Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 09:03 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,739,249 times

Advertisements

If the masks are so important then make the N95 mask available to everyone and do it the right way. They have had plenty of time to produce these.
Guess they aren't that important.

Old 07-28-2020, 02:21 AM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times
I submit that the people who advocate the hardest for wearing a mask know they are grossly UNattractive when they look into the mirror. So they want this mask wearing charade to be extended for as long as possible.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:43 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times

Old 07-28-2020, 08:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Seriously, what is going on in the brain of someone that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose. They might as well take the freaking mask off.

Officials and the Media need to place more emphasis on wearing masks the proper way.
They can't park between the yellow lines, disregard meat in the toy aisle, and take dumps in the dressing rooms.

And then you're surprised when they can't wear a mask correctly?

Old 07-28-2020, 09:21 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,969 times
A cousin of mine asked me a question that I can't answer maybe someone here can. I asked him why he was wearing his mask below his nose and he told me that he thought the purpose of the mask was to prevent droplets that might have the virus from spreading out to other people. I told him yes. He then said, that every thing he's read references these droplets being spread by people talking to each other. He then said, he doesn't talk through his nose and unless he sneezes on someone, he's not spreading droplets (and if he has to sneeze he pulls up his mask).

Pulling his mask over his nose, he says, fogs his glasses and no defogger suggested works. He said he was tired of not being able to see where he's going. He hates wearing the mask, but he does it, he just slips his nose out when he needs to see and he doesn't see the harm in it.

I have to confess, what he said makes sense to me. If the purpose it to block droplets, not the virus itself, you don't need to always have your nose covered.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:29 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They can't park between the yellow lines, disregard meat in the toy aisle, and take dumps in the dressing rooms.

And then you're surprised when they can't wear a mask correctly?
What about the people that poop in the toy aisle and get their meat from the dressing rooms?

Last edited by Ultor; 07-28-2020 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-28-2020, 09:34 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Seriously, what is going on in the brain of someone that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose. They might as well take the freaking mask off.

Officials and the Media need to place more emphasis on wearing masks the proper way.
Why would they bother, they are too busy supporting these "mostly peaceful protests" and pretending they are not responsible for spreading the virus.

BTW, scarfs and homemade masks do not filter out the virus. Especially if you don't wear them.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:39 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
A cousin of mine asked me a question that I can't answer maybe someone here can. I asked him why he was wearing his mask below his nose and he told me that he thought the purpose of the mask was to prevent droplets that might have the virus from spreading out to other people. I told him yes. He then said, that every thing he's read references these droplets being spread by people talking to each other. He then said, he doesn't talk through his nose and unless he sneezes on someone, he's not spreading droplets (and if he has to sneeze he pulls up his mask).

Pulling his mask over his nose, he says, fogs his glasses and no defogger suggested works. He said he was tired of not being able to see where he's going. He hates wearing the mask, but he does it, he just slips his nose out when he needs to see and he doesn't see the harm in it.

I have to confess, what he said makes sense to me. If the purpose it to block droplets, not the virus itself, you don't need to always have your nose covered.

From Mayo clinic:

Surgical masks

Also called a medical mask, a surgical mask is a loose-fitting disposable mask that protects the wearer's nose and mouth from contact with droplets, splashes and sprays that may contain germs. A surgical mask also filters out large particles in the air. Surgical masks may protect others by reducing exposure to the saliva and respiratory secretions of the mask wearer.

At this time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any type of surgical mask specifically for protection against the coronavirus

Those homemade masks are even less effective than a surgical mask. and yet we are being told by the likes of Dr Fauci that wearing these ineffective masks will work to stop the spread of the virus.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:47 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Well the mandate in many states is that you have to wear a mask. They did not specify how.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:54 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:

They dont care. They are wearing a mask because its mandated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies