Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
But it's not. The NFL, NBA, MLB have all made that very clear. It's not about sports at all.
Don't forget the NHL, on the reboot they had "We Play for Black Lives" plastered everywhere along with BLM. That wasn't good enough, 7 black players started a blm type organization called the HDA, "Hockey Diversity Alliance. They are trying to extort the NHL into giving them 100 million dollars for their causes including anti-racist struggle sessions

https://hockeydiversityalliance.org/

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status...7965721665543?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yes I have, many times in many cities. Most sports fans I know are intelligent and don't want their money going to terrorists.
I hope all the leagues that sided with these terrorists suffer tremendous, irreparable losses. I truly wish all these leagues nothing but the worst.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Don't forget the NHL, on the reboot they had "We Play for Black Lives" plastered everywhere along with BLM. That wasn't good enough, 7 black players started a blm type organization called the HDA, "Hockey Diversity Alliance. They are trying to extort the NHL into giving them 100 million dollars for their causes including anti-racist struggle sessions

https://hockeydiversityalliance.org/

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status...7965721665543?
I'm aware. And my first love is hockey growing up here in Herb Brooks' neighborhood (I played since I was 5 yo myself).

Diversity is poison...that is the message I've taken away from those unimpressive goons.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:42 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nope. They don't care. Have you seen the fans in the stadium. Have you even been in one. This is about sports, not morals. Stay home, it won't matter. Everyone just wants sports back.
No, that's the point. The leagues are making it about politics. A lot of people have found they don't need sports, and a huge number of those who looked forward to their return do not want their sports turned into a celebration of pro-black racism. This is the sports leagues giving their fans a giant middle finger after months of tough times. The NFL suffered when Kaepernick injected in-your-face racism into the sport a few years again, and the cost to the NFL will be ten times that this time.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:42 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
If'n you don't like it- don't watch?

Pretty simple calculus here, Copernicus.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:46 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

That's right, and you will see a 15-20% drop in the ratings this year.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:47 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

Indeed, people getting the gist of that advice quite prominently right now

Old 09-02-2020, 10:51 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
I don't care. I stopped watching NFL when Snyder took over in D.C.

I watch collegiate.

We'll see how ratings suffer. Oh first NASCAR, then NBA, next MLB and coming to a stadium near you- NFL.

The horrors of racial justice. What. A. Horror.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:56 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Everyone saying they won't watch are not die hard football fans. They just want to watch football, they don't care about anything else. People just want sports back. Fantasy football is huge. And most people get into the football pools whether they follow the sport or not. The survivor pool is really popular. My son won $1500. Trust me, football won't suffer

I don't do pools, but I was a season ticket holder (2 tickets) for a losing team since the 70s. Is that die hard enough?

I stopped buying tickets when the take a knee crap started.

I watched (but not a seat holder, we don't have a team) NBA until they got political

If I want to watch politics, I'll watch Fox or CNN

Old 09-02-2020, 10:56 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, that's the point. The leagues are making it about politics. A lot of people have found they don't need sports, and a huge number of those who looked forward to their return do not want their sports turned into a celebration of pro-black racism. This is the sports leagues giving their fans a giant middle finger after months of tough times. The NFL suffered when Kaepernick injected in-your-face racism into the sport a few years again, and the cost to the NFL will be ten times that this time.
'
Trump made it about politics not the leagues. But don't watch if you have a problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies