Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 04:36 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's possible, but you seem pretty damn sure. You should cite the data that says that people feeling perfectly fine, as in asymptomatic, are spreading this particular virus. I'm not seeing definitive proof that you seem to think exists.

‘No evidence’ that asymptomatic Covid-19 cases were infectious, analysis of post-lockdown Wuhan concludes

Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says

Asymptomatic Spread Revisited

This is not the science that states are pushing, nor is Biden. They just want to demand we all wear a mask, no matter what or why.

I understand that treating a person with COVID costs more money, because of the isolation and other factors. I'm not arguing about that, so why bring it up as if I was?

There is extra money if someone dies from something that COVID is not responsible for, and then testing after their death and discovering they tested positive for COVID. You could be admitted to the emergency room for a car accident, be placed on a ventilator and die, and test positive for COVID after death, and the feds pay the hospital extra cash for it.

Why test a car accident victim, stroke or heart attack victim for COVID, when their admittance and death had nothing to do with the disease?
Accident victims are not tested for Covid.
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...7-c2ae75c2b2ce

I've read that stroke is a higher risk during Covid.
https://www.uab.edu/news/research/it...rity-and-death

Covid causes higher risks for those with heart trouble. I suppose the doctors wouldn't know if that was the issue until they tested for it.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart...-for-the-heart

Old 12-23-2020, 05:06 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's possible, but you seem pretty damn sure. You should cite the data that says that people feeling perfectly fine, as in asymptomatic, are spreading this particular virus. I'm not seeing definitive proof that you seem to think exists.
This is one study supporting asymptomatic spread.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/11/20-3353_article

Quote:
This is not the science that states are pushing, nor is Biden. They just want to demand we all wear a mask, no matter what or why.
This idea is ridiculous. If that is true, why not do it every flu season?

Quote:
I understand that treating a person with COVID costs more money, because of the isolation and other factors. I'm not arguing about that, so why bring it up as if I was?

There is extra money if someone dies from something that COVID is not responsible for, and then testing after their death and discovering they tested positive for COVID. You could be admitted to the emergency room for a car accident, be placed on a ventilator and die, and test positive for COVID after death, and the feds pay the hospital extra cash for it.

Why test a car accident victim, stroke or heart attack victim for COVID, when their admittance and death had nothing to do with the disease?
You seem to think it is wrong for hospitals to get more reimbursement for treating COVID-19.

Again, there is no money at all for a COVID-19 death. None. Not a penny.

Hospitals are paid for medical care, and manipulating the diagnosis to call something COVID-19 that is not COVID-19 is fraud. Audits will find it. Whistleblowers will blow the whistle.

Your car victim scenario would be an outlier. For a death certificate to list COVID-19 as the cause there must be signs and symptoms of COVID-19, not just a positive test. If your accident victim does not have signs and symptoms of COVID-19, then COVID-19 is not the cause of death.

COVID-19 is now known to cause abnormal clotting and can cause strokes and heart attacks. In fact, strokes in some people were the first symptom of COVID-19 and such strokes in people with no other risk factors for stroke in fact led to the discovery of the clotting problems. Therefore, people with heart attacks and strokes should be tested for the virus.

In addition, most hospitals will test everyone in order to reduce risk of exposure to staff and other patients.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:53 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
This is one study supporting asymptomatic spread.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/11/20-3353_article
He gave you three that contradicted your one study. Why are you claiming it is undisputed that asymptomatic carriers can spread the virus?

Old 12-23-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
He gave you three that contradicted your one study. Why are you claiming it is undisputed that asymptomatic carriers can spread the virus?
When someone claims there is "no definitive proof" it only takes is one study to disprove it.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
When someone claims there is "no definitive proof" it only takes is one study to disprove it.
Well, that's not how science works. But you haven't been following the science all along because of your agenda.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Well, that's not how science works. But you haven't been following the science all along because of your agenda.
Yes, it is.

One aspect of the scientific method is that a hypothesis must be falsifiable. No number of experiments can ever prove it is true, though at some point there is a critical point at which the likelihood that it is true is very great. Then your hypothesis may become a scientific Theory.

However, all it takes to falsify - disprove - your hypothesis is one experiment that shows it is not true.

Hypothesis: there is no asymptomatic spread of SARS-CoV-2

Hypothesis falsified: example of asymptomatic spread.

There are other examples, too, but they are not needed to falsify the claim.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is.

One aspect of the scientific method is that a hypothesis must be falsifiable. No number of experiments can ever prove it is true, though at some point there is a critical point at which the likelihood that it is true is very great. Then your hypothesis may become a scientific Theory.

However, all it takes to falsify - disprove - your hypothesis is one experiment that shows it is not true.

Hypothesis: there is no asymptomatic spread of SARS-CoV-2

Hypothesis falsified: example of asymptomatic spread.

There are other examples, too, but they are not needed to falsify the claim.
Your claim has been: COVID spreads asymptomatically.

He showed studies that indicate it doesn't.

Your claim is false based on what you just said. I don't believe you have even a college degree after reading what you just wrote.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Your claim has been: COVID spreads asymptomatically.

He showed studies that indicate it doesn't.

Your claim is false based on what you just said. I don't believe you have even a college degree after reading what you just wrote.
You cannot prove a negative.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:00 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Saw an interesting post. The guy posted that its been 9 months since the pandemic started so shouldn't all the non mask wearers be dead by now? And why are all these mask wearers coming down with Covid? They should be shamed for not washing their hands or something.
Anyway, Reading Pa. Two brothers got into a fight over one having visited a cousin who was displaying Covid symptoms. The brother's dad tried to break up the fight but it escalated until one brother stabbed the other.
There has to be some common ground and compromise. We know masks don't do much to stop the spread, but you can still wear them loosely so as not to restrict your breathing and you're still being PROTECTIVELY CORRECT( like it?) and it won't be any less effective.
And I WILL be meeting them halfway and getting a Covid vaccination. I'm getting a pretend fake one that never breaks the skin like the politicos and Dr. Faucci. He couldn't even remember which arm he supposedly got it in.
I'll pass on the real one that causes all those reactions. At least for 7 years or so until they know if its safe. And by then this will all be yesterday's news.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Saw an interesting post. The guy posted that its been 9 months since the pandemic started so shouldn't all the non mask wearers be dead by now? And why are all these mask wearers coming down with Covid? They should be shamed for not washing their hands or something.
Anyway, Reading Pa. Two brothers got into a fight over one having visited a cousin who was displaying Covid symptoms. The brother's dad tried to break up the fight but it escalated until one brother stabbed the other.
There has to be some common ground and compromise. We know masks don't do much to stop the spread, but you can still wear them loosely so as not to restrict your breathing and you're still being PROTECTIVELY CORRECT( like it?) and it won't be any less effective.
And I WILL be meeting them halfway and getting a Covid vaccination. I'm getting a pretend fake one that never breaks the skin like the politicos and Dr. Faucci. He couldn't even remember which arm he supposedly got it in.
I'll pass on the real one that causes all those reactions. At least for 7 years or so until they know if its safe. And by then this will all be yesterday's news.
He could not remember which arm he got it in because the side effects for most people are nonexistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies