Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

I have seen people wearing the mask upside down, i.e. with the metal part under the chin and huge gaps around the nose

I think mask designers should improve masks. For instance, much of the unpleasant feeling comes from the used air accumulating inside the mask. It might be better to make a mask where there is a stiff horizontal part right UNDER your nose so that the air goes outside right away instead of accumulating between nose and mouth. In fact, mouth and nose should be completely separated in terms of air.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:16 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I submit that the people who advocate the hardest for wearing a mask know they are grossly UNattractive when they look into the mirror. So they want this mask wearing charade to be extended for as long as possible.
I would submit that people who advocate for wearing masks are more intelligent than people who don't wear masks.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:19 AM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would submit that people who advocate for wearing masks are more intelligent than people who don't wear masks.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:29 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Seriously, what is going on in the brain of someone that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose. They might as well take the freaking mask off.

Officials and the Media need to place more emphasis on wearing masks the proper way.

Went to Walmart the other day. Had my own mask. Know how to wear it properly and have my own, but have a difficult time breathing while wearing, so shopping is now a five minute (literally) adventure of pro-football-player-like dodging and weaving and getting the hell out of Dodge just as fast as I can.

As I walked in there was an employee sitting in the middle of the aisle (apparently last weeks' Shopping Cart Sanitizer is not this weeks Health Ambassador). She was sitting eager and ready to hand out masks to anyone who may not have had one. Someone she obviously knew was standing there talking to her. As I walked by I realized that the guy was absently fingering the masks as he was talking.

I know where MY hands have been. Can't say the same for Chatty Cathy and her little friend standing in the middle of the entrance at our local Walmart. This mask-thing is a joke.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default The Way You Wear Your Mask Might be an IQ Test

Quote:
Seriously, what is going on in the brain of someone that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose. They might as well take the freaking mask off.

Officials and the Media need to place more emphasis on wearing masks the proper way.
Statistically, half of any large population is below average.

The bottom half of that bottom half is WAY below average.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
I've been thinking about people who refuse to wear a mask, or if they wear one, purposely wear it wrong.

I wonder if they're the kind of people who don't flush after using a public toilet, don't return their grocery shopping cart to the cart corral, park taking up two parking spaces, don't pick up items in the store that they cause to fall on the floor, don't let someone know they just dropped their credit card, don't throw their trash away when leaving a fast food restaurant, and all the other things normal people do in society just to make it a little easier on everyone else, and not be a jerk.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:42 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Statistically, half of any large population is below average.

The bottom half of that bottom half is WAY below average.

Hey you said something mostly accurate for once.
There are those of us in the 2nd and 3rd standard deviations above average too, that makes us WAAY above even the "average" ones.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:27 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:

How about the guy I saw the other day standing at the crosswalk waiting for the light to change? Looked about 80 years old and had on all his doomsday props (rubber gloves, sunglasses mask & plastic face shield). When he goes to press the walk button on the pole, he uses the bottom part of his un-tucked shirt between the button on the pole and his gloved hand.

So, whatever he was trying to avoid touching with his gloved hand, is now on his un-tucked shirt bottom, which he'll just wear into his home, lay on the couch wearing it, and probably crawl into bed wearing it too. LOL morons in masks!

Old 07-28-2020, 06:36 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times
Quote:

Indeed
Wearing a mask because you were ordered to- Sheeple
Not wearing a mask because you were ordered to- free thinker.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RDqfKeMELg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies