Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:28 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
So its ok that she was shot and killed then, I get it now.
Play deadly games (involved in illegal drug ring), win deadly prizes. Had she not been an involved member of the illegal drug ring under investigation, no search warrant would have been issued for her home and none of this would have ever happened. She'd still be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 08:29 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its a great example of systematic racism, that persists to this day!

Drug laws should have been abolished when civil rights were enacted.
I live on the Indiana side of the metro. My former neighbor to my front was a high level meth dealer. Big enough FBI arrested him. He received suspicious packages all the time. He often carried guns in and out. And yet he was apprehended without a no knock warrant. He was arrested elsewhere and then the house was investigated. No one put in danger. Again, for someone far higher up the drug hierarchy than Taylor's ex and far worse a person than Taylor herself.

If a Breona Taylor situation had occurred with a night time raid those bullets would've been flying back at my bedroom.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:29 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
No-knock raids are a setup, and this is the proof.

It wasn't a no-knock raid.
The police officers knocked on the door before trying to enter the house.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Drug laws themselves are unconstitutional...this is not just an opinion, its fact, the Constitution does not permit the Govt to enact or enforce laws on 'drugs'.

Ok, thank you Justice RStevens62. Maybe you should write to Trump and ask that he put your name in for consideration of Ginsburg's seat.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:30 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Drug laws themselves are unconstitutional...this is not just an opinion, its fact, the Constitution does not permit the Govt to enact or enforce laws on 'drugs'.
Why are you more worried about the criminal that the victims? Drugs ruin people and towns and the dealers should be dealt with the most severe punishment. Yet you want to excuse them with some strawman constitutionality argument?

Old 09-24-2020, 08:33 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm still astonished that the entire criminal system authorized a no knock warrant in the middle of the night over someone possibly receiving drug trade related deliveries. Many lives were needlessly put in danger over something so small. And later investigation showed even that wasn't true.
It was much more than that. Read the background info. From a Louisville local news source:

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

Old 09-24-2020, 08:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Why are you more worried about the criminal that the victims? Drugs ruin people and towns and the dealers should be dealt with the most severe punishment. Yet you want to excuse them with some strawman constitutionality argument?
Its the drug laws themselves that are causing the problems, its the same thing that happened during alcohol prohibition...as soon as alcohol was made legal again, the criminals got out of the industry.

Do you think the drug cartels want drugs to be legalized? OF course not!, legalization brings regulations and standards with it, (forces the criminals out).

Old 09-24-2020, 08:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I wonder if the boyfriend will take a piece of the $12 MILLION dollar settlement? Wow, shoot at the cops and spin your luck, see what your wheel spins on in the Wheel of Fortune! Gravy Train on this spin!
It's called the Ghetto Lottery.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:40 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Black woman gets killed in her house and all of a sudden
Conservatives stop supporting castle doctrine, stand your ground and the constitution

And don’t say that it only applies when the people has no criminal background
Rules don't apply when the Cops knock on your door and announce they are the Police there to serve a Warrant.

Sorry.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I live on the Indiana side of the metro. My former neighbor to my front was a high level meth dealer. Big enough FBI arrested him. He received suspicious packages all the time. He often carried guns in and out. And yet he was apprehended without a no knock warrant. He was arrested elsewhere and then the house was investigated. No one put in danger. Again, for someone far higher up the drug hierarchy than Taylor's ex and far worse a person than Taylor herself.

If a Breona Taylor situation had occurred with a night time raid those bullets would've been flying back at my bedroom.
Its the drug laws themselves that are keeping the criminal element in the drug dealing business!

Look at what happened when alcohol prohibition ended and it was legal again...the criminals got out of the industry...WHY? because legalization brings regulations, standards into it, (forces the criminals out in other words)

The criminals can only thrive when there are laws in place against the product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies