Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:34 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I think this sounds pretty fair after seeing the video. Wow, we have all been had by the lying piece of crap media. Liberals, I dare you to defend your media now! Thierry plus’s people died from the riots because of this including POC (not that that matters but just pointing out). The highly edited version of events we were fed early on told a completely different story. Shame shame shame. Media should be held financially accountable!
No we haven't all been had. Anyone with critical thinking skills already knew it went down something like this, like always. This story has been out for some time you just had to go to the source and read the police report. Later, a full transcript of this video was available. Everyone knows not to trust the snippets in the biased and lying mainstream news media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 10:41 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
2nd degree unintentional manslaughter for Chauvin, acquittal for the other 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Not sure I agree that charge is severe enough for Chauvin, the other I agree with.
People seem to forget that Chauvin followed the procedures in place for restraining a person. A knee on the neck is legal in Minneapolis... this is virtually the only place it is legal. That's why I don't think this is an accident that this event took place where it did.

The 2nd degree charge adds recklessness to the crime. But he was following the law in place.

Chauvin is not getting convicted.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:47 AM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
George Floyd was high as a kite that day and the toxicology tests prove it. George Floyd said he “wasn’t a bad guy” which is a lie because good guys don’t resist arrest.

This man was 6’6”, resisted arrest, and the cops just completely flipped out and kneed on his neck to get him under control. What the cop did was wrong, but George Floyd was no angel. They asked him 100 different times to comply, he didn’t.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:49 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So even before he was put on the ground Floyd was saying how he was having problems breathing. Well, this explains why the police did not put him in the squad car. This was one of my complaints, why did they keep him on the ground, and not put him in the car as they should have. Floyd begged them to let him lay on the ground rather than be placed in the car.

If the police were cruel, uncaring and unsympathetic, they would have simply closed the car doors and left him inside.

It's conflicting, after showing compassion and not forcing him in the car, that the cop knelt on his neck, which seems unnecessarily uncomfortable.

That is the point. He was complaining about breathing, about being claustrophobic, and who can blame him. He was a big guy being stuffed into the back of a small SUV that is made even smaller by the special seat and the partition between the front and back.

I think the cops were being kind to him. It was their job to secure him until they could get to the bottom of the crime and get him ready for transport. The more street seasoned cop that had a bit of a chip on his shoulder came along and quickly ran out of patience with Floyd's antics and knelt on his neck. The 8 minutes until he was dead was sadistic.

This case reminds me of what happened at the Wendy's. The cops were called, they were being as nice as possible to the suspect and he was complying until it all went south and he tried to fight them to get away which led to his death.

We should not be defunding the Police but funding programs to teach common sense to people that would be at a higher risk of having a run in with the Police. YOU DO NOT RESIST ARREST. YOU DO NOT GIVE THE COPS A REASON TO UP THEIR USE OF FORCE. COPS ARE NOT OUT TO KILL YOU.

It seems like common sense but alas common sense is lacking these days.

Old 08-04-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is the point. He was complaining about breathing, about being claustrophobic, and who can blame him. He was a big guy being stuffed into the back of a small SUV that is made even smaller by the special seat and the partition between the front and back.
This was not Floyd’s first time in the back of a police car nor being arrested.

You can forgive Floyd for thinking the clerk wasn’t going to call the police for fake money, but not for thinking you can resist your way out of an arrest. Why? Because he’s spent decades behind bars.

If “I can’t breath, I’m claustrophobic” got suspects out of an arrest, everyone would say it. He didn’t seem to be claustrophobic in his own SUV before the arrest.

Can I rob you then claim I’m too claustrophobic to get arrested? No.

Last edited by Rocko20; 08-04-2020 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-04-2020, 11:00 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
Black Lives Matter!
Black Lives Matter!

Boys can become girls!
Boys can become girls!

Old 08-04-2020, 11:01 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’ll leave this here no context no spin no media bias none of my opinion. You watch the video and draw your own conclusions.

https://youtu.be/YPSwqp5fdIw

Shame he was so high on drugs and also a shame he is such a huge man. Being that big didn't help matters as he was a real handful. Sort of a perfect storm. I wish he would have sat in the back of the cop SUV. They even offered to keep the windows down and stay with him. He was on a very bad trip for sure.

I am not sure what to say about all of this. In hindsight he could have been saved probably, but going back and doing a do over isn't real life. He needed to be controlled. I feel bad for the cops and Floyd both and also all the friends and family of all involved. Sad for everyone really.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
2 months of rioting and now we find out the guy probably died of a drug overdose.
(sigh)
He also had COVID, weird how liberals refuse to count this as another COVID death. It certainly suits their agenda.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:05 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
2 months of rioting and now we find out the guy probably died of a drug overdose.
(sigh)
Actually, the county coroner said that a couple of weeks after his death.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:05 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
(sigh)
It really is closing the barn door after the cow escapes, isn’t it? Just think of all the damage the leftists were able to cause, with the help of enabling Democrat mayors, over a false story - false on more than one level. The bigger lie is that police are targeting unarmed blacks to kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies