Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 10:20 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My huge family are die hard football fans. Most are republicans and could care less about any of this. They just want to watch football.
I'm assuming you mean they couldn't care less. If that is the case I guess they just don't think through that their viewership is financially supporting BLM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 10:22 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ill-not-relent

NFL to feature social justice messages on end zones in every stadium as Goodell says league will 'not relent'
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager | September 02, 2020 09:54 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doubled down on the league's support for Black Lives Matter activism, including featuring social justice messages on end zones.

“The NFL stands with the black community, the players, clubs, and fans,” Goodell said Tuesday. “We will not relent in our work.”

“Confronting recent systemic racism with tangible and productive steps is absolutely essential ... We will redouble our efforts to be catalysts for the urgent and sustainable change that our society and communities so desperately need," he continued.

I wonder if Roger Goodell will address the systemic racism of black players that think Hews control the world

Not holding my breath on that one
Wake me up when 57% of starting cornerbacks are white, 20% are Hispanic, and 5% are Asian.

Black people's failures in so many things are due to biology, just like their success at positions like cornerback. The NFL can take their racist pro-Black campaign and shove it.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:23 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Seems it is you who underestimates football fans. They are thinking adults and won't financially support pandering to a racist terrorist organisation.
Then these people aren't true football fans It's all about the game with true fans. Nothing else really matters.

866 posts, read 319,736 times
Quote:
Why does it take a lot of energy to be a hard core fan? And no one is going to watch less except for Trump supporters I guess. My huge family are die hard football fans. Most are republicans and could care less about any of this. They just want to watch football.
It takes time and energy to do everything. We all have a limited amount of both. Do I really need to explain this to you? We all choose where we spend our time and energy. I don't like wasting either on things that I have a negative reaction to.

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Murderer Ray Lewis had no problem getting work for ESPN. But that just fine.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Then these people aren't true football fans It's all about the game with true fans. Nothing else really matters.
Nonsense. Most true fans have moral standards that are more important to them than a sport.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:25 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Football won't suffer. People watch because of the play. Isn't that why you watch. Why do we care what they do before the game.
The OP is talking about things DURING The game.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:31 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Nonsense. Most true fans have moral standards that are more important to them than a sport.
Nope. They don't care. Have you seen the fans in the stadium. Have you even been in one. This is about sports, not morals. Stay home, it won't matter. Everyone just wants sports back.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:34 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
. This is about sports, not morals. .
But it's not. The NFL, NBA, MLB have all made that very clear. It's not about sports at all.

It's about shoving their sick, demonic agenda down all our throats.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Nope. They don't care. Have you seen the fans in the stadium. Have you even been in one. This is about sports, not morals. Stay home, it won't matter. Everyone just wants sports back.
Yes I have, many times in many cities. Most sports fans I know are intelligent and don't want their money going to terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies