Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 09:58 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,001,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can appreciate that you’re one of the few posters to actually address the issue at hand. Although, the OP didn’t help by immediately dragging politics into it. I will co sign with another poster on here and agree that it was dumb and irresponsible of the president to retweet this video. That certainly didn’t help with the issue of the video being taken down.

The doctor that I cited also cited other studies that have highlighted the efficacy of HCQ as treatment in addition to Dr. Zelenko’s. Dr. Zelenko is controversial, but nothing has been said about the effectiveness of his methods when treating this, what was brought up was unrelated stuff.

I don’t think it is clear cut either way, I just think that it is worth being studied further as a treatment, not cure. Just because I wish to hear the doctors on this one topic and I’m skeptical about the suppression of information, doesn’t mean I co sign with them on their other beliefs.

I just appreciate bring nuance and independent, critical thought to the topics here.
Dude. That is WHAT we have the FDA for! And the selection of drugs for the most part isn't political.

Here is what happend. Our uninformed President for some reason (greed or just that dumb) latched onto what he thought was going to be a wonder drug cure. Why not it's cheap, it has been available for years. It might even show some ability against other related things.

Here is the thing at the moment we are testing not one but multiple drugs to see if they show any improvement in the real world and it is not unusual for a drug that might have shown an effect in the lab or in theory not to work in reality.

So far most data seems to show that it does not work. The FDA has withdrawn it's emergency use authorization and main stream science/medicine has moved on. Pushing a drug that does not work and could do harm is wasteful of time and resources. There may be more effective cures out there but wasting time and resources on bad one does more harm than good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 09:58 AM

291 posts, read 109,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They have such unhinged hatred of the bad orange man. That they rather see their fellow citizens die.

Just Sick!

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53568290

Now it’s operation destroy Dr. Stella Immanuel reputation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine
yes i agree, the mainstream media is trying to influence us to be liberal and all hate the good ol president, the mainstream media is clearly the work of the devil

Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
If "the man with big brass balls" refers to Trump, he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his butt. The man lies consistently, obviously, and shamelessly.
I feel your Hate.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
NO, they just want Trump gone........by any means necessary.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:14 AM

2,904 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Could be. It looks rather busch league to post a serious article like that and to be linked.

So she is the reason demon sperm was trending? What a joke. And yet Trump thought this true. This is the reason our response to Covid-19 is so bad, we are listening to pseudo science and not real scientists and doctors.
BBC News Pidgin is an online news service in West African Pidgin English that was launched by BBC World Service in 2017. The news service is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Pidgin is one of the most widely spoken languages in West Africa but it does not have a standard written form.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:16 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
It's hard for me to believe that conservatives looking for anything possible to shore up their belief in Trump will take the word of one fringe doctor that believes in demons over repeated scientific evidence by the majority of the medical community. It reeks of desperation.
This has nothing to do with Trump. The desperation is on the left.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:19 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel T. View Post
Oh so nuanced to be debating the efficacy of HCQ! For political purposes no doubt! LOL

best wishes from Canada.
I don’t like the president and I don’t like big pharma. I don’t like suppression of information either. What do you think my politics are? Since you seem to be so sure about my politics. Care to add anything about the topic at hand?

Old 07-29-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Dude. That is WHAT we have the FDA for! And the selection of drugs for the most part isn't political.

Here is what happend. Our uninformed President for some reason (greed or just that dumb) latched onto what he thought was going to be a wonder drug cure. Why not it's cheap, it has been available for years. It might even show some ability against other related things.

Here is the thing at the moment we are testing not one but multiple drugs to see if they show any improvement in the real world and it is not unusual for a drug that might have shown an effect in the lab or in theory not to work in reality.

So far most data seems to show that it does not work. The FDA has withdrawn it's emergency use authorization and main stream science/medicine has moved on. Pushing a drug that does not work and could do harm is wasteful of time and resources. There may be more effective cures out there but wasting time and resources on bad one does more harm than good.
I addressed the effectiveness of the drug working in EARLY stages of the virus prior to hospitalization, to inhibit the build up of the virus.

I have a concern with mass communications power being concentrated in so few hands and being held to their whim of which information is deemed worthy of being censored.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:27 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Why bring politics into it? If it works, it works. We should be looking into the information given. I have far left friends who believe that suppression of information by big pharma is a tool of white supremacy, so this crosses party lines. You know, the people who believe in Dr. Sebi’s information that he put out there. I don’t go that deep into it, but to act like only Trump fans are skeptical of big pharma suppressing information is misguided.

Go ahead and regurgitate the stuff that other people in high places told you to believe. I will continue to say that we should analyze and look at all information critically, and decide whether it is valid or not. Not dismiss it because I don’t agree with the source or because it goes against the narrative I’ve been told.

This skepticism of big pharma and the suppression of information should be something that unites people across political aisles.
Let's not pretend the entire thread, starting with the OP, was not political.

As usual nobody seems to want to answer my question. Are all the other world health experts in on this giant conspiracy to get Trump?

Old 07-29-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Let's not pretend the entire thread, starting with the OP, was not political.

As usual nobody seems to want to answer my question. Are all the other world health experts in on this giant conspiracy to get Trump?
I will let someone else answer that because idgaf about trump. I do care about the suppression of information and mass communication streams being concentrated in few hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies