Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 10:38 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,236,065 times

Advertisements

With so many college teams not playing this year because of CV19, it's a throw away season, imo. So not enthusiastic about watching.

And pro/NFL games are a virtue signalling woke circus - so that's a big F no for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 11:10 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
And pro/NFL games are a virtue signalling woke circus - so that's a big F no for me.
It is for sure for the NBA, their ratings are down 45%, but the NFL has generally resisted the urge to virtue signal. John Mara of the Giants read letters that season ticket holders would cancel their accounts if players were allowed to continue disrespecting the anthem

Now, the NFL has taken a dark nasty turn with the "Black National Anthem" before the game and social justice messages on the field. We'll see how fans react, I don't think it's going to be good.

Just look at how they killed Drew Brees, has there ever been such an evil pathetic public lynching of a genuinely good and charitable man? And all the NFL players coming out against jews and having no consequence?

The NFL is going to pay some sort of price

Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
The last straw for me was when Drew Brees and the Saints wore Jacob Blake's name on their helmets. What a slap in the face to women. The police were called on Blake that day because he was violating a restraining order that had been taken out against him due to domestic violence and rape charges. So, Drew Brees, the Saints, and the NFL want to glorify and commemorate a woman abuser and rapist? No. No. Nope. I'm done. And so are a lot of other women I know. We're disgusted. Damn you all to hell, misogynist NFL.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:21 PM

20,835 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The last straw for me was when Drew Brees and the Saints wore Jacob Blake's name on their helmets. What a slap in the face to women. The police were called on Blake that day because he was violating a restraining order that had been taken out against him due to domestic violence and rape charges. So, Drew Brees, the Saints, and the NFL want to glorify and commemorate a woman abuser and rapist? No. No. Nope. I'm done. And so are a lot of other women I know. We're disgusted. Damn you all to hell, misogynist NFL.
This is herd mentality what is happening to the nation and the NFL. And, its dangerous as hot acid.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:30 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Random strange thought: If everyone hating on the NFL skipped watching the games went to a local hiking or rail trail this weekend, a couple million pounds would be lost.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:31 PM

380 posts, read 126,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
All the above safety factor due to CTE. In general today's athletes due to more intensive workout regiments are bigger, stronger and faster then ever before. Athletes have also become more skilled from the advanced coaching/instruction they get in their youth years through sports camps etc.
And, yet, due to all the rule changes, analytics, focus on offense and injury concerns, the games aren't as good as they used to be.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:49 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan View Post
IMO it is pretty pathetic to stop watching a sport just because the franchises/players are making the effort to spread awareness about social justice.

And yet some folks say that conservatives don't engage in cancel culture.

Good one lol.
For the one millionth time, BLM is not about “social justice”.

BLM is a Marxist organization whose stated goals include destruction of the nuclear family and the over throw of the United States government. One prominent BLM leader has said that white people are “genetic defects.”

All of this information is readily available. Please educate yourself.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How stupid. Do you watch the games for entertainment or for what they wear. If you are a fan then you wouldn't care.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:38 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
And, yet, due to all the rule changes, analytics, focus on offense and injury concerns, the games aren't as good as they used to be.
Perhaps, but even with rule changes, we see QB's going down more then ever. Today's players as big and fast as they are, playing under rules from the old days would damn near kill someone.

Old 09-05-2020, 04:46 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How stupid. Do you watch the games for entertainment or for what they wear. If you are a fan then you wouldn't care.
Still running with this drivel.....

Thinking people care because they are a consumer; a customer of the NFL. Their viewing contributes financially.

Would you still shop at a store if their staff wore racists slogans for example? Why not? You go to the store for the good or service you are purchasing, not what the staff wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies