Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:09 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
James Webb- Blue dog democrat
Evan McCullough- Independent
Jon Huntsman- Republican

All vied for the presidency and rebuked. That's why a 3rd party would be great.
I said, "Serious."

Perot participated in the debates and actually received a respectable amount of votes. And he was 3rd party, so not sure why think that is so great.

I like those other guys, but they never stood a chance. Webb bailed on the Senate after 1 term.

Suffice it to say, if balancing the budget was considered important by the populace, we would do it.

Guess what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 12:11 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Agreed, I don't think he's anything more than a NY Democrat. I've always thought this and wouldn't expect anything but big government spending from him.

Still better than what the Dems are serving up, but not by much.
The only president in modern history that balanced the budget and reduced the deficit was Bill Clinton. Obama turned the economy around and stopped Bush's recession. So by all means, please tell me how the republicans are better at managing our money.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:15 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/morning...morning-report

This is insane!! What Republican in their right mind would want to further plunge our country deeper into debt, all the while the Administration is exclaiming "WE'RE OPEN!! OPEN NOW!!!".

I'm sick of this RINO in the White House. Where's the Tea Party faithful of just a few years ago? Where's your outrage now? Get this clown out of office. Put a real Conservative on the ticket and dump Trump 'the King of Debt'.
Close to election, buying votes?

It sure isnt about the "good of the country"..............

Old 07-08-2020, 12:22 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Stop it. Really, just stop it.
No. Sorry.

Quote:
Both parties have racked up debt. Both parties support the social welfare state (aka Entitlements). Neither party touts themselves as fiscally responsible.
GOP touts themselves as fiscally responsible, but when they are in power, it flies out the window. As a matter of fact, Dems are more fiscally responsible, because they admit they would hike taxes in order to pay for their spending, while GOP spends on a credit card.

Quote:
Veto? What was Trump supposed to veto?
The spending, but of course we all know he is the one who asked for it, so why would he veto it.

Quote:
The bill that gave you a check? He was supposed to veto THAT?
The bill that will take the money out of my pocket and put it in yours.

Quote:
Yea sure, Finn_Jarber, that would have really worked! You would have been rioting along with Pelosi.
No, I would not have been rioting.

Quote:
As for me, I would love Fiscal Prudence.
I'll bet your voting record shows otherwise.

Old 07-08-2020, 12:55 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,716 times
Quote:

This is insane!! What Republican in their right mind would want to further plunge our country deeper into debt, all the while the Administration is exclaiming "WE'RE OPEN!! OPEN NOW!!!".

I'm sick of this RINO in the White House. Where's the Tea Party faithful of just a few years ago? Where's your outrage now? Get this clown out of office. Put a real Conservative on the ticket and dump Trump 'the King of Debt'.
Calm down, USA is not going to pay down the debt anyway, so who cares? Trillion here, trillion there...
One way or another people will get poorer, and establishment will get richer.

We are heading towards neo-feudalism, so do you really care if your future master will own million of slaves (including you) or million and a half?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Barry Goldwater Trump ain’t.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:02 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:

Whatever you say, RINO Neocon (at best).

Only communists demand that we see and categorize politics through an economic lens, and not the social politics lens through which they actually exist.

Let's see you come back and start a thread about any other trillion in any other budget category that isn't emergency-related social relief (not that I necessarily agree with any of it). The point is that it isn't coming. You merely hate Trump's base.

I think that your commander: America-hating Bill Kristol has a new tweet. Better take a break at CD and get over to Twitter to read it.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:06 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
This is a typical republican strategy. They jack up the national debt and then blame it on the democrats. GW Bush gave corps and the wealthy 1.3 trillion in tax breaks and along comes Trump and gives them another 1.5 trillion in goodies. With Covid 19 Trump is doing what he usually does and has all but bankrupted the country. By the end of 2020 Trump will have slammed the national debt by 10 trillion dollars.
When Biden is elected the first thing we will hear from republicans is fiscal responsibility.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:14 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No. Sorry.

GOP touts themselves as fiscally responsible, but when they are in power, it flies out the window. As a matter of fact, Dems are more fiscally responsible, because they admit they would hike taxes in order to pay for their spending, while GOP spends on a credit card.

The spending, but of course we all know he is the one who asked for it, so why would he veto it.

The bill that will take the money out of my pocket and put it in yours.

No, I would not have been rioting.

I'll bet your voting record shows otherwise.
In order:

Yes. Please.

The last time we had fiscal responsibility is when Newt Gingrich and the GOP Congress were around. Who has been as such since? Obama? Don't make me laugh.

No, the Covid relief was a bipartisan bill. Pelosi-McConnel-Trump worked together and agreed. Denying the obvious is a fool's errand.

The bill took the money of your pocket and gave it to me? Wow, why does that sound stupid?

True. Not rioting, just lying your tail off in this thread.

My voting record is all over the map and none of your f---- business. I did note vote for Trump. I take it you really feel stupid now.

Now, dust off your high school civics textbook and learn how Congress and spending works. Because you have no clue.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:14 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:

Guess his big corp buddies need more dough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies