Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 01:25 PM

1,711 posts, read 809,525 times

Advertisements

Are there any assurances that someone testing positive today and counted as such wasn't tested positive 3 weeks ago and counted then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 02:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Are there any assurances that someone testing positive today and counted as such wasn't tested positive 3 weeks ago and counted then?
I think they are counted in daily new cases totals since daily totals are really new processed cases from today to yesterday. What is done in Arizona is the case-by-day graph is updated with the cases. I cannot speak of other states doing anything different as I live in AZ and know the way AZ collects and organizes data.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:28 PM

407 posts, read 123,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They're doing it, much of the increased number of tests are done by people to go back to work, or requiring a test because someone at their work tested +.
"Florida Health Authorities Often Fail To Do Contact Tracing"
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/0...ntact-tracing/

You're right. You know and they don't? mmmkay.

Quote:
I don't care what Trump says, you're the one obsessed by it. Not me.
Well, yeah. I suppose so since he is the president and all. It matters what he says and that is the whole point of this conversation. It's about what Trump says. It is for me at least.

Quote:
But even that statement is not idiotic. Though it doesn't explain the situation in Florida. I know you claim to be a scientist, but for a supposed scientist, you're incredibly limited, to use a PC word

Say 5% of the population is infected and you do 100 random tests, say you get 5 + test results.

Now in 2 months, say 2% of the population is infected, and you do 1000 random tests, you get 20 + test results.

Overall, cases went down, but + test results went up, due to increased testing.

It's also possible positivity can go up, even if overall cases go down, if you test smarter. Contact tracing is an example of smarter testing. Something that was not happening in April.
I cannot imagine going to work and using this kind of logic with my colleagues. Oh, so we're seeing an increase in the occurrence of small cell carcinoma in groups of people who smoke pot using a hookah (or whatever). Well, maybe there is an increased incidence because they are getting more MRI's done! That's real useful. I"m sorry, it's just dumb. It's dumb saying, typing it. And it's dangerous coming out of Trump's mouth.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:54 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
"Florida Health Authorities Often Fail To Do Contact Tracing"
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/0...ntact-tracing/
"Often fail" does not mean they're not doing it. In fact, it means they're doing it, but miss some cases. English fail.

Quote:
I cannot imagine going to work and using this kind of logic with my colleagues. Oh, so we're seeing an increase in the occurrence of small cell carcinoma in groups of people who smoke pot using a hookah (or whatever). Well, maybe there is an increased incidence because they are getting more MRI's done! That's real useful. I"m sorry, it's just dumb. It's dumb saying, typing it. And it's dangerous coming out of Trump's mouth.
This is an analogy that fails because the creator is not intelligent to construct a scenario with relevancy behind it.

Obviously the increase in testing is leading to an increase in positive results. That is not deniable. It's also true more community spreading is occurring. But comparing + results from today to May is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:00 PM

407 posts, read 123,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
"Often fail" does not mean they're not doing it. In fact, it means they're doing it, but miss some cases. English fail.
LOL You remind me of this time when I was a kid and I convinced my brother 50 cents was actually a dollar. I had two quarters and he a dollar bill. I told him the two quarters I gave and the two quarters he received added up to 1 dollar. So, he should just give me the bill lol. That is what you are doing to me right now.

Quote:
This is an analogy that fails because the creator is not intelligent to construct a scenario with relevancy behind it.

Obviously the increase in testing is leading to an increase in positive results. That is not deniable. It's also true more community spreading is occurring.
Note the side point of more community spread. The only fail here is the idiotic notion of increased testing and positives. Trump also says that our positive cases will go down if we just stop testing. Ya'll are nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies