Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 06:47 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
A cousin of mine asked me a question that I can't answer maybe someone here can. I asked him why he was wearing his mask below his nose and he told me that he thought the purpose of the mask was to prevent droplets that might have the virus from spreading out to other people. I told him yes. He then said, that every thing he's read references these droplets being spread by people talking to each other. He then said, he doesn't talk through his nose and unless he sneezes on someone, he's not spreading droplets (and if he has to sneeze he pulls up his mask).

Pulling his mask over his nose, he says, fogs his glasses and no defogger suggested works. He said he was tired of not being able to see where he's going. He hates wearing the mask, but he does it, he just slips his nose out when he needs to see and he doesn't see the harm in it.

I have to confess, what he said makes sense to me. If the purpose it to block droplets, not the virus itself, you don't need to always have your nose covered.
So he ins't talking out of his nose, so he doesn't cover it.
How bout all the people who are talking out their ass?
Should they wear one on their ass?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:48 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Yep. If you wear a mask when you're alone in your car, riding a bicycle or walking in the woods away from people, you're officially a 'tard.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:49 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Statistically, half of any large population is below average.

The bottom half of that bottom half is WAY below average.

Yep. Where do you think BLM and Pantifa come from?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:53 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
i usually pull it down over my chin as soon as i get in the store and no one is around....its really just for show
Yeah, pretty much the same thing here. I wear it to make other people feel good about themselves and to not draw controversy to myself.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. If you wear a mask when you're alone in your car, riding a bicycle or walking in the woods away from people, you're officially a 'tard.
If you're running errands and need to hop in and out of your vehicle it's just easier to remain masked-up the entire time.

I don't know of any jurisdiction that has made masks mandatory during outdoor exercise. Could be wrong.

Prior to Covid-19 I could be jogging/running in a desolate canyon here in southern California only to suddenly turn a corner and run into someone. Like 3-4 feet of them. It's rare but it happens.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Yeah, pretty much the same thing here. I wear it to make other people feel good about themselves and to not draw controversy to myself.
You pull your mask off after you've gotten through the door of a store?

Old 07-28-2020, 07:20 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,533 times
Is mask wearing the new "climate change"?

Repeat after me.... The Science Is Decided

Pay no attention to the maskless elites, just as you ignored their giant carbon footprints.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:27 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
How about the guy I saw the other day standing at the crosswalk waiting for the light to change? Looked about 80 years old and had on all his doomsday props (rubber gloves, sunglasses mask & plastic face shield). When he goes to press the walk button on the pole, he uses the bottom part of his un-tucked shirt between the button on the pole and his gloved hand.

So, whatever he was trying to avoid touching with his gloved hand, is now on his un-tucked shirt bottom, which he'll just wear into his home, lay on the couch wearing it, and probably crawl into bed wearing it too. LOL morons in masks!

I wish my mind wasn't thorough like that sometimes though. That's why I wonder if it's kinda pointless to wash your hands at a public bathroom.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. Where do you think BLM and Pantifa come from?
Wherever they come from and wherever they're going, they know enough to mask up.

Unlike these goobers.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:38 PM

1,768 posts, read 717,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Seriously, what is going on in the brain of someone that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose. They might as well take the freaking mask off.

Officials and the Media need to place more emphasis on wearing masks the proper way.
I'm on of these people.
Know how to wear it properly but don't cover my nose as I can't breath for crap when I do.
Already had it 2 months ago before many people were wearing mask around here. Not worried about catching it again. Did stay home and self isolate for 14 days when I had it and had my groceries delivered and never left house once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies