Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 11:42 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB108 View Post
keep it to healthy people under 60 and the death rate is like 0.000001%

why is our whole life changed and things are shut down and people's livelihoods is sacrificed to something that's barely more than a common cold?

Is this just a government test worldwide to see how much they can terrify and control us?
Do you have a link for people under 60 being 0.000001%. I haven't been able to find anything on that. And where did you see Covid's real death rate being .2-.5%. I'd like to see that link as well.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:44 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is pretty simple... there have been many scientific studies rather than MSM hysteria that put the infection rate at 80 times what we know.

Using the established death rate, which is probably puffed up anyway, we come out to well less than 1%.
Lol. By "many scientific studies" do you mean that joke of a study in Santa Clara county. That's the only one that showed x 80. No proper accounting for false positives (which could explain all of the positive hits), severely biased recruiting (actually worse than that), etc. We currently have 4.28 mil confirmed infections. Multiply this by 80, and you get 342 milion. So we are done then? Lol.

Anyway, only kindergarten math is needed to understand how completely ridiculous 0.000001%. Multiply it by 200 million, let me know what you get.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:46 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. By "many scientific studies" do you mean that joke of a study in Santa Clara county. That's the only one that showed x 80. No proper accounting for false positives (which could explain all of the positive hits), severely biased recruiting (actually worse than that), etc. We currently have 4.28 mil confirmed infections. Multiply this by 80, and you get 342 milion. So we are done then? Lol.
There have been MANY more than one. But they are all ignored by the MSM.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:50 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
There have been MANY more than one. But they are all ignored by the MSM.
No other produced x 80. At least nothing peer reviewed. If you have citation, please share.

And let me ask again: did 342 million people in this country (328 mil.) already catch the virus?

Old 07-25-2020, 11:59 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
why is our whole life changed and things are shut down and people's livelihoods is sacrificed to something that's barely more than a common cold?

Is this just a government test worldwide to see how much they can terrify and control us?
Quote:
I'm baffled by this

common sense would tell you something that's only harmful to people with health problems over 70s, then these restrictions and recommendations would only apply to those people with health problems over 70s

why are healthy 20 and 30 year olds not allowed to go to balllgames? You have a much better chance of dying from a car crash to the ballgame than you do of dying from covid
I'm baffled, too. How did you ever find your keyboard and then find your way this forum?

You're baffled. eh? Well, genius, it is called math. And, yes, 350 million deaths is a big deal. Too bad about the baseball games. (God knows, that is an unbearable hardship.) Add to those many deaths the lingering and debilitating effects of countless millions of "recovered" virus victims. Add to that the fact tht you can apparently spread it when you only think you are healthy. Add to that the apparent high levels of contagion that causes the virus to spread on indoor air currents. Add to that the residual mental and dementia problems that are mostly effecting virus victims of younger ages. Add to that that there is no vaccine and maybe no lasting immunity. Add to that the fact that things will get worse once the hospitals cannot handle the load. Add all that up as see how dumb your posts and conspiracy theories are. Good luck with that.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:01 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
All of this is systematically swiping away at Trump's accomplishments as president and what good he has brought and what he might do should he win 2020.

its all to defeat him in the election.

this is how i will know im right - when things die down after November election.

Also the cold weather will put a stop to the mobs.

if they were really serious about stopping covid, the Democrat mayors and governors would NOT HAVE ALLOWED the protestors. They made the excuse that they were fighting for the end of racism. But this was clearly not true, as the rioting, looting, arsons, etc clearly did nothing for civil rights.

You see them making excuses, this is a lame coverup for their real agenda which i outlined above.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
1-2% my ******* ass

there are tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of people with mild symptoms or no symptoms who never tested. The real number is going to end up being between 0.1 to 0.5%, probably around 0.26%

and again, take out overweight unhealthy people over 60, the number dips to like 0.000001%...so why can't I do any of the things I love again?
The data we have now is so noisy I don’t trust anything they are saying. I know people who did NOT get tested and they received letters saying their were positive. On the other side of the coin, we have hospitals claiming every death to be cv19 related. They get paid for every case they have. The data is so messed up we just don’t know what the true incident and/or death rate is. It’s pathetic how the so called experts in the medical community have handled this.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:14 PM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
There is zero factual (as opposed to hysterics made up by the MSM) that there is ANY permanent damage from this.
Kind of a meaningless statement really. There's zero evidence that everybody fully recovers. That's why I said "may". It's going to take decades to know for certain, but thus far it's at least clear that people can come out of this debilitated.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:23 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
So so full of it.. you cannot travel to another country and even some states...

I should never have had to have a financial safety net. NEVER. We should never have been economically harmed.
Whether the united states borders are open or closed, you couldn't travel to another country. Why? Because they don't want our crap and our inability to deal control the virus into their country. Canada closed their borders to us... no the other way around. What does that tell yah?

No one is stopping your from traveling with in the states.... constitutionally they can't close their borders.

Financial safety net is YOUR responsibility.... its your fault for expecting the country/government to take care of YOU. Every investor knows that the economy swings... it is basic knowledge and the basis for mitigation of risky investments with safer ones. Again.. the fact you said this tells me that you are not truthful about being in stocks... so full of it. As I said, for the most part stocks are doing well... to well.. considering the situation on the ground. If you lost on the stocks you invested during these times, its your fault.

The generations that actually lived through WWII and WWI are laughing at us... they had real rationing of necessities and real impact to daily life. We are only asked to wear a mask and social distance....

so much for rugged individualism

As far as I can tell.. most of what you complain about is overblown and purely your fault.

Last edited by usayit; 07-25-2020 at 12:34 PM..

Old 07-25-2020, 12:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
keep it to healthy people under 60 and the death rate is like 0.000001%

145 000 dead Americans is a lot no matter how you spin it.

We lost 3000 in 9/11, and we started to large wars because of it.

We have lost more than twice as many Americans to Covid in a few months than we did in 10 years in Vietnam war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies