Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 09:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Her death is actually the boyfriend’s fault. If he didn’t start shooting at police, she’d be alive today.
He fired ONE shot. Because at 2am someone started pounding on the door and then broke it down. Why did the police wait until 2am to serve a warrant on a woman they thought was alone who had no criminal record at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 09:17 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee7 View Post
Hardly murder.

From what I read, the cops were fired upon first, and returned fire in self-defense.

But facts don’t matter to some people.
No they do not. Adding to this is the fact that this woman’s ex boyfriend was a crack dealer who used her address. This is why the police had that address. Why was such a “good woman” dating a man like that? Her new boyfriend who was in bed with her went to bed with his gun and fired upon the police. What do people expect the police to do when fired upon? While mistakes happens that led to this event, that does not make the officers ordered to execute this warrant murders. These officers should never have been criminally investigated at all. This is matter for civil courts as the real question is why these officers had a no knock warrant in the wrong place. Clearly civil damages are warranted here.

Still breonna Taylor was keeping bad company. Our mothers all want us about that when we are children. Why would a woman who is not supposedly a criminal date a criminal? Her keeping of bad company definitely contributed to her own death.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I was lied to by the media for months in order to get my sympathies. There was an actually journalistic piece in the Louisville Courier where the reporter did real investigative journalism and told the truth. Breonna was actively still helping the drug dealers and involved with her old boyfriend. She was handling the money for their operation. Death was not the proper punishment for her actions but I don't feel bad for people who deal drugs and end up dead. They help destroy communities and are playing with fire.
The problem with your narrative is that you don't have any proof. Breonna was actively still helping the drug dealers.....how? The packages that her ex-boyfriend had sent to her apartment? What was in the package that the police saw her boyfriend pick up???? They don't know. You don't know.

The ex-boyfriend said she was handling some money for him in a phone call. Where's the money? Where's the proof? The police don't have any such proof. You don't have any such proof.

At the end of the day, she had no criminal record. She had a job. She wasn't living lavishly. Her boyfriend wasn't a criminal. The police might have had a reason to be interested in her, to monitor her, to even search her home, but why search it at 2am? Why bring so much force to bear on a woman they thought was home alone, who had no history of violence, who had no criminal record?

Old 09-24-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Drug laws aren’t causing the problems. Criminals who violate drug laws are causing their own problems. Just obey the law and you stay out of trouble. Why is this such a difficult concept for liberals to grasp?
Breonna Taylor wasn't a criminal. She had no record. No drugs or caches of money were found in her apartment. She had a job. She had an apartment she paid rent for. She wasn't breaking any laws when the police waited until 2am to knock, announce themselves (hopefully), and break down her door. Her boyfriend had a license for the gun, and per the law was entitled to defend himself and his girlfriend with that gun in her home. She died. Because....

Old 09-24-2020, 09:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The problem with your narrative is that you don't have any proof. Breonna was actively still helping the drug dealers.....how? The packages that her ex-boyfriend had sent to her apartment? What was in the package that the police saw her boyfriend pick up???? They don't know. You don't know.

The ex-boyfriend said she was handling some money for him in a phone call. Where's the money? Where's the proof? The police don't have any such proof. You don't have any such proof.

At the end of the day, she had no criminal record. She had a job. She wasn't living lavishly. Her boyfriend wasn't a criminal. The police might have had a reason to be interested in her, to monitor her, to even search her home, but why search it at 2am? Why bring so much force to bear on a woman they thought was home alone, who had no history of violence, who had no criminal record?
Systematic racism is the explanation, drug laws have been used against minorities for decades.

Honestly, I believe they only target and arrest 'non-minorities' for drug crimes... so they can say, "look here, these white people were arrested for drug crimes too" (its a distraction/slight of hand so to speak).

Old 09-24-2020, 09:30 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
No they do not. Adding to this is the fact that this woman’s ex boyfriend was a crack dealer who used her address. This is why the police had that address. Why was such a “good woman” dating a man like that? Her new boyfriend who was in bed with her went to bed with his gun and fired upon the police. What do people expect the police to do when fired upon? While mistakes happens that led to this event, that does not make the officers ordered to execute this warrant murders. These officers should never have been criminally investigated at all. This is matter for civil courts as the real question is why these officers had a no knock warrant in the wrong place. Clearly civil damages are warranted here.

Still breonna Taylor was keeping bad company. Our mothers all want us about that when we are children. Why would a woman who is not supposedly a criminal date a criminal? Her keeping of bad company definitely contributed to her own death.
Sorry to inform you of this but when someone is killed there is usually an investigation done.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Drug laws aren’t causing the problems. Criminals who violate drug laws are causing their own problems. Just obey the law and you stay out of trouble. Why is this such a difficult concept for liberals to grasp?
No drugs or cash were found. LE did however find routine mail addressed to the ex on the premises.

That Brianna allowed her ex to use her address for mail was unfortunate. Nothing factual thus far, demonstrates Brianna engaged in drug trafficking.

The attorney for the ex BF, Glover, claims one of the many plea bargains offered to his client included one that required him to implicate the deceased woman. Plea bargains are not public information. Attorney may have been blowing smoke or maybe there was an effort to justify the force used.

Briana’s mother sued Louisville Metro Police for wrongful death. It was settled for $12 million and an agreement to make 12+ Police Reforms.

Given the hour, only one of 12 neighbors claims to have heard the Police announce themselves before breaching the door.

I try to imagine how I might have reacted, under similar, circumstances. I have dogs, motion lights and cameras. I/ we don’t own a gun so the outcome would be different. I also have multiple entrances/ exits.

Under the same circumstances, the outcomes would have likely been the same, regardless of race.

I don’t understand the urgency of these warrants. Seems to me LE could have waited until morning, for someone to emerge and then serve the warrants.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:37 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
They are, the war on drugs is a scam. It was never meant to be won. And in the US it was meant to target minorities.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news."

https://www.businessinsider.com/nixo...n-drugs-2019-7

Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Breonna Taylor wasn't a criminal. She had no record. No drugs or caches of money were found in her apartment. She had a job. She had an apartment she paid rent for. She wasn't breaking any laws when the police waited until 2am to knock, announce themselves (hopefully), and break down her door. Her boyfriend had a license for the gun, and per the law was entitled to defend himself and his girlfriend with that gun in her home. She died. Because....
I cannot comprehend the perceived urgency that compelled LE to serve the warrants in the middle of the night. Why not wait until she emerged from her apartment and then go in?

When all was said and done, all that was found was some routine mail addressed to the ex BF.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No drugs or cash were found. LE did however find routine mail addressed to the ex on the premises.

That Brianna allowed her ex to use her address for mail was unfortunate. Nothing factual thus far, demonstrates Brianna engaged in drug trafficking.

The attorney for the ex BF, Glover, claims one of the many plea bargains offered to his client included one that required him to implicate the deceased woman. Plea bargains are not public information. Attorney may have been blowing smoke or maybe there was an effort to justify the force used.

Briana’s mother sued Louisville Metro Police for wrongful death. It was settled for $12 million and an agreement to make 12+ Police Reforms.

Given the hour, only one of 12 neighbors claims to have heard the Police announce themselves before breaching the door.

I try to imagine how I might have reacted, under similar, circumstances. I have dogs, motion lights and cameras. I/ we don’t own a gun so the outcome would be different. I also have multiple entrances/ exits.

Under the same circumstances, the outcomes would have likely been the same, regardless of race.

I don’t understand the urgency of these warrants. Seems to me LE could have waited until morning, for someone to emerge and then serve the warrants.
Yes, the time they did this really needs to be investigated, there is NO good reason to execute a search warrant at 2am!

This greatly increases the likelihood of violence, naturally the person will believe someone is breaking into their house and start shooting...NO ONE expects police to come knocking at freaking 2am in the morning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies