Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 01:40 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
While wearing helmets, and riot gear that can stop bullets? Not much. The correct response would have been to send a small team into the crowd to grab the guy who threw the rock. But apparently thats too much like hard work, and its easier to just trample on all the other people theres right to protest.

If it was more of the crowd involved my opinion would be different.
It doesn't matter what protective gear a LEO or agent is wearing, throwing a rock at that person is a crime and an act of violence. And I would tell you it's the wrong tactic to send a small team of anybody into a crowd of hostiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 01:43 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm still here. I suppose a good example is the Argentine Dirty War. In Central America they are called Death Squads. We're not there yet, but it's a slippery slope. How long until the Feds feel justified in committing torture on fellow Americans?
If someone with no authority to arrest you can grab you off the street and throw you into a van, who knows what the next step will be? What's to stop them from torturing or killing you? Were the protesters read their rights? Were they arraigned on any charges? Were they allowed to call a lawyer?

Old 07-18-2020, 01:44 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Just curious about these people that seem to have all the time in the world to protest, loot and riot. Don't they have lives to live ? Families to enjoy, hobbies to enjoy ? Careers , homes to take care of ? Many look to be in their 20's. I know when i was in my 20's i had a house to pay for, a boat, race car, ATV's and a snowmobile to tinker with, and a career i had to excel in to pay for it all. Weekends were about boating, drinking and looking to meet up with women.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:45 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
It doesn't matter what protective gear a LEO or agent is wearing, it is a crime and an act of violence. And I would tell you it's the wrong tactic to send a small team of anybody into a crowd of hostiles.
Does not justify going after people not involved.

Also how can these people be limp wristed parent’s basement types(especially with basements so rare here) that immediately run away from a real fight but also a lethal threat of hostiles to a tactical team?

Old 07-18-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just curious about these people that seem to have all the time in the world to protest, loot and riot. Don't they have lives to live ? Families to enjoy, hobbies to enjoy ? Careers , homes to take care of ? Many look to be in their 20's. I know when i was in my 20's i had a house to pay for, a boat, race car, ATV's and a snowmobile to tinker with, and a career i had to excel in to pay for it all. Weekends were about boating, drinking and looking to meet up with women.
Also important ... Are they being paid to be there?

Old 07-18-2020, 01:50 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
They are shocked that a government agency is going to enforce the law, it's an alien concept to them

Old 07-18-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Also important ... Are they being paid to be there?
Good question, and if so, why ? And by whom ?

Old 07-18-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Your definition of terrorist is so watered down and vague that it is essentially worthless. Graffiti is not terrorism.
Does this look like the gear a peaceful protester should be carrying ? Come on, this is so much more than just graffiti.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...outputType=amp

Old 07-18-2020, 02:00 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Where are all the cosplaytriots that allege a deep state is implementing authoritarian rule by recommending people wear masks during a pandemic? Here we have the federal government being explicitly asked by the state and city to leave an area not under their jurisdiction and the feds just said no. States’ rights and constitution supporters indeed.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Does not justify going after people not involved.

Also how can these people be limp wristed parent’s basement types(especially with basements so rare here) that immediately run away from a real fight but also a lethal threat of hostiles to a tactical team?
Throw a rock and get your a-- beat. Your man-bun is irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies