Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 05:55 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
NIH found that there was typically no harm associated with administering HCQ during their trial. They decided to stop the trial, because they found no benefit on hospitalized patients. What I got from this, is administering HCQ, is a good measure to avoid hospitalization and the escalation of the virus.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...oxychloroquine
Right. Using something that doesn’t work isn’t a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 05:59 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Right. Using something that doesn’t work isn’t a good idea.
You said endangering the patients. Did you read what I posted? It didn't work on hospitalized patients with elevated symptoms of the virus. Administering HCQ is about catching the virus in it's early stages and avoiding hospitalizations. Keep moving those goal posts.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:02 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Wtf are you talking about? Who says they are the center of the universe? Who is saying that? I want to hear people speak, especially if it is about information that can help doctors and people. Why the rush to take it down? Why not bring countering arguments to the topic at hand, instead of trying to attack the doctor’s character?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm not on the right but I think it's wrong that actual doctors are being censored for pushing HCQ If it has saved some people, then that should be an option on the table. It shouldn't be discredited completely because of two studies while doctors all over the world have said it works.

The media is pushing that there is no cure for this virus besides the big phama multi-billion dollar vaccine.

Your response: "I concur"

Literally millions of professionals from scientists to doctors are fighting this thing and the bulk of them telling you Hydroxychloroquine does not work. Some of those people have even died from it, yet here you are willing to believe it's all a "sham" by YOUR media to conspire with YOUR big pharma while the rest of the world is just going along for the ride because ....
Because why, for god's sake?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
It's hard for me to believe that conservatives looking for anything possible to shore up their belief in Trump will take the word of one fringe doctor that believes in demons over repeated scientific evidence by the majority of the medical community. It reeks of desperation.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Most of that article has nothing to do with her medical credibility. That's the point.

She believes in aliens or whatever and published it on some site. That's completely irrelevant to the HCQ study.
You think that a medical doctor who believes that endometriosis and cysts are caused by demon sperm is a reputable scientific source?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Quote:
I'm not on the right but I think it's wrong that actual doctors are being censored for pushing HCQ If it has saved some people, then that should be an option on the table. It shouldn't be discredited completely because of two studies while doctors all over the world have said it works.

The media is pushing that there is no cure for this virus besides the big phama multi-billion dollar vaccine.

Your response: "I concur"

Literally millions of professionals from scientists to doctors are fighting this thing and the bulk of them telling you Hydroxychloroquine does not work. Some of those people have even died from it, yet here you are willing to believe it's all a "sham" by YOUR media to conspire with YOUR big pharma while the rest of the world is just going along for the ride because ....
Because why, for god's sake?
It's funny. You answered none of my questions that were in that post. You do realize that some of the most important medical breakthroughs didn't have wide consensus among the medical community? Once again, I ask why take down the message and censor it? Why did every poster here and the article that they cite attack the one doctor's character instead of attacking the points at hand? I like how they singled out that one doctor and never brought up the other ones who were in agreement with her.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:19 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Sooo if its all the lefts fault....I have to ask. How did they convince other countries not to use it, sacrificing thousands of their citizens, and massive amounts of GDP by not using it?
They could not have...because its nonsense.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:27 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
You said endangering the patients. Did you read what I posted? It didn't work on hospitalized patients with elevated symptoms of the virus. Administering HCQ is about catching the virus in it's early stages and avoiding hospitalizations. Keep moving those goal posts.
Right. Using something that doesn’t work is endangering patients.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:46 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Facebook is a Liberal cesspool and they remove anything that tells the truth about their pathetic Democratic party.
Have you said anybody should be executed today? Talk about a cesspool, every post you make is wallowing in it.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are all missing the big picture: This Kenyan doctor is on video claiming that Hydroxychloroquine is a CURE.

It is not. It's never been touted as one. It's a TREATMENT.

That is why the video is removed and why this doctor should have lost all credibility--with everyone.

Who are these "America's Frontline Doctors" who organized their own press conference yesterday? They claim to be part of the Tea Party Movement.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/in...covid-19-cure/
That's fair. I'm annoyed that the OP brought politics into it. If I put up the post, I would've questioned the reasoning the video was taken down and the countering arguments behind it. I didn't watch the entire video, so I didn't see her claim it to be an all out cure.

I am wondering if it is more fruitful to attack the points being made by the doctor, rather than censoring the video to the corners of the internet and writing a critical piece that doesn't actually address the topic at hand. I admit that I overlooked this part of the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies