Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How many media outlets mention that when cops broke into Breonna Taylor's apartment, her boyfriend started SHOOTING AT THEM from the completely dark apartment, injuring one?
All the ones I have seen. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 07:17 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,704 times
The problem with that “community” is they think violence is the solution to most of their problems unless you carry a badge.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:21 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
You guys realize that all black people dont think alike, right?

Old 09-25-2020, 07:21 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Charles Barkley and Shaq are men, something wussy boy Colin (raised rich) Kaepernick will never be. Those are the guys black people should be listening to, not some failed loser. They are champions for a reason and no one helped them, they were born to it.
But but but "basketball players are all brainless thug criminals so their opinion doesn't matter."

Until their opinion agrees with your opinion then it’s all of a sudden, “those are the guys black people should be listening to.” Lol

Old 09-25-2020, 07:26 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I’m so sick of being blamed for all their problems.

I am sure America wishes it could go back in time and turn that ship right around that first brought slaves to the continent in 1619.

I'm sure the country would have managed JUST FINE without slavery... and if only they could see the hell wrought upon their descendants because of their short-sightedness.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:34 AM

2,923 posts, read 979,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I am sure America wishes it could go back in time and turn that ship right around that first brought slaves to the continent in 1619.

I'm sure the country would have managed JUST FINE without slavery... and if only they could see the hell wrought upon their descendants because of their short-sightedness.
its not like it didnt exist elsewhere. i get your point but its not like there was a singular point in time that you could've stopped it. slavery was pretty common all over the world in the old times.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:36 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Someone asserted that she was a low level drug dealer herself. That she aided her ex knowingly. That may be the case, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. If I loan my bf my car, that doesn't mean that I know he is using it to sell drugs. Or if we share a car, whatever.

But even if she DID, being so low level, yes, why the middle of the night battering ram?

This was NOT the residence where the drug activity and danger was concentrated.

3 warrants were signed at the same time. All no knock. Hers was changed, not a no knock, yet they proceeded as if they had one.

A quick knock and a soft 'police' is not sufficient for people to be woken up and really know what is taking place.

A battering ram out of nowhere is what prompted her current boyfriend to shoot in self defense. It all could have been avoided with a proper knock and announce.
False. The police have recorded conversations between Taylor and others discussing drug deals, etc. Read the info from a Louisville local news source:

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

And there were actually 5 search warrants issued regarding this drug ring investigation, Taylor's home being one of them, specifically naming Taylor herself in the search warrant. Source: Louisville Courier-Journal.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:37 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There’s actually quite a bit of evidence that she was very much involved in her ex boyfriends drug business and that involvement spans a few years. They have video evidence of her visiting the trap house. They have video evidence of her receiving packages at her home that were then picked up by the ex boyfriend and dropped at the trap house followed by a surge of customers. They have jail house phone call records implicating her.
Exactly. Facts matter.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:39 AM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
C'Mon, Charles,...you should know better.

,..look what they did to Terry Crews when he expressed an opinion.

Crab life.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:44 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
Given that the raid was at night at some did or did not report hearing the police announce their presence there is reasonable doubt that Kenneth Walker did not hear anything until the door was kicked in, giving legitimate reason to believe it was a home invasion. We can't know 100% what he knew but that scenario is very possible.

Beyond that couldn't a home invader have announced "Police, open the door!" as a cover to commit robbery? It's happened before. I could knock on my neighbor's door saying I'm the police.

I'm also starting to believe the raid was purposely at night to limit visibility. LMPD has been known to cover body cameras before, a night raid makes that unnecessary. It also meant any shots from LMPD would have high risk of hitting non combatants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies