Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 08:13 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
It only helps Trump. Keep it up!!
It does. I live in IL but there are a lot of swing states nearby and I think i have a pretty good understanding of my people. There will be A LOT of eye rolls when this stuff shows up in games. A lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
“End Racism” and “It takes all of us” are extremely tame, and something that I would hope everyone agrees with. I have absolutely zero problem with this.
If its actual racism of course. If the face of your campaign is Kaepernick or George Floyd you are not running an anti racism campagin you are running a race card campaign

Old 09-02-2020, 08:25 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,367,588 times
And, I will not watch an NFL game again this year. (NCAA football is much better anyway. I'm sorry that COVID will keep them from playing)

I watch because of sports, not politics

Old 09-02-2020, 08:48 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,865,290 times
Good, whatever it takes to get the old fans away from the sport. In with the new crop. And hopefully they aren't a bunch of racists like their grandparents.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:52 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Everyone saying they won't watch are not die hard football fans. They just want to watch football, they don't care about anything else. People just want sports back. Fantasy football is huge. And most people get into the football pools whether they follow the sport or not. The survivor pool is really popular. My son won $1500. Trust me, football won't suffer

Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,725,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Everyone saying they won't watch are not die hard football fans. They just want to watch football, they don't care about anything else. People just want sports back. Fantasy football is huge. And most people get into the football pools whether they follow the sport or not. The survivor pool is really popular. My son won $1500. Trust me, football won't suffer
I think it will suffer, there's no way it can't. We're not talking 100 to 0% to be sure, but I think they lose a good quarter of TV viewers this season

1,087 posts, read 1,948,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
chaotix that is so 2016 they have transformed to this

https://www.google.com/search?q=riot...w=1536&bih=755
Seems they are not done yet. . .shame, politicizing sports, hopefully enough people will boycott the NFL, 90% of players contract not guaranteed, once ratings start going down, NFL will not make money, players will lose $$$$, hence, NFL will be forced to reconsider their stupid stance on this social justice BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Good, whatever it takes to get the old fans away from the sport. In with the new crop. And hopefully they aren't a bunch of racists like their grandparents.
i wish you a black only league. enjoy paying $500 for nosebleed seats so your homeboys can maintain their current lifestyles.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:03 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ill-not-relent

NFL to feature social justice messages on end zones in every stadium as Goodell says league will 'not relent'
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager | September 02, 2020 09:54 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doubled down on the league's support for Black Lives Matter activism, including featuring social justice messages on end zones.

“The NFL stands with the black community, the players, clubs, and fans,” Goodell said Tuesday. “We will not relent in our work.”

“Confronting recent systemic racism with tangible and productive steps is absolutely essential ... We will redouble our efforts to be catalysts for the urgent and sustainable change that our society and communities so desperately need," he continued.

I wonder if Roger Goodell will address the systemic racism of black players that think Hews control the world

Not holding my breath on that one

A sport entirely created by white men. How many blacks have profited off of it immensely, or how many thousands of blacks received free educations because of that white invention? Just like basketball and baseball?

Cultural appropriation of the worst kind.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:05 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I won’t be watching
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies