Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 12:55 PM

27 posts, read 7,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Right? It's just so painfully obvious what this is, and notice how many conservatives immediately fall for it. How difficult would it be to make a bunch of one-off posts like this declaring I used to be a loyal Republican until they all turned into raging racists and I had to #walkaway? People are so gullible.
The republican party isn't the one burning cities, setting up autonomous zones, preventing freedom of speech and calling to abolish the police and rule of law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I can easily see more moderate Liberals getting nervous as their own party abandons them and dives off the radical cliff. Sure why not? Nothing exists within a vacuum as they say. As the poster pointed out, there are a plethora of things that bring concern. I applaud the poster for having the ability to think in a critical and in depth manner and not fall victim to rampant sheep mentality. Just because their view doesn't align with yours doesn't make it "unbelievable."
Thank you.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Uh...Opie, the call to cancel Paw Patrol was satire. I just thought I'd mention that.
Kind hard to tell these days.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Funny how you think keeping the status quo will change the bold. The chaos and destruction is happening on Trump's watch. We need a leader. Period.
I don't see many democrat leaders in the cities were the chaos and destruction is happening stepping up and leading either. They seem to be ignoring or apologizing for it. It's THEIR job before it's the job of the federal gov't

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Funny how you think keeping the status quo will change the bold. The chaos and destruction is happening on Trump's watch. We need a leader. Period.
People are talking about the chaos and destruction happening in Democrat-run cities. Which their officials largely let happen.

What did you want Donald Trump to do about that, exactly? Send in the troops?

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
"So in the left's view. If I stay home, pay my taxes, follow the law, act like a responsible citizen and decline to participate in BLM protests or activism, I am more evil and contemptible than someone who is out burning cities, tearing down public statues and assaulting or killing people!"

they truly are loopier than a south-bound sparrow with an inner ear infection.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Yeah, it's just silly. Obvious Republican (or troll farm participant) is obvious.
Refute just one of the points I raised in the OP. Dems are not doing the things I mentioned? These things are OK with you?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:03 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,074,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
A person has gotta get out of a victim mindset and research, and critically think.

Otherwise the sheep and victim mindset will keep you sort of closed off and in a box.

Trump has his issues, but the Democrats and the left hate him and are desperately trying to get rid of him because he is draining the political swamp, and uncovering corruption.

Biden is unfortunately a vote for weakness and corruption, and I think he will step us back into government bureaucracy.
Except it's been shown that Trump has largely made the "swamp" significantly worse, by hiring mostly unqualified people in positions of government solely because they are his friends, family, business associates or people who kiss his butt. Lobbyists and other special interests now have more power than in any other modern presidency. He and his administration have regularly attacked the checks and balances put into place by the Founders to ensure a balance of power between the government branches, and in many instances, those checks have been damaged or wiped out entirely. We hardly go a month without a new constitutional crisis. And you don't have to take my word for it. It's been well-documented and studied.
All you seem to have is projection here. You refuse to acknowledge that the nation is not in a good position socially, culturally or economically, so you need to project some dystopian future regarding Biden. It's incredibly dishonest on so many levels.

If Clinton had won and had governed like Trump has, I would've hated her and wanted her out just as much. If you cared about America, you could never support Donald Trump. It's really that simple. America is hurting right now. It's people are in dire need of better leadership at the top. Biden is not perfect, but my god, he'll be better.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Trump Ad:
"This is Biden's America"

*shows riots that happened under Trump
...In Democrat run cities

Old 07-16-2020, 01:06 PM

21,950 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I actually voted for Obama in 2008.

Done walked off the plantation for good!
Same. I was what I like to be call a 'drive by politics' follower. I would see the MSM and think I knew what was going on. I realize now how I knew so little. I started paying close attention after voting for Obama in 2008 and the longer it goes and the more radical the left becomes the more conservative I become. I realize what total liars they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies