Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 09:14 PM

17,476 posts, read 9,303,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
I plan on spending my time on outside activities and no more NFL Sundays. College Football hasn't gone too far off the rails yet.

Yes it has, you are just not paying attention yet.

I expect new RULES any day now .... tackling a Black player will get a White player thrown out of the game and Reparations to the Black player. It’s just that Nutty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 09:22 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think it will suffer, there's no way it can't. We're not talking 100 to 0% to be sure, but I think they lose a good quarter of TV viewers this season
Football won't suffer. People watch because of the play. Isn't that why you watch. Why do we care what they do before the game. You really underestimate the football fans. They just want to watch the game. And during these stressful times we really need sports.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:28 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,106,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Football won't suffer. People watch because of the play. Isn't that why you watch. Why do we care what they do before the game. You really underestimate the football fans. They just want to watch the game. And during these stressful times we really need sports.
I'm done with the NFL. And I personally know of others that are done, too.

Marxism is evil, and all of this gets right back to Marxism.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:51 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,089,730 times
Quote:
One of the more interesting aspects of the pandemic shut downs is that a great many people realized they really didn’t need sports after all. The timing of this is something else.

If fans can’t have football watching parties, tailgating, or experience going to the games, much of the fun and excitement has been eliminated.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:52 PM

[quote=Kavalier;59068277]I'm done with the NFL. And I personally know of others that are done, too.

Marxism is evil, and all of this gets right back to Marxism.

You guys are funny. No one cares if you are done. And what dose marxism have to do with this. We all just want sports back

Old 09-02-2020, 10:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,089,730 times
Quote:

You guys are funny. No one cares if you are done. And what dose marxism have to do with this. We all just want sports back
BLM is a Marxist organization.

People can and will refuse to monetarily support any group that is all in for BLM the organization.

Have you read the thread about the Dallas Stars (not NFL I realize) saying they are losing season ticket holders because of their support for BLM?

No ticket buyers, no money.
TV ratings down, ad fees go down, they lose money.
People stop buying jerseys and beer, they lose money.

Because of the shut downs, people are learning to live without sports. They have more free time and they like it.

Athletes who are having hissy fits over the SJW stuff and their enablers are throwing it all away with both hands.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:02 PM

866 posts, read 320,798 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand sports or sports fans. 5- 10% will stop watching all together. 20 - 50% will watch less. It takes alot of energy to be a hard core fan. It's been getting harder the last 5 - 10 years to make that commitment because while the athleticism is amazing the execution of plays has declined and the player loyal to teams and fans has declined. Many fans have already been on the fence.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
I don't think you understand sports or sports fans. 5- 10% will stop watching all together. 20 - 50% will watch less. It takes alot of energy to be a hard core fan. It's been getting harder the last 5 - 10 years to make that commitment because while the athleticism is amazing the execution of plays has declined and the player loyal to teams and fans has declined. Many fans have already been on the fence.
Why does it take a lot of energy to be a hard core fan? And no one is going to watch less except for Trump supporters I guess. My huge family are die hard football fans. Most are republicans and could care less about any of this. They just want to watch football.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:18 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,533,809 times
Quote:
Seems it is you who underestimates football fans. They are thinking adults and won't financially support pandering to a racist terrorist organisation.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:18 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Good for them. Support racist domestic terrorists, watch your customer base disappear.

Get Woke, Go Broke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies