Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 05:47 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I know what slavery was and why it was right to abolish it. But nobody seems to have a clear idea of what racial justice and equality entails. All I see is an attempt to blame whites for pretty much every problem blacks face, trumped up grievances based on misinformation and misunderstanding

Can you define racial justice and equality? I take it you don't agree with BLM's list of demands? So what conditions need to be met? What has to happen for there to be sufficient racial justice and equality?
I keep asking for EXACT examples of "systemic racism" in today's world from our left friends and crickets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 05:50 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I keep asking for EXACT examples of "systemic racism" in today's world from our left friends and crickets!
It is a Media/Democrat created lie, that's why there are no examples. Created to be a scary sound bite. The Left are disgusting liars and propagandists.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:04 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My city has had dozens of protests, including two weeks of daily protests that brought out 500-1000 people, with the big events bringing out several more thousand. We're having another tonight.

No riots. No violence. Many people were coming out for their first protest ever.

Every town and city in my area had their own array of protests. My hometown in Georgia had its largest protest ever. The last time such a large group of people came out was when white supremacists marched on my town in 1987. Even Oprah showed up to cover it.

Turn off Fox News.

The questions asked in the survey mentioned protests only.

If Gallup want to cut and run with that, it's their poll and they can do as they like.

A more probing and meaningful poll would have asked questions about attacks on police, looting and destruction of property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8j3h7fuYsY

Old 08-01-2020, 09:42 AM

8,509 posts, read 4,752,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Then you must think they are protesting for a great cause. What is it, exactly? What do the protestors want? How will we know when they have it? How will it benefit America and the world?
No, you can’t quite straight up infer that. I generally support protesters decoupled from their beliefs, because I get mighty proud just seeing the rights being used and applied as intended. Whether or not I am thrilled about what they are protesting is a completely separate, and almost unrelated question in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies