Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 12:45 PM

27 posts, read 7,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
To every sad person that left Dem bc of reasons... You left the Dems to join the party that overwhelmingly still supported serial pedophile Roy Moore.

That's just pathetic AND depraved. If you think Dems approve of rioting, at least it's rioting for a reason. What's your excuse for voting for a pedophile?
Just because one leaves the dems does not automatically mean they join the repubs
And seriously? "Rioting for a reason"?!! You are gonna defend that?
You DO realize that more people have died DURING riots against police brutality than have been wrongfully killed by police in many years now. Did they die for a reason too?

Was the looting that took place for "reasons" too? Flat screen TVs for racial justice, I guess?
How about the black owned businesses burned to the ground or neigborboods without drugstores of grocery stores in close proximity because they were destroyed and likely not going to rebuild, restock and return. Was that for "resaons"?

It's amazing the pretzel shapes people will bend themselves into to defend the indefensible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I sometimes wonder if Trumpers have been out of their homes or turned on their TVs the last 6 months if they believe that Biden is going to be a source of chaos and destruction. How can things possibly get worse?
I sometimes think we are living in different realities and our two realities cross on this site. I don't understand how these supporters don't see that they are living in Trump's America. I guess ads like the one mentioned below is taken without reflection of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Trump Ad:
"This is Biden's America"

*shows riots that happened under Trump
Pretty hilarious, or would be if the supporters actually got it.

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
You gotta do some research. There's tons more going on in the world that we are told, and you gotta be curious enough to discover truth for yourself, and not be of a sort of sheep mindset.

Trump is the better choice, despite his shortcomings and divisive communication style.

Biden is unfortunately gonna be bullied and controlled by anyone who has some power and money.

I am an independent. I voted Democrat my entire life, and am voting Trump this year.
You're no more believable as an independent/Democrat than the OP is.

Trump represents not a single Democratic policy position. Not one. Beyond that, the results of his presidency speak for themselves. Nothing has been solved, nothing has gotten better. There is mass chaos, a raging pandemic more deadly than anything that's been seen in a century, the worst unemployment in more than 80 years. Education standards are down. America is less competitive globally, it's trade deals are jokes. Our allies hate us and our enemies are laughing at us. We are sicker and poorer than we have been in generations. Immigration isn't fixed. Air and water pollution levels are rising. Workers and consumers are less protected. Corporations can do whatever they want. You'd have to be drugged out of your mind to want more of this regardless of politics. It's horrible out there, and you have the nerve to point fingers at everyone but the one responsible.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:46 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
Don't vote for either political party, as neither of them have your interests at heart.

Both parties are in the end controlled by nefarious groups and interests.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:48 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So what in the original posting demonstrates that this person is uninformed and misled?
For one, he's still trying to defend Hydroxychlorquine which has been proven to do jack...

Old 07-16-2020, 12:49 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
So much rambling...
What did the person write that's false?

Old 07-16-2020, 12:49 PM

27 posts, read 7,713 times
Quote:
Does anyone actually believe these "personal" stories about supposed long-term right or left voters suddenly switching sides based on obvious propaganda being overblown into a dumb movement? This is about as believable as the whole Walkaway thing. No Democrat/liberal speaks like this. They don't believe every single conservative trope, lie and stereotype about Democrats/liberals. This is not a post from a "Democrat" who is fed up with the left. Come on. At least learn to lie better.
Which one of the statements have I made about democrats is a lie?

Old 07-16-2020, 12:53 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
You're no more believable as an independent/Democrat than the OP is.

Trump represents not a single Democratic policy position. Not one. Beyond that, the results of his presidency speak for themselves. Nothing has been solved, nothing has gotten better. There is mass chaos, a raging pandemic more deadly than anything that's been seen in a century, the worst unemployment in more than 80 years. Education standards are down. America is less competitive globally, it's trade deals are jokes. Our allies hate us and our enemies are laughing at us. We are sicker and poorer than we have been in generations. Immigration isn't fixed. Air and water pollution levels are rising. Workers and consumers are less protected. Corporations can do whatever they want. You'd have to be drugged out of your mind to want more of this regardless of politics. It's horrible out there, and you have the nerve to point fingers at everyone but the one responsible.
A person has gotta get out of a victim mindset and research, and critically think.

Otherwise the sheep and victim mindset will keep you sort of closed off and in a box.

Trump has his issues, but the Democrats and the left hate him and are desperately trying to get rid of him because he is draining the political swamp, and uncovering corruption.

Biden is unfortunately a vote for weakness and corruption, and I think he will step us back into government bureaucracy.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:53 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
So Frederick Douglas, the Virgin Mary, Catholic Priests and Abe Lincoln are "slave owners and murderers?"
Do you not read the thread and just post the same thing mindlessly? As the OP said, the left has lost its mind.
I haven't seen Frederick Douglas being under threat. As for religious statues...well... Do we really have to get into how Christians in America terrorized the native populations and basically committed cultural- and in some cases very real- genocide against them? Look up the horror of "Indian Schools". It seems like the movement is targeting any icon representative of a negative past. As for Lincoln, I have only seen one statue that people wanted moved or taken down- the one with the slave at his feet.

You don't have to agree with all this. Even the protesters themselves don't always agree on this. Sometimes, in a movement, people go too far on some things. That happens in literally every movement. Look up the French Revolution. If you want all this to stop, be part of the solution. Listen to them, try to empathize and see it from their perspective and just what the real goals are. So long as they feel like they have no voice, this stuff is going to continue- and frankly, it probably should. Black people and other minorities deserve a voice. They deserve to be treated fairly in all ways. They deserve to not have the wrongs of history thrown in their face.

Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
For one, he's still trying to defend Hydroxychlorquine which has been proven to do jack...
I'll admit that I became beyond sick of that whole controversy months ago, so I'm not up on the latest. But when I did follow it, it seemed to be an ultra-partisan political squabble, not so much a scientific one, just as this person depicted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies