Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 10:59 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

My one son works in a HUGE store in SFL. Id say bigger than most Walmart's- they only were doing mail orders and now opened the store,,, employees are calling in sick -testing positive- and they want it closed! I don't know how its spreads, as beach-goers, big public pools gathering etc.are getting sick as well. Chlorine or saltwater, sun and fresh air are NOT preventing the spread of this virus. Once school open in the fall... put your papers in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 11:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My one son works in a HUGE store in SFL. Id say bigger than most Walmart's- they only were doing mail orders and now opened the store,,, employees are calling in sick -testing positive- and they want it closed! I don't know how its spreads, as beach-goers, big public pools gathering etc.are getting sick as well. Chlorine or saltwater, sun and fresh air are NOT preventing the spread of this virus. Once school open in the fall... put your papers in order.
My son works in retail and they have more employees sick with COVID now then they did in April. But our area is a hot spot.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:00 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Somehow, I am guessing you aren’t elderly or immunocomprised or suffering from an underlying condition. Easy to say this when you don’t have skin in the game.
But he could be superman,,, and throwing the kryptonite on his neighbors or other people.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The frightened will come up with experts and reasons that everything spreads the virus, and the solution is to comply with directions from tyrannical leaders - wear masks, stay at home, close your businesses, it’s ok to riot, kill Whitey, demand more govt aid, teach your children to be afraid, conservatives are Satan, etc.

Open up and let the cards fall will they may. If you’re frightened, stay home. If you’re not frightened, go back to living. I’ve had enough.
Yeah we tried that here in Charleston SC....restaurants/bars/resorts are opening and closing. it's not working out so well for us.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:08 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
COVID is so insanely dangerous, so dangerous that you have to be tested for it to even know if you have it.
Hospitalizations are back at the March level. Attitudes like yours helped a lot. Nice job.

https://covidtracking.com/data/chart...y-hospitalized

Old 07-19-2020, 11:08 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Mitigation is the goal. Always was.

No one every pretended or claimed to eliminate the virus -- just mitigate the spread. THe concern from the onset was if action was not taken to slow the spread, the spread would be so quick that it would bring health care systems to the breaking point.
True... and mitigation took place back in March. We did put plans in place for medical facilities to have alternatives, for increased medical facilities for covid. That plan is now in affect and being utilized with increased covid activity... hence the reason ICU conversions/additions are taking place.

"No one ever pretended"... well that is also true, but people do believe in absolutism and will castigate and seek to blame everyone and everything for any increase in cases and death. Chicken little syndrome. We will have covid affecting our lives through 2025 with some degree of negativity.

How we live and function with Malaria right now, is how we will live with covid until a vaccine is available. Then by all reasonable and likely predictions, 45-50% of people will CHOOSE to vaccinate.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:10 AM

The other thing to remember is that across the USA we are seeing different experiences. Some communities have very little risk of spread right now, no impact on their health care resources. There is no reason they should be under the same policies as areas where hospitals are being built in parking lots, morgue trucks are being sent in from other states, etc.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:16 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hospitalizations are back at the March level. Attitudes like yours helped a lot. Nice job.

Let them go higher, we never had it bad March.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:18 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How we live and function with Malaria right now, is how we will live with covid until a vaccine is available. Then by all reasonable and likely predictions, 45-50% of people will CHOOSE to vaccinate.
You say it like a vaccine will eventually be available. I'm sure the big corporations will make a vaccine available next year, and I'm sure it won't work well. I almost certainly won't be taking it right away.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:20 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Did the protestors, arsonists, statue removers, and looters get this memo?

Nice job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies