Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 09:26 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

The VP debate may be the only debate that happens, if Joe Biden fails to show up for any debates against President Trump, as many expect.

If that happens, that will put Kamala Harris even more squarely in the spotlight as the actual president in waiting, should Biden win in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 09:27 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Les all get real: a VP debate is not going to swing any voters one way or the other. Maybe I should say, very few voters.
This.

If people think this election is about anything but Trump, they are fooling themselves.

Old 08-12-2020, 09:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Les all get real: a VP debate is not going to swing any voters one way or the other. Maybe I should say, very few voters.
Very true. I don't even think the Presidential debates sway people. Most voters pretty much watch them already biased and certain of who they're voting for.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:07 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Says the man who gave us John McCain and his running mate, I can see Alaska from here.

Consider the source commenting on intellect.
Schmidt has been admitting that was the blackest spot in his life ever since.

Palin's choice really says nothing about his intelligence or political savvy, though. It speaks to his mistaken judgement.

Who knows if Schmidt would make the same mistake again?

To me, it's like touching an electric fence. Once you touch it, you won't do it again, even if the power is off in the fence. Big object lessons are like that.

Long before the 2008 election was over, Schmidt knew he killed his career as a professional campaign advisor when he chose Sarah Palin. But now that he has nothing to lose or gain, is he still prone to making impulsive mistakes?
I guess the outcome of the election will answer that question.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:18 AM

26,586 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway111 View Post
.... I don't think it's a good idea to suggest that Harris will wipe the floor with Pence. She's a good debater, but Pence should not be underestimated.

agreed.

but... unless there is some good sound-bite moment ( " i knew jack kennedy. you sir are no jack kennedy " ) i think the VP debates will be forgotten by the next day's lunch.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:30 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway111 View Post
.......She's a good debater......
Let's back the truck up for a moment, Kamala is a good debater? Did some of you people even watch the Dem Debates? Tulsi dipped Kamala's head into the bucket and mopped the floor with her. Kamala's response was basically nothing. She quickly realized she was up against somebody with brains.

All it took was Kamala's blatant hypocrisy being exposed, and she was done.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:36 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
Let's back the truck up for a moment, Kamala is a good debater? Did some of you people even watch the Dem Debates? Tulsi dipped Kamala's head into the bucket and mopped the floor with her. Kamala's response was basically nothing. She quickly realized she was up against somebody with brains.

I think they mean that Harris is good at changing the inflection of her voice and race baiting.

She's VERY good at that.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:38 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:

She was such a good debater that she dropped out of the primary contest before the first vote was ever cast. The only thing happening up unil that time was the debates. After Democrat primary voters got a good look at her in the debates, her poll numbers in her home state of California fell off down to single digits. Not only was she not going to win the primary contest in California, it looked likely that she would not even make the top 3.

Senator Harris (D-CA) failed in the debates and that in spectacular fashion. She also failed in her effort to organize and run her campaign.

She does look like she might be fun at parties, however.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:38 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:

Tulsi Gabbard is at the top level of debaters. She's in a class by herself.

Part of what makes a good debater is being animated and sounded passionate about what you're saying. When you compare Pence's low-key style with Harris, she does a better job in that regard. But her record is problematic and he's going to hammer her with it. So there are different things at play here.

I absolutely loved how she looked rattled while Gabbard looked like a calm, stone-cold terminator next to her.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:41 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I think they mean that Harris is good at changing the inflection of her voice and race baiting. She's VERY good at that.
Yes, now that I believe. In fact I'll wager that every time her past record or current positions are criticized in the upcoming debates, we'll see her pointing a finger and yelling "You're a Racist! You're a Racist!".

I expect that to be her reply for everything. She's already been giving us a preview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies