Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 10:27 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
This fact has been reported in every story I’ve heard/read.

As someone who’s been the victim of a break in while I was home I can tell you that I would have done the exact same thing Ms. Taylor’s BF did. If you are kicking my door in and refuse to identify yourself I will have no choice but to assume you are there to cause harm to me and steal my belongings. I will shoot first and deal with the fallout later. If it’s gonna be me or you going down it’s gonna be you if I have any chance at all to fight back.

If Ms. Taylor and her BF were white I believe that they would be receiving a lot more empathy/sympathy from Trump supporters.
I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of posters who bought guns for this particular reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 10:30 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Cops lie.
Did the neighbor?

Old 09-24-2020, 10:32 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did the neighbor?
Everyone is lying if they contradict the narrative pushed by the DNC plantation.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:33 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,508,247 times
Quote:
Did the neighbor?
No one knows. It is possible that they neighbor did hear that they announced that they were the police, but its also possible that the boyfriend didnt hear the annoucement.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If they were white, this would never have made the news.

(And the cops knocked and identified themselves.)
Attorney for Brianna’s white neighbors are pleased the Grand Jury concluded wanton endangerment which put them in danger when bullets were fired into their wall. They expressed disappointment that there were no charges for the death of Brianna. These next door neighbors did not hear the police announce themselves.

Of the dozen neighbors who were asked if they heard LE announce themselves, only one claims he did. Given most were asleep this is understandable.

As happens, too often, the officers who breached the door in the middle of the night were not wearing body cameras. Subsequent, 100+ officers arrived on the scene.. A few had body cameras.

None of us know what information the Grand Jury was given that resulted in the conclusion of wanton endangerment of the neighbors whil ignoring 5 bullets penetrated and killed Brianna.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Did the neighbor?
One of 12 neighbors says he heard the Police announce themselves.

Given the hour, this is understandable.

The search did not turn up anY drugs or cash. The two occupants had nothing to hide.

Seems rather obvious, the occupants thought it a home invasion when awakened by the breach of their door.
Millions of people in the US lawfully own firearms for protection. Many of them profess concern about a home invasion.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:42 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder if the boyfriend will take a piece of the $12 MILLION dollar settlement? Wow, shoot at the cops and spin your luck, see what your wheel spins on in the Wheel of Fortune! Gravy Train on this spin!
Also known as: The Ghetto Lottery.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:51 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Did the neighbor?

1 neighbor said that the cops announced themselves. 10 more said they did not.

Here's the thing: if someone knocks or even bangs on my door at 2 a.m. when I'm asleep on the other side of my apartment, I'm not necessarily going to hear them at all. If I do hear them, I'm going to be groggy and out of sorts. There's no guarantee that banging on the door and announcing yourself outside is going to be heard by the presumably sleeping residents inside.

I know this for a fact because my boyfriend forgot his keys while I was taking a nap. My phone was on silent. He tried yelling at my 2nd story bedroom window and, after a neighbor let him into the building, banged and yelled on my door. I didn't budge. He eventually scaled the balcony to get in since the slider door was open (to my great horror that it was so easy to get in).

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment. With my bedroom door shut and my air conditioner on, I couldn't hear someone loudly banging and yelling at my door. And let me tell you, my boyfriend can PROJECT. It's not reasonable to expect anyone to hear someone banging on the door in the wee hours of the morning. They might as well not be announcing themselves.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:55 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
IMHO ... a lot of this does not matter ...

A law enforcement system sent police to a home of law abiding citizens in the middle of the night and initiated a situation that resulted in the death of an innocent.

End of story.

Again, IMHO, that makes the law enforcement system responsible and accountable.

All this had to start with a shoddy investigation, faulty information, and poor execution.

There is plenty of blame to go around all the way from the Chief, his investigators, the judge that signed the warrant to the LEOs assigned the duty to service the warrant.

Unfortunately, crap rolls down hill and the LEOs are facing the brunt where the core issue is more about policy, procedure and training.

Again, its just hard for me to get over the fact that police can break into innocent peoples house anytime and kill them with impunity.

That is just wrong and there has to be change.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:01 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
This fact has been reported in every story I’ve heard/read.

As someone who’s been the victim of a break in while I was home I can tell you that I would have done the exact same thing Ms. Taylor’s BF did. If you are kicking my door in and refuse to identify yourself I will have no choice but to assume you are there to cause harm to me and steal my belongings. I will shoot first and deal with the fallout later. If it’s gonna be me or you going down it’s gonna be you if I have any chance at all to fight back.

If Ms. Taylor and her BF were white I believe that they would be receiving a lot more empathy/sympathy from Trump supporters.
You've heard of Daniel Shaver, right? Wait-probably not. Even though it was a much more clear-cut case of "police brutality" and the entire incident is on video, you probably never heard of him on the MSM. You see, he's white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies