Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 04:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
It's well-past the George Floyd Murder. Do you have a more recent poll?
Do YOU? you're using outdated polls to try to prove a point.

I suppose you'd dismiss a newer poll conducted by someone else that might dare show that the rioters are losing support.

Everyone is a SJW until it actually affects them. Much easier to virtue signal until then, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 05:49 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Let's see how many still support it when the 'peaceful protesters' come to their neighborhood to riot.
Well, if they are going to riot, let them riot in left-wing sheisa-hole cities and tear them down

Old 07-31-2020, 06:10 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
"Do you support the right to peaceably assemble and protest without breaking laws?"

I don't think that's what they asked, but it's a great question IMO.

I believe Black lives matter, and in fact had an epiphany about saying that instead of holding to "all lives matter" as a response. The Black community feels pain, and I feel that pain "with" them.

I do not believe in #Black Lives Matter though.

Lengthy discussions have been reasonably had, and many unreasonable ones. The poll was conducted June 23 - Jul 6, by which time the "immediate anger" had disappeared, almost everyone agreed his death was wrong, an overwhelming willingness to review police practices to improve them, etc.

By July 1, the promoted conversation was "Defund the Police" and "#ACAB".

Pose the question that way. "Do you support Defunding or Abolishing the Police or believe that All Cops are Bad?"
My son is black. Of course I feel his life matters. My daughters are Asian. Their lives matter to me just as much.

I believe in the right to assembly and protest. I don't believe that the protestors have a right to interfere with anyone else's life. Unfortunately far to many of the Raacist BLM protests are just excuses to loot, vandalize, and commit acts of violence upon others.

The Black community feels so much pain that they are perfectly willing to ignore the facts. They are slaughtering each other and the occasional wrongful death by cop is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

I am 100% against police brutality and I feel that all cop related deaths or injuries need to be investigated. I want body cams and dash cams on at all times. Honest cops have nothing to fear. I would even be for an entirely separate agency to investigate complaints by civilians about cops. I am 100% against cops investigating their own. That is an obvious conflict of interest.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Racial justice and equality are two ideas that the American people see as separate from, protest, BLM, or any other radical means to bring attention to it. IMO we have been here before. John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry didn't change people's mind about the abolition of slavery. Probably very few Abolitionist agreed with him, and his action's had no affect on their desire to abolish slavery.

It is futile for the far right to try to associate BLM and ANTIFA to the rightness of racial equality. Fundamentally what people are rioting for is a matter constitutionality and Christian values. Blowing up abortion clinics and murdering doctors never changed peoples mind who were ant-abortion. Once again liberals are on the right side of history.
I know what slavery was and why it was right to abolish it. But nobody seems to have a clear idea of what racial justice and equality entails. All I see is an attempt to blame whites for pretty much every problem blacks face, trumped up grievances based on misinformation and misunderstanding

Can you define racial justice and equality? I take it you don't agree with BLM's list of demands? So what conditions need to be met? What has to happen for there to be sufficient racial justice and equality?

Old 07-31-2020, 08:50 PM

8,506 posts, read 4,750,085 times
The protesters are great. They are part of what the first amendment was written to protect and promote.

The rioters are another matter entirely. I don’t think a lot of them are the protesters - probably a bunch of opportunistic rabble discontented with their own lives and with little allegiance to BLM or any other cause other than themselves. At least we know who the a-holes are. I do rather wish these people would be arrested and prosecuted. What they’re doing is not okay.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:56 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Didnt ask me or any of the dozens upon dozens of people I know. So it means nothing that some people like the rioting

Old 07-31-2020, 09:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The protesters are great. They are part of what the first amendment was written to protect and promote.
Then you must think they are protesting for a great cause. What is it, exactly? What do the protestors want? How will we know when they have it? How will it benefit America and the world?

Old 08-01-2020, 05:21 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Racial justice and equality are two ideas that the American people see as separate from, protest, BLM, or any other radical means to bring attention to it. IMO we have been here before. John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry didn't change people's mind about the abolition of slavery. Probably very few Abolitionist agreed with him, and his action's had no affect on their desire to abolish slavery.

It is futile for the far right to try to associate BLM and ANTIFA to the rightness of racial equality. Fundamentally what people are rioting for is a matter constitutionality and Christian values. Blowing up abortion clinics and murdering doctors never changed peoples mind who were ant-abortion. Once again liberals are on the right side of history.
"what people are rioting for is a matter constitutionality and Christian values."

What exactly in the Constitution?

"and Christian values." I'd bet the VAST majority of those looting, rioting, destroying property and KILLING their fellow man are NOT Christians at all.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:26 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Two thirds of all Americans support the racial justice protests held across the country this spring and summer, according to a recently released Gallup poll. Gallup is commonly considered the "gold standard" of polling. In investigating further, a majority of all sub-groups, including those designated by race and age, support the protests, as well as a majority of Democrats and independents. The only sub-group that does not support the protests are, unsurprisingly, Republicans.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316106/...-protests.aspx
Who cares.
1/2 of all Americans can barely run their own lives, and yes I borrowed this Seinfeld episode for that line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyTbYEpjQU

Old 08-01-2020, 05:42 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
My son is black. Of course I feel his life matters. My daughters are Asian. Their lives matter to me just as much.

I believe in the right to assembly and protest. I don't believe that the protestors have a right to interfere with anyone else's life. Unfortunately far to many of the Raacist BLM protests are just excuses to loot, vandalize, and commit acts of violence upon others.

The Black community feels so much pain that they are perfectly willing to ignore the facts. They are slaughtering each other and the occasional wrongful death by cop is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

I am 100% against police brutality and I feel that all cop related deaths or injuries need to be investigated. I want body cams and dash cams on at all times. Honest cops have nothing to fear. I would even be for an entirely separate agency to investigate complaints by civilians about cops. I am 100% against cops investigating their own. That is an obvious conflict of interest.
"The Black community feels so much pain", with all due respect I say B.S. If they "cared" as much as you claim THEY would be doing something, ANYTHING to help. BUT, they don't do a damned thing THEMSELVES but blame whitey!

What has the " Black community" done for the "black community"?

I will say the VAST majority of blacks who do NOT live in these gov't project areas are doing quite well compared to 1964 and before then.

The "news" does NOT report on the weekly killed in places like Chicago, Balt, etc.

MOST of these crimes and MURDERS are black on black in these inner city and urban areas. Where are the protests to stop THAT?

Floyd had along rap sheet and was know to get violent. His death should NOT have happened. MORE WHITES have been killed by the SAME procedure, so the "protests" are bunch of B.S.

The cop was IMMEDIATELY ARRESTED AND CHARGES FILED AGAINST HIM. What MORE do you want?

More young blacks are stopped by the police, both white AND BLACK cops, because they COMMIT MOST OF THE CRIMES IN THESE AREAS. Should the cops go OUT OF THE AREA and stop white boys to make the stats look better?

When was the last time you saw one of the prominent "black leaders" go into these areas where the crime is, girls in high school getting pregnant and dropping out of school, boys dropping out of school and turn to a life of crime?

In Balt. this year not a SINGLE graduate could pass the math proficiency test from the 6 schools in the poor black areas school districts.

Jesse Jackson, who is now a very rich man, LIVES in Chicago. When was the last time you saw HIM down in the problem areas.

Obama was "community organizer". What were HIS accomplishments?

BLACK teachers, BLACK school administrators, BLACK, city councilmen, in many area BLACK Chief's of Police and BLACK mayors, BLACK representatives in both state and federal Congress's.

Where are all the " Black community" leaders trying to help? What are the actually DOING?

YOU are part of the " Black community". what have YOU done?

STOP blaming whitey and making excuses for the " Black communities" problems.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-01-2020 at 06:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies