was soundly bullied into silence by our most virulent leftists on this forum.

Specifically, I said that much, if not most, of the problem stems from the fact that 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock, and this is turn correlates with poor educational attainment, higher rates of crime, and of course poverty. If blacks dropped the rate even by half, so that the majority of babies were born to married parents, each working, they can raise their children in lower-middle class comfort at the minimum, rather than poverty, and most of the problems (not all - there would still be some racists no matter what) would disappear.
Yup, you can talk about thousands of different issues related to the black community, but this is the core problem: black out wedlock birthrates and no fathers.

Nothing will change unless we blacks fix it. And it can only be fixed through cutting liberal welfare that punishes 2 low income family households while rewarding 1 parent households, as well as a change in culture and attitude when it comes to education and laws.

The blueprint is already there: the prosperity of Asian Americans and African immigrants. But we blacks refuse to realize it.

Look folks, it’s 2020, if we blacks haven’t figured it out by now then it’s obviously a lost cause. You can’t legislate a demographic up the social ladder.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
White women aren't benefiting from affirmative action that gives them a boost over their merit. They've benefited from anti-discrimination based on being female, which all females have benefited. Females are now favored over males and white females have high merit as far as females go.
So they ARE benefitting. You just reworded what was posted.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:54 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, you can talk about thousands of different issues related to the black community, but this is the core problem: black out wedlock birthrates and no fathers.

Nothing will change unless we blacks fix it. And it can only be fixed through cutting liberal welfare that punishes 2 low income family households while rewarding 1 parent households, as well as a change in culture and attitude when it comes to education and laws.

The blueprint is already there: the prosperity of Asian Americans and African immigrants. But we blacks refuse to realize it.

Look folks, it’s 2020, if we blacks haven’t figured it out by now then it’s obviously a lost cause. You can’t legislate a demographic up the social ladder.
I'd like to nominate this for the BEST post of this thread. Thank You !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies