Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 10:34 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,000,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I addressed the effectiveness of the drug working in EARLY stages of the virus prior to hospitalization, to inhibit the build up of the virus.

I have a concern with mass communications power being concentrated in so few hands and being held to their whim of which information is deemed worthy of being censored.
Wither a drug is effective or not isn't within the power of mass communications to censor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 10:35 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Let's not pretend the entire thread, starting with the OP, was not political.

As usual nobody seems to want to answer my question. Are all the other world health experts in on this giant conspiracy to get Trump?
Its more than that, if we have a cure when applied early, why dont you come up with a plan to massively test everyone and get people on that drug. Do a pilot test, shouldn't that be part of the federal response, I mean you are saying the president of the united states knows of a cure but became of the bad mean media he cant apply it. Its ridiculous, tell the HHS to do a test, at the very least you handles into medicaid and you have resources to implement this.
We are saying if Trump forced say the Wyoming governor to run a pilot program in her state, and everyone is being cured the other governor would still deny the results. The issue is that we dont have verifiable reproducible data.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:42 AM

16,281 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I will let someone else answer that because idgaf about trump. I do care about the suppression of information and mass communication streams being concentrated in few hands.
This isn't about politics. It's simple common sense. If this drug was really effective we'd heard about it from other countries. But we're not so the whole premise here is nonsense

Old 07-29-2020, 10:46 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
I honestly believe there are a lot of idiots in this thread who hate/ignore science. The amount of ignorance and lack of understanding of science on display here is truly shocking. No wonder the US continues to go down the tubes towards third world status.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:22 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think I'll take the findings of the Health and Human Services department, who found averse heart health reactions with HCQ over people who are shouting "everyone's just tryna hurt Trump and they're all lying and killing people just to tryan hurt Trump".

Interesting, this connection with heart health problems, and the thread on this forum that notes most COVID patients who recover have heart damage.

I believe it. And it seems that this drug appears to make the damaging affects of COVID on the human heart worse.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugs...0_Redacted.pdf
yea not a study.

1. a retrospective that included Cholorquine along with HCQ. Cholorquine is dangerous and should only be given in a hospital setting.

2. the retrospective includes a number of cases where dosage was far above recommended. there is no separation.

3. the retrospective does not delineate between late stage disease and early stage disease.

in short its junk and doesn't look at the narrow focus the drug should be used in.

HCQ has shown to be very effective in preventing replication of COVID-19 RNA in human cells when administered during EARLY stage disease.

HCQ has been on the market since 1955. It is well understood and well documented. The current craziness around this drug isn't about how dangerous it is (it isn't) it isn't about what it does when interacting with the body. (it isn't)

BUT it does cost about $0.50 to treat a person verses $1000's for the new drug Remdesivir..... oh and OrangeManBad said something good about it....

Old 07-29-2020, 11:29 AM

186 posts, read 67,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They have such unhinged hatred of the bad orange man. That they rather see their fellow citizens die.

Just Sick!

Now it’s operation destroy Dr. Stella Immanuel reputation.
^^^OP would have you believe that it is rational America who is trying to destroy the country as opposed to the unhinged POTUS. I would argue that it is promoters of dangerous beliefs and conspiracy hocus-pocus that are just plain SICK!

The witch doctor testifies to the power of hydroxychloroquine to cure covid-19 and assures the public that masks are not important to fighting the pandemic. More than 10 million Americans heard her advice, thanks to another moronic tweet storm of the president’s, before Facebook took down her page.

In response, Stella Immanuel threatened to have Jesus unplug Facebook’s servers.

She also insists:
*alien DNA is a component of some therapeutic drugs and that government scientists are developing a vaccine to prevent religious faith.
* “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives” Incubus and Succubus once walked the Earth in physical form. After they drowned in Noah’s flood they carried on only in spiritual form. They visit humans in sexy dreams that really aren't dreams and are responsible for diseases of the female reproductive system, for male impotence, most financial troubles, marital discord and spiritual illness.

You can find these and other teachings of hers on YouTube or her strip-mall church's website (Fire Power Ministries)

The President of the United States should not, especially in the midst of a deadly pandemic, pass along medical advice that undermines public health officials. Hey you dupes and dopes, Trump says — here’s a video from a woman who believes in demon dream sex and my malaria drug in which my cronies and I invested heavily and have stockpiled for you at a special "groupie price". (You know, the one that has no proven effectiveness on COVID19 but will cause serious side effects) Don't forget Chuck Woolery also agrees with me and wait, wait, wait: the foremost expert on infectious disease, who graduated first in his Cornell Medical school class, has fake approval ratings

The only things SICK here are an unbalanced stupid con-man and his ignorant fools who push, promote and Trumpsplain every idiotic thing that rolls off his forked tongue or is banged out by his slimy claws. One doesn't need to speak in a foreign tongue to understand Trump's core message. As always it is: "I don’t care if you live or die, as long as I get re-elected."

The question that should be asked in the OP is: Why does Donald J. Trump want to see more Americans die?

Last edited by Fun Guy; 07-29-2020 at 12:02 PM..

Old 07-29-2020, 11:34 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I feel your Hate.
That's not hate; it's disgust.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:35 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They have such unhinged hatred of the bad orange man. That they rather see their fellow citizens die.

Just Sick!

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53568290

Now it’s operation destroy Dr. Stella Immanuel reputation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine
"Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens."

Trump wants us to take medical advice from this person. Who is the evil one?

Old 07-29-2020, 11:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Only the USA is saying hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. Studies out of EU, China, and other places shows it has effect. The USA is pushing its own, more expensive, treatment which is Remdeshivir made by Gilead. No other countries are really using it because it's results have proven to be mixed at best. Even with the best possible spin, it just shortens duration of illness by 4 days in the USA.
It has an effect but it also increases liklihood of heart issues which Covid-19 also causes. As i asked my father who have arthritis, would you take an arthritis medicine that spikes arthritis symptoms?

Old 07-29-2020, 11:47 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
The GOP simply refuses to accept science. They are the proud anti-science and anti-intellectual party.

They don’t accept the science of climate change.

They don’t accept the science of evolution (which includes geology, genetics, etc).

It’s not really surprising they don’t accept the science on HCQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies