Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 07:19 AM

376 posts, read 103,027 times

Advertisements

Interesting, but as we are told, we need to listen to them.

CDC calls for LESS testing

ATLANTA (CBS46) -- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its Covid-19 testing guidelines. The agency no longer recommends testing for most people without symptoms, even if they've been in close contact with someone known to have the virus.

Last edited by Hamer & Manatee; 08-26-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 07:38 AM

376 posts, read 103,027 times
CDC calling foe LESS testing

Updated CDC guidelines now say people exposed to coronavirus may not need to be tested

Old 08-26-2020, 09:29 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
So we're back to, only counting people if they're symptomatic and test positive? Like we should have been doing all along so as not to skew the numbers???

Old 08-26-2020, 09:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Wait....what?!?!?!? I could have sworn we have been told over, and over, and over again that testing was the key to controlling the virus.

Has anyone explained the rationale behind the change? My guess is they want to keep the positivity rates up high, this keeping things shut down.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Wait....what?!?!?!? I could have sworn we have been told over, and over, and over again that testing was the key to controlling the virus.

Has anyone explained the rationale behind the change? My guess is they want to keep the positivity rates up high, this keeping things shut down.
Trump wanted the testing to slow down. I guess he finally bribed the CDC with a cut to get them to confirm it...

Old 08-26-2020, 09:44 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Keeping positivity rates high is a good thing for reopening. If testing is limited to people that are actually sick, then it will show that this really is no different, if not actually better than, normal flu. Seriously, no one has been able to explain why a high positivity rate is a bad thing. Prior to this, all it means is lots of people have it, and since people aren't dying in the streets, it's obviously not that bad. After this, it just means that the people that are sick, are actually sick.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:48 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
My guess is they have yes men at the CDC who do what the current president tells them to do.
Our country use to be a leader in virus control & now the rest of the world laughs at us. Our national leadership on this pandemic is a tragedy & has been since we were told it would just go away soon.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I wondered why they changed their minds, but could fine nothing on it, and the CDC isn't saying. Articles termed it "Quietly changed.........". The tests were not accurate enough to really be worth it anyway, some say 30% accurate, but the CDC refused to say how accurate testing might be. Some companies made some serious money off of them though. Testing in our county was handled by a "marketing manager", so........

Old 08-26-2020, 10:04 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
I wonder if this is politically motivated in some way. Not only does this go against their own advice, but it goes against the health advisories of almost every other country. Hmmm

Old 08-26-2020, 10:05 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So we're back to, only counting people if they're symptomatic and test positive? Like we should have been doing all along so as not to skew the numbers???
Trump has a new leader of the covid-19 counsel and I see he is paying off.

Wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies