Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 07:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I would explain to the anti-science crowd not only that hydroxychloroquine can greatly help people with COVID-19, but I can explain why it helps them....but what would be the point? They aren't making intelligent arguments, they are just parroting DNC propaganda.

Suffice it to say that I know for a fact that the drug is still being widely prescribed by doctors all over the place and it is still saving people's lives. Unfortunately the anti-science crowd won't care.
I'm 100% pro-science. You can explain it to me.

There's also a large randomized, double-blind study going on right now at the Henry Ford hospitals in the metro Detroit area, BTW.

https://www.henryford.com/whip-covid-19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
I will be so happy when he loses and I won't have to read this nonsense for another 4 years.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The "sex with demons and witches" causing gynecological issues isn't a red flag enough about her credibility in the medical field? OK ...

Does anyone here know the difference between non-fiction and fiction? Just askin' ...

Trump made it about politics.

I don't even agree with the doctor with HCQ, she could be right, she could be wrong.

But attacking random crap she says outside of her field is completely irrelevant. That's nothing but a lame smear job. That Daily Beast article didn't even really go into detail about HCQ and spent more time into the personal crap she's into. Besides, that "demon seed" BS is the same mess they teach at Catholic churches lol and the priest saying it is usually peddling with little kids. Yet yall still line up to go to church every week.

When you speak up in something in your profession and the masses disagree with it, let me go into your Facebook, MySpace and internet history and see the weird crap you looked at and said out in Ohio throughout your life.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I don't even agree with the doctor with HCQ, she could be right, she could be wrong.

But attacking random crap she says outside of her field is completely irrelevant. That's nothing but a lame smear job. That Daily Beast article didn't even really go into detail about HCQ and spent more time into the personal crap she's into. Besides, that "demon seed" BS is the same mess they teach at Catholic churches lol and the priest saying it is usually peddling with little kids. Yet yall still line up to go to church every week.

When you speak up in something in your profession and the masses disagree with it, let me go into your Facebook, MySpace and internet history and see the weird crap you looked at and said out in Ohio throughout your life.
Dude. She's blaming medical conditions on supernatural events.

How does that NOT speak to her medical credibility?

Further, she's a pediatrician - how does that make her an expert in virology, immunology or communicable diseases?

Old 07-29-2020, 07:26 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The BBC source was riddled with typos. Unless the FDA changes course, I dont buy HCQ as a treatment. Listen to the science.
You mean listen to "the science of the Left". If Trump or someone on his team said it, it must be wrong? We can google right now and find real doctors and real researchers who say it IS WORKING. The arrogance the left shows knows no bounds. Do you not realize, you could be costing lives? STOP politicizing it. It may be helpful and it may not be, but don't throw it in the trash just because Trump said it. And you are the ones who say conservatives are dividing the nation. Take a look in the mirror!

Old 07-29-2020, 07:26 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Dude. She's blaming medical conditions on supernatural events.

How does that NOT speak to her medical credibility?

Further, she's a pediatrician - how does that make her an expert in virology, immunology or communicable diseases?
Again, that has ZERO to do with her studies and findings in HCQ.

Pay attention, you're clearly not.

"HERP DERP SHE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING UNRELATED TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC AT HAND, LET'S BLEND THE TWO TOGETHER AND GENERALIZE. "

This isn't even me defending the lady because she probably is a fraud and a quack, but cmon.

This is just as stupid as the people who said "Trump told us to inject ourselves with bleach" when the guy didn't say anything about bleach at all.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:27 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
A cure is an intervention that removes the underlying cause of the disease. HC does not do anything to the coronavirus.

A treatment reduces the symptoms. HC minimizes the respiratory symptoms while the virus runs its course.

These are actual medical terms, with definitions... not semantics. A physician like the good Kenyan doctor knows the difference. It was on her undergrad premed exam.
In theory hydroxychloriquine stops the virus from infecting new cells.
Quote:
Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquie can impair the replication of several viruses by interacting with the endosome-mediated viral entry or the late stages of replication of enveloped viruses
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7128816/

When the virus is gone the patient is cured. You can look up all the definitions of cure that you want.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/cure

cure

[kūr] 1. the course of treatment of any disease, or of a special case.
2. the successful treatment of a disease or wound.
3. a system of treating diseases.
4. a medicine effective in treating a disease.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
cure

(kyūr), 1. To heal; to make well.
2. A restoration to health.
3. A special method or course of treatment.
See: dental curing. [L. curo, to care for]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
cure

(kyo͝or)n.1. Restoration of health; recovery from disease.
2. A method or course of treatment used to restore health.
3. An agent, such as a drug, that restores health; a remedy.

v.1. To restore a person to health.
2. To effect a recovery from a disease or disorder.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:34 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm 100% pro-science. You can explain it to me.
Fair enough, we'll see.

The reason hydroxychloroquine works, when it works, is that COVID-19 in some people causes their immune system to freak out and overreact to the disease....in many cases it's that overreaction that kills patients. One of the things hydroxychloroquine does is suppress the immune system. When you hear stories about people taking the drug while feeling like they were "on the brink of death" and making a fairly quick recovery, this is the reason for it.

It's not a "cure", and nothing it does actually effectively fights the virus itself, though it can slow the spread due to other properties of the drug, but what it can do is stop your body from killing itself which will allow you to make a recovery.

Now again, dexamethasone is more popular right now, but talking about hydroxychloroquine use for COVID-19 as if it is on par with "demon sperm" or "alien DNA" is for morons whose only intent is to parrot DNC talking points.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:36 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The Trump fan is one unique specie. If really was the wonder drug why aren't other countries utilizing it? Are you really claiming the health care professional in Pakistan are hiding the truth and allowing more citizens to get sick and die just to get back at our President? This is nothing short of amazing.
Why bring politics into it? If it works, it works. We should be looking into the information given. I have far left friends who believe that suppression of information by big pharma is a tool of white supremacy, so this crosses party lines. You know, the people who believe in Dr. Sebi’s information that he put out there. I don’t go that deep into it, but to act like only Trump fans are skeptical of big pharma suppressing information is misguided.

Go ahead and regurgitate the stuff that other people in high places told you to believe. I will continue to say that we should analyze and look at all information critically, and decide whether it is valid or not. Not dismiss it because I don’t agree with the source or because it goes against the narrative I’ve been told.

This skepticism of big pharma and the suppression of information should be something that unites people across political aisles.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:41 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
I have been working as an RN for 30 years the last 15 in critical care and ER.

It works in some cases. If you get sick seek treatment right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies