Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 04:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You want my advice?

NO!!!!!!

Well, take it anyway: ignore all this "If you silent you're complicit" nonsense. That's just jargon designed to put a guilt trip on you. Your No. 1 responsibility is YOU, not the left, not the radicals trying to guilt you into joining their hopeless cause of turning this country into a lawless anarchy. Look out for No 1. Next, look out for No. 2, your family. Forget all the rest. Try to weather this storm as best you can looking out for No's 1 & 2. That's all that can be expected of you.

You seem very interested in the subject, so let me explain what silence = violence means.

If you witness racist behavior, or hear someone using racial epithets, threats or demeaning language, and you say nothing when given the opportunity, you are perpetrating racism.

It's just not cool. Don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 04:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Does anyone actually believe these "personal" stories about supposed long-term right or left voters suddenly switching sides based on obvious propaganda being overblown into a dumb movement? This is about as believable as the whole Walkaway thing. No Democrat/liberal speaks like this. They don't believe every single conservative trope, lie and stereotype about Democrats/liberals. This is not a post from a "Democrat" who is fed up with the left. Come on. At least learn to lie better.
I never do, there's usually at least one thing in there that gives them away. One big tactic of this whole board is gaslighting the left, and this is yet another example. I feel it's because the right realizes that they're losing the war and are resorting to scorched earth tactics at this point

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do you really believe polls like that, especially Pew which is known to be Leftist? You seem smarter than that.

Oh huge sample size huh? I'm sure they threw out the answers they didn't like too.

IF, and that is a BIG if, people do support BLM it is because they believe the lies from the MEDIA that it is a civil rights group. It is nothing but a Marxist, terrorist and extortion organization to funnel money to the Democrats. Period.
My claim was that polling showed Americans support BLM. I provided some of that polling because someone said I was lying. I didn't lie, that's what the polls show.

It's really easy to say a poll is fake instead of admitting maybe your view is not as mainstream as you think. Maybe, in fact, you are the extremist.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The BLM that lives in your imagination seems quite terrifying.
BLM/Antifa make up the hot new Red Scare for conservatives. Trump is their Joe McCarthy.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:25 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
My claim was that polling showed Americans support BLM. I provided some of that polling because someone said I was lying. I didn't lie, that's what the polls show.

It's really easy to say a poll is fake instead of admitting maybe your view is not as mainstream as you think. Maybe, in fact, you are the extremist.
Whatever. As long as you "feel" better about yourself. Pew is biased. I know the Pews personally. I grew up with them. Also polls are notoriously wrong or Hillary would be President right now.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:28 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The dem party and many of their supporters hate whites. Why do whites still vote democrat? They want whites gone.
Sadomasochism?

Old 07-16-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Whatever. As long as you "feel" better about yourself. Pew is biased. I know the Pews personally. I grew up with them. Also polls are notoriously wrong or Hillary would be President right now.
But 2016! is not going to save you, sorry.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:34 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
I provided like a dozen links, and you stopped after reading one of them for 10 seconds. I mean, next time don't demand something you're not going to bother with. It wastes both of our time.
Okay, fine, I looked at some more of your links. The Washington Post story laughably makes the claim that Trump said "without evidence" that there were left-wing groups causing trouble at a protest (yet more of that embarrassing editorializing once-reputable news outlets engage in these days.) They then go on to talk about these "Boogaloo Boys" and how they had plans to kill a park ranger or something. Nothing about violence at a protest. Some other stories mention how a few guys wearing Hawaiian shirts were seen at some protests. No real evidence about violence or looting or property damage or anything.

But anyway: let's hear some Democrat policy positions. Please.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:52 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Do you really believe polls like that, especially Pew which is known to be Leftist? You seem smarter than that.

Oh huge sample size huh? I'm sure they threw out the answers they didn't like too.

IF, and that is a BIG if, people do support BLM it is because they believe the lies from the MEDIA that it is a civil rights group. It is nothing but a Marxist, terrorist and extortion organization to funnel money to the Democrats. Period.
Plenty of fools believe the lies of BLM but people are waking up to their BS.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:55 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You seem very interested in the subject, so let me explain what silence = violence means.

If you witness racist behavior, or hear someone using racial epithets, threats or demeaning language, and you say nothing when given the opportunity, you are perpetrating racism.

It's just not cool. Don't do it.
Cry me a river. If silence equals violence snitches don’t get stitches or ditches. So preach that Hypocritical trash in black neighborhoods with high homicide rates. I don’t need to hear it.

Based on convicted hate crime rates blacks are also The most violent racists. USDOJ, FBISTATS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies