Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 02:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wow. Excellent post. That about sums it all up. The sycophants don't care if the drug works or doesn't work they just want to keep him in power at all costs. If Dr Demon Sperm was Obama's little sister they would be having a field day with this woman. Maybe this admin can try VETTING people.

"There are three stages of truth. First is that it can't be true, and that's what they said. You couldn't immunize against polio with a killed-virus vaccine. Second phase: they say, Well, if it's true it's not very important. And the third stage is, Well, we've known it all along."

~ Jonas Salk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 04:58 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
First of all she claims she has provided the drug to 350 people (children?) and none died, no indication if they had the disease or not and she is pediatrician.

I put a sign on my lawn "no elephants allowed" and I have not seen one elephant so it works.

This is what science looks like:
Quote:
Today, University of Minnesota Medical School researchers published the results from the first randomized clinical trial testing hydroxychloroquine for the early treatment of mild COVID-19 among persons who are not hospitalized.

The trial results, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, determined that hydroxychloroquine did not decrease the severity of COVID-19 symptoms over 14 days any better than a placebo.
https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-eve...roquine-has-no

Old 07-30-2020, 05:34 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,325,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The BBC source was riddled with typos. Unless the FDA changes course, I dont buy HCQ as a treatment. Listen to the science.
Can you please provide a link to the "science" - studies that confirmed that HCQ is not efficient and dangerous, please?

It is extremely confusing- I can not find ANY serious and ethical studies about HCQ inefficacy..

You can't give to seriously ill people a toxic dose of chloroquine, (HCQ is much safer) and then say the drug killed the patients.

The doctors below are reputable: they say the key is to give it early and as preventative perhaps with Zinc

https://publichealth.yale.edu/news-article/26218/

https://noqreport.com/2020/07/30/dr-...xychloroquine/

Old 07-30-2020, 05:55 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Yeah...I know according to the left especially in the media all of sudden now those Black Africans are nothing more than “Witch doctorsâ€!
Only the ones who talk about alien DNA and devil-induced dreams that cause gynecological malfunctions.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Like this study?

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

No word yet on the religious inclinations of the researchers.

That study is encouraging, but retrospective studies have inherent issues.

Henry Ford is currently conducting a 3000 subject WHIP study that will measure HCQ's effectiveness as a prophylactic. I'm very anxiously awaiting those results.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Can you please provide a link to the "science" - studies that confirmed that HCQ is not efficient and dangerous, please?

It is extremely confusing- I can not find ANY serious and ethical studies about HCQ inefficacy..

You can't give to seriously ill people a toxic dose of chloroquine, (HCQ is much safer) and then say the drug killed the patients.

The doctors below are reputable: they say the key is to give it early and as preventative perhaps with Zinc

https://publichealth.yale.edu/news-article/26218/

https://noqreport.com/2020/07/30/dr-...xychloroquine/

Dr. Simone Gold is "reputable" based on.......? You know she's one of the "White Coat" crew that the President retweeted, right?

...Gold told the Associated Press that she started to speak out about the pandemic because there is "no scientific basis that the average American should be concerned" about COVID-19...
https://apnews.com/4ee1a3a8d631b454f645b2a8d9597de7

Old 07-30-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

"There are three stages of truth. First is that it can't be true, and that's what they said. You couldn't immunize against polio with a killed-virus vaccine. Second phase: they say, Well, if it's true it's not very important. And the third stage is, Well, we've known it all along."

~ Jonas Salk
Literally no one is saying those three things. You realize that, right?

NO ONE is saying HCQ can't work. NO ONE is saying if it works it's "not very important". It hasn't been proven, yet, so NO ONE can say "We've known it all along".

Other than that, super relevant quote. Well done.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:39 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
after reading this thread it looks like people who want Trump to lose and Biden to win - don't want anyone to take H. because it might actually help save lives and get the economy back on track faster.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
after reading this thread it looks like people who want Trump to lose and Biden to win - don't want anyone to take H. because it might actually help save lives and get the economy back on track faster.
Not me. I absolutely want Trump to be voted out in Nov and I absolutely want HCQ to prove effective.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:59 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If it were not safe, the President would not have been cleared to take it himself. I am sure the Trump haters will chime in and say he doesn't care and will do what he wants, but unfortunately people that's not how the Presidency works. He has medics, he has security, etc. If his security team says he needs to go to the bunker, he has no choice; if they say take hydroxychloroquine or not to take it, he has no choice. His team directs him to do what is best and just because it is not approved, does it mean that it is not effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies