Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 10:18 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan View Post
Promoting social justice is a great thing.

IMO anyone against that is a pinhead.
You are making excuses so you won't feel guilty as you watch the NBA. I'm very happy to see BB rating in the tank..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 10:26 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
We'll see how long this lasts, as team revenue drops.

BLM issues are fake, and a large swath of football fans see them as racially hostile, promotional of terrorism, and...fake.

Get Woke, Go Broke.
They lost all my money a few years ago, and considering I was a season ticket holder of many years, I spent more than most people.
But I have never looked back.

Heck, that was before all the current rubbish, so it just reinforces my view.
About the only thing I am curious about is how Brady will do with his new team. But I will not be watching. I will just read the stats in the paper or online, if I even remember to do so.

`

Old 09-10-2020, 10:29 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, like we' donate to the same Black Lives Mater group that looted and burned the stores down the street, or accosted innocent people in public demanding they pump their fist for Marxists, or else
Don't forget their chants "death to America".
They can take their Marxist fist and shove it where the sun does not shine.

They my think they want turmoil and unrest, but they might not like what happens to them if things really get out of hand.

`

Old 09-10-2020, 10:30 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I'm a die hard football fan and my team is looking like they will go far this season. You are correct, I will not be turning the TV off, but it will not be tuned to any channel showing sports programs.
I refuse to even give it a chance, since I know that they will have BLM painted in the end zones, social justice messages on helmets, kneeling for the anthem, and possibly playing the black nation anthem. Why would I subject myself to something that would certainly make my blood boil, when I can watch something less provoking.
As much as I enjoy sports at all levels, I would love to see all pro and college sports cancelled. Of course it won't happen, but you can be sure lack of fans watching will affect the bottom line.
The coach of the team I follow has had my respect long before he got that job, now I have lost all respect for him, he sold his soul to the devil to promote team unity by supporting a Marxist terrorist organization. Win at all cost and to heck with American values. Sports don't need me, let the lackeys watch.
I dont understand this mentality. If you dont like something then dont watch it. Why do you want it to be cancelled if other people enjoy it?

I dont like the show The Masked Singer so I dont watch it. I dont want the show to be cancelled, alot of people enjoy it. Its a child mentality.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:39 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You are making excuses so you won't feel guilty as you watch the NBA. I'm very happy to see BB rating in the tank..
I think you have reading comprehension problem so I will repeat what the op said

"so you won't feel guilty as you watch the NBA."

"I will not be turning the TV off, but it will not be tuned to any channel showing sports programs.'

The last I checked, the NBA IS a sports program. How does that crow taste?

Old 09-10-2020, 11:10 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you have reading comprehension problem so I will repeat what the op said

"so you won't feel guilty as you watch the NBA."

"I will not be turning the TV off, but it will not be tuned to any channel showing sports programs.'

The last I checked, the NBA IS a sports program. How does that crow taste?
Well, you're definitely Quick Enough, your being so speedy allowed you to become confused. You need to read it all again, you got it all mixed up.
I responded to a post #235 from poster "NBA Fan", who stated "Promoting Social Justice is a great thing".
I replied he is making excuses so HE won't feel guilt watching BB, not me.
YOu are mixing up two different posts. Me not watching any channel showing sports channels has nothing to do with me pointing out he is making excuses so as no to feel guilt while HE watched BB.
Being too Quick Enough sometimes doesn't allow a person to, oh lets just go with "I think you have reading comprehension problem." It's OK, I still love you.. In fact, you're invited over to Sunday dinner . I'm serving crow to all who have a reading comprehension problem.

The quick brown fox jumped over th... aw, never mind...

Old 09-10-2020, 11:29 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
We'll see how long this lasts, as team revenue drops.

BLM issues are fake, and a large swath of football fans see them as racially hostile, promotional of terrorism, and...fake.

Get Woke, Go Broke.
Agreed-

Most of the NFL fans are not liberal soy boys who would find the "woke" message appealing. Most of the people I know no longer watch the NFL (myself included) due to them taking a far left political stance.

After all, it is just entertainment and there is no reason to patronize and support entertainers who hate you.

This "woke" approach has already hurt professional sports revenues and will continue to do so going forward. The nation is sick of political lectures by idiots in the sports and entertainment industry. They have gone from entertaining to annoying.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times
Why appeal to people who don't sports in the first place makes no sense!!?

Old 09-10-2020, 01:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed-

Most of the NFL fans are not liberal soy boys who would find the "woke" message appealing. Most of the people I know no longer watch the NFL (myself included) due to them taking a far left political stance.

After all, it is just entertainment and there is no reason to patronize and support entertainers who hate you.

This "woke" approach has already hurt professional sports revenues and will continue to do so going forward. The nation is sick of political lectures by idiots in the sports and entertainment industry. They have gone from entertaining to annoying.
I don't think you really know who all the NFL fans are, and the players are not doing it to suite their fans. They are doing it to raise awareness to an issue they few as problematic.

The NFL fan base.
https://learcenter.org/nflpolitics/

Old 09-10-2020, 01:23 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ill-not-relent

NFL to feature social justice messages on end zones in every stadium as Goodell says league will 'not relent'
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager | September 02, 2020 09:54 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doubled down on the league's support for Black Lives Matter activism, including featuring social justice messages on end zones.

“The NFL stands with the black community, the players, clubs, and fans,” Goodell said Tuesday. “We will not relent in our work.”

“Confronting recent systemic racism with tangible and productive steps is absolutely essential ... We will redouble our efforts to be catalysts for the urgent and sustainable change that our society and communities so desperately need," he continued.

I wonder if Roger Goodell will address the systemic racism of black players that think Hews control the world

Not holding my breath on that one
What is this "NFL" of which you speak?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies