Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 08:41 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No.
I agree. I have neighbors that respectfully and properly fly the flag every day of the year and this is generally considered to be a somewhat liberal college town. No problems anywhere and I expect none either except for the inevitable premature fireworks. Gotta get those illegal boom-booms in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 08:44 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Self-appointed. If you disagree, feel free to lodge a differing opinion rather than making lame boomer jokes.

I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to make a a "NOT" joke.
I did in fact. But without all your the bravado. And your post was worthy of a snarky comment IMO. It was nuts.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:17 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A friend told me last night she and her husband have decided not to put their big flag out near the road this 4th, as she is surrounded by democrat neighbors who were in town protesting the last two weekends.

Anyone else concerned about local democrats and anarchists targeting them on the 4th?

We will put our flag out as usual. If we don’t stand up to the anti-American anarchists trying to take over the country, then they will.....
When the thought of flying our flag being potentially dangerous even crosses our mind, this country is DONE!

Old 06-30-2020, 09:20 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Canadians are some of the nicest people you'll meet in real life but also the most condescending a-holes you'll meet on the internet.
I got my fill when my son was in youth hockey. Worst hockey parents I ever met and that’s saying something. Of course it is a tiny percentage and all should not be judged but yeah, the on line variants are pretty bad.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:51 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This thread is proof of how fearful people are these days. Just look at all the comments "we are finished", and people wondering if its safe to fly the flag. What a bunch of wussies.

That is the loser spirit talking.

One thing we know for sure: the Trump & Russian propaganda has worked. If you keep repeating things, people will eventually start believing it, and the fact that someone burning a flag in some corner of the nation has millions of people wondering if they are safe to fly it, shows the propaganda has worked exceptionally well.

The spirit of fear has taken over millions of Americans. They have been told Democrats are the enemy and they believe it. Textbook example of "divide and conquer", and also a textbook example how easily people can be manipulated.
Well said.

My thoughts when reading some of the comments from so-called "patriots" on here is my gosh you people have so little faith in this country. Turn off Fox News, take a deep breath and go outside. I turned on that channel yesterday and goodness, they'd have you believe that swarms if Democrats waving Antifa flags are on the verge of invading quiet suburbs to burn your flags and murder your children. Honestly. Shut it off. Most if the country is just fine - working out how to fix some issues.

I fly a flag most every day. Im not concerned in the least. Proudly unaffiliated voter here.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Yesterday I noticed several flags flying in our neighborhood already, and no one has paid any attention, but then we are in a quiet, peaceful exurban city.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A friend told me last night she and her husband have decided not to put their big flag out near the road this 4th, as she is surrounded by democrat neighbors who were in town protesting the last two weekends.

Anyone else concerned about local democrats and anarchists targeting them on the 4th?

We will put our flag out as usual. If we don’t stand up to the anti-American anarchists trying to take over the country, then they will.....
Oh for heavens sake. Fly your flag. Most people couldn't care less, including Democrats.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:11 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
When the thought of flying our flag being potentially dangerous even crosses our mind, this country is DONE!
I can't imagine somebody coming into a yard and becoming violent just because of flying the flag. What a ridiculous notion.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:16 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
I am a person of color and will proudly display the American flag on the 4th.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:18 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can't imagine somebody coming into a yard and becoming violent just because of flying the flag. What a ridiculous notion.
Republicans live on ridiculous notions. Look at the president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies