Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 04:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How stupid. Do you watch the games for entertainment or for what they wear. If you are a fan then you wouldn't care.
Maybe some of us don't want our dollars going to support a terrorist Marxist group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 05:39 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How stupid. Do you watch the games for entertainment or for what they wear. If you are a fan then you wouldn't care.
It's not stupid to choose to not support those who glorify a woman abuser and rapist. That's my personal choice. You're perfectly free to endorse women abusers and rapists if you wish, of course. Goes to show the quality of your character.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:42 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Don't waste time complaining to the NFL. Go complain at the advertisers. Tell them you will no longer buy THEIR PRODUCTS if they support the communist NFL.
Bite them in the wallet.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:48 AM

380 posts, read 126,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Perhaps, but even with rule changes, we see QB's going down more then ever. Today's players as big and fast as they are, playing under rules from the old days would damn near kill someone.
Yeah, it's untrue when people say "These guys today are soft!" They're tough as ever, they just can't do what the guys in the '50s, '60s and so on could do.

Football players were tough guys in the 1930s and they're tough today. Same with hockey players.

And there were always baseball pitchers who could throw hard.

The only reason starting pitchers are 'soft' is because they're not being conditioned to go nine.

Last edited by devdaen; 09-05-2020 at 05:57 AM..

Old 09-05-2020, 06:00 AM

380 posts, read 126,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan View Post
IMO it is pretty pathetic to stop watching a sport just because the franchises/players are making the effort to spread awareness about social justice.

And yet some folks say that conservatives don't engage in cancel culture.

Good one lol.
Except conservatives aren't trying to cancel any sports leagues.

That's the left's tactic.

Learn the difference.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:45 AM

21,149 posts, read 19,736,448 times
I wish I could say that I am going to start boycotting them, but I haven’t watched a professional sports game in about 35 years.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:39 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
The kneeling nonsense is like the monster in a horror movie that refuses to die and go away for good. It just keeps coming back over and over and over.....

Cowboys players ponder kneeling during national anthem

Quote:
Dak Prescott wants his teammates on the Dallas Cowboys to decide for themselves whether to protest during the national anthem.

Defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford says they have the “green light” to do so.

Owner Jerry Jones hasn't said in so many words, but it appears his hard-line stance requiring players to stand during the anthem has eased amid a national reckoning over racial justice.

When the Cowboys open the season next Sunday night at the new home of the Los Angeles Rams, it seems clear several players are likely to kneel during “The Star-Spangled Banner” for the first time — four years after Colin Kaepernick started the gesture to protest racial inequality and police brutality.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:42 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Goodell is laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:50 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Goodell is laughing all the way to the bank.
Huh?

The league's bank deposits are going to be but a small fraction of what they've been.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:52 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
NFL will not go woke they will go broke if convicts are the players and only convicts come to see them play nfl will starve

I can hardly wait to see/hear the NFL fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, and even the NHL if they go down this woke protest path can all go to Hell.
I totally agree with you.

Go tell these players, coaches, etc. we back the cops who protect the folks in the stands, in the parking lot, the emt who are there to watch over and tend to the injured, etc.

Then tell half of our season ticket holders they racist and not woke.

We vote with our feet.

I hope the stands, cannot wait to see them empty.

Are you ready for some Football?

No!

Orange Man Bad, Happy Voting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
For the one millionth time, BLM is not about “social justice”.

BLM is a Marxist organization whose stated goals include destruction of the nuclear family and the over throw of the United States government. One prominent BLM leader has said that white people are “genetic defects.”

All of this information is readily available. Please educate yourself.
Black Lies Murder, unfortunately, mostly Black Americans... now our professional sports leagues, which is fine with me.

I'm a gentleman. I refuse to go where I'm not welcome. So I'll take my vote and my chedda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It is for sure for the NBA, their ratings are down 45%, but the NFL has generally resisted the urge to virtue signal. John Mara of the Giants read letters that season ticket holders would cancel their accounts if players were allowed to continue disrespecting the anthem

Now, the NFL has taken a dark nasty turn with the "Black National Anthem" before the game and social justice messages on the field. We'll see how fans react, I don't think it's going to be good.

Just look at how they killed Drew Brees, has there ever been such an evil pathetic public lynching of a genuinely good and charitable man? And all the NFL players coming out against jews and having no consequence?

The NFL is going to pay some sort of price
I totally agree with you, and great thread btw.

Let's take white people for a minute, so if we don't have the white guilt, we are racist and not welcome anyway, right? Well they lost a few customers. So fine, we can play that game too.

Good luck with that, NFL. Most folks could care less about MLB and NBA due to recent garbage, despite the fact they still manage to fling some cash around. It's got to be advertisement, merchandising, etc. But that will all dry up, just watch.

Anybody who doesn't pay attention to the business side of this is an idiot, and it seems there's plenty of idiots to spare in that industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
What a bunch of RW virtue signalling. The pregame show goes to the top of the hour. Commercial. Then about 60 seconds of the announcers previewing the game. Kickoff. No commentary during the game. Game over. TV off.
Sensibilities remain violation free.

You're right about one thing, the networks don't got the Yarbles to show the players kneeling, doing their ignorant disrespect for the Flag, the United States of America stuff, the sticking their fists where the sun don't shine.

We know. We know what they're doing, even if the networks don't have the stones to show it.

Don't forget what it's all about... Orange Man Bad!

Hope it's worth it to y'all.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-08-2020 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies