Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 09:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There's no reasoning with these BLM folk and their blind followers and those who think the same. You can show them evidence until you are blue in the face and it will never do any good. They have one narrative, and anything that is contrary to that narrative is simply ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQi_p_v8ak

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
-Joseph Goebbels
A OAN Wing-nut for credible information right. What's next Alex Jones and Glen Beck for sources? Please. Try to post anything that isn't as openly biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 09:13 AM

208 posts, read 99,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I am sure America wishes it could go back in time and turn that ship right around that first brought slaves to the continent in 1619.

I'm sure the country would have managed JUST FINE without slavery... and if only they could see the hell wrought upon their descendants because of their short-sightedness.
Or at least send them back after slavery was abolished! IF they could see what America is going thru today I'm sure they would. Now we're all paying for that mistake. Look at how bad they were treated back then and most of them still wanted to stay in America rather than go back to Africa and be on their own. The future of America is screwed now. Its on a downward trajectory forever.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:15 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I’m so sick of being blamed for all their problems.
Who's blaming you for anything?

Old 09-25-2020, 09:15 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
I'm starting to believe police departments are against changing drug policy because it would reduce crime and therefore put them out of a job. The vast majority of crime and homicides are drug related.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Breonna Taylor was killed by the choices she made !!! That's the bottom line !!!

Those that can't accept that are the same ones that want to make bad choices and not pay any price for them !!! They want to do whatever they want without repercussions for bad choices or bad behavior !!!
True, she chose to shack up with 2 felons.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:19 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
'Just doing ones job' has NEVER been an acceptable excuse!

Police should have stopped what they were doing and asked themselves if they were violating citizens rights in their actions on that day, enforcing laws that the US Constitution does not even permit the govt to create in the first place!!!
Look I agree with you that drug laws have to be changed. As far as the cops interpreting the rules that are in place. That is a bit much. And not everyone looks at this from the same perspective as you or I. Many cops support the war on drugs. Some police departments like it because they get to seize property and sell it. Which I am totally against.

Cops do all sorts of things that push the envelope regarding the constitution. It was so widespread in the past that reading the Miranda Rights have become required.

As far as what happened in this case. The Kentucky AG says the knocked and announced themselves before entering. If that is true then this was just a bad chain of events. And a woman died because of it. The laws need to be changed but throwing this cops in prison does not prevent more deaths like this one.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:20 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know how anyone with a fair rational approach and bringing an open minded to the actual evidence can look at this case and say that the cops "murdered" this woman simply because she was black. That is a strong word, murder, it implies a whole lot of things.

:
Murder? No. But some type of manslaughter or reckless homicide.

I've made this comparison before. Say there is a group of 10 people standing on the street. One of them pulls out a gun and shoots at a cop. Should the police blindly open fire into the whole group? How did the police know there weren't innocent little kids in Breonna's apartment when they opened fire?

Old 09-25-2020, 09:29 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,618 times
Charles Barkley is too real for some people. I think it is terrible what happened to her, but I agree that it is not the same as what happened to George Floyd or Ahmaud Arbery. It’s unfortunate that she died, and I’m glad that Rand Paul signed that bill stopping no knock warrants (even though they reportedly knocked).

We need to speak honestly about this to prevent another Breonna Taylor situation from happening. If you involve yourself with bad people, then the chances of bad things coming your way are magnified. If the cops went there on a warrant and the guy shot at the police, what are they supposed to do? They will shoot back.

There can certainly be a discussion as to whether they should try to seek cover first before shooting into an unknown area, but that is not what they are trained to do, and I doubt most people would have been cool, calm, and collected to make those calculated decisions.

It doesn’t mean that I think she should’ve been shot, but to say it has to do with race and police targeting black people is a straight up lie. I’m glad the one idiot officer is being charged with wanton endangerment.

I’m glad he had the guts to speak up honestly and was willing to have an unpopular opinion in the media. If we can’t speak honestly and tell these women not to involve themselves with these no good dudes, then we won’t help prevent another situation like this from happening. All the people using the race narrative around Breonna Taylor don’t care about her or preventing other situations like this.

I can agree that no knock raids shouldn’t be used in most situations, but the fool proof method is to tell people how their bad choices can lead to negative consequences. We need to empower these women to not get involved with these low life dudes and to cut all ties and communication with them when they start getting involved in criminal activity. That needs to be the message.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:33 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm starting to believe police departments are against changing drug policy because it would reduce crime and therefore put them out of a job. The vast majority of crime and homicides are drug related.
Despite what we are told by the left and pro-drug group here on CD, legalizing does not eliminate drug related deaths or things like property crime. In fact, there is some evidence that drug use goes up after legalization and therefore some other drug related crime as well. Legalization seems to help in the sense that the focus on the user is shifted from criminality to treatment. There is evidence that some are saved from a life of drugs when treatment services are offered over automatic criminalization. However, in all cases that I have read, dealers are still treated harshly as criminals and IMO should be.

Drugs of all sorts are a problem and present nothing but problems for societies. Legalization is not even close to a panacea but does offer some benefits but also with some downsides as well. We need to go after those who manufacture and sell hard. Harder than we are now, but treat the users differently than we do now.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:35 AM

16,559 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Breonna Taylor was killed by the choices she made !!! That's the bottom line !!!

Those that can't accept that are the same ones that want to make bad choices and not pay any price for them !!! They want to do whatever they want without repercussions for bad choices or bad behavior !!!
Maybe, but lets not take either extreme in regards to her. I have know very good people that get mixed up with the wrong person, and it adversely effects their lives. This more commonly happens when some women are attracted to "bad boys".
I suspect that might be what happened to Ms. Taylor.
Even so, she likely never figured her attraction, lust and/or love of the loser would result in her death, or even a shootout in her home.

That said, unless there is evidence to the contrary, she was involved with more than just a bad boy. He was a criminal gangster, willing to endanger her by shooting at police.
So I do not see how rational people can want to riot over what seems to be legitimate action by the police. That is unless they just want an excuse to loot and destroy.

Another seemingly insane example is where a cop recently shot a guy running toward him with a knife. He was called to the scene because a guy with a knife was threating people, and had stabbed at least 4 others. Then he charged the officer (all caught on video).
Yet riots ensued, despite the police taking the unprecedented step by releasing the video footage right away, so the public could see exactly what happened.

[Keep in mind they did this because the cop was white and the attacker was black. So they went against their own policy because of race.
Had it been a cop of any color shooting a white thug charging at them with a knife, they would have to release the video before trial. Why?
Well that is another subject]

So if these anti-American fascists succeed in causing cops not to shoot to defend their own lives against guns and knives, the cops will just stop responding or quit. Either will be exactly what the BLM/Antifa anarchists want.

As to Barkley, when anyone goes against the leftist narrative, they are attacked with predictability. Why?
Because like the fascists they are, they can intimidate people into remaining silent, so they can control the narrative.
Another prime example not even involving race was when Martina Navratilova gave her knowledgeable view that allowing transgender men to compete in women's sports was a mistake, because it would ruin women's sports.
This coming from a respected woman's championship tennis player, and herself a homosexual. So you would think she might be able to speak her mind on LGBTxyz issues without attack. Especially for such a reasonable opinion shared by the vast majority of sane people.

But no, she was attacked in viscous ways (that is never suppose to happen to a woman), and she was even removed as board member of some group, all because she expressed a differing opinion from the leftist mob.
She herself is a Democrat, liberal, a leftist activist, etc.
Yet if you are not in total 100% goosestep with the fascists, they will make you pay a price, to deter others from having the right to their own thoughts and free to express such.

I am sure Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler are having a laugh.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies