Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you believe about the Breonna Taylor shooting?
Completely justified. 26 46.43%
Somewhat questionable. 9 16.07%
Highly questionable. 11 19.64%
Completely unjustified. 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Black woman gets killed in her house and all of a sudden
Conservatives stop supporting castle doctrine, stand your ground and the constitution

And don’t say that it only applies when the people has no criminal background
Conservative here: When the story first broke, I was 1000% behind Kenneth using his 2A rights to protect himself, Breonna and their property. The media told me for months:

- there was a no knock warrant
- the police busted down their door in the middle of the night
- police did not knock
- police did not identify themselves
- police raided the wrong house
- police had no warrant for Breonna
- Breonna was an innocent victim who worked as an EMT
- She was murdered in her bed while she was sleeping
- Breonna was as pure and innocent as the driven snow

All of this is what I've been hearing from the media, except, NONE of it was true. As a result of the misinformation, people across the country have been protesting, rioting, looting, burning things down and even killing people. All in the name of LIES told to us by the media who will not take any responsibility for their rush to judgement and reporting rumors vs facts.

Now that the facts have been revealed, my stance has done a complete 180 and I will forever hold my judgement until after all of the facts come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 07:29 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So one of the cops was a yahoo and shot up some of the neighbors homes. Great if he's convicted for reckless behavior like that. But the evidence, not reported by the MSM but still it was reported was that she was caught in the crossfire between the cops and her drug dealer boyfriend. Is he going to be charged with her death because many states have laws that says that if someone dies in a crime, the person who caused the death is responsible even if they didn't pull the trigger.
Ex: Guy goes into a corner store to rob it. Undercover cop is present and shoots the crook dead. The getaway driver outside participated in the crime and is now guilty of a homicide.
The boyfriend was not charged.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:36 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, we know who the Grand Jury believed: the witness saying the police knocked and identified themselves before entering. They know much more about the evidence than we do.
Something that everyone should keep in mind regarding this case:

Kentucky DOJ and head prosecutor, likely at the behest of mayoral and gubernatorial advise, kept key components of the investigation (meaning the month long surveillance that gathered enough evidence to justify a warrant for both Glover and Taylor) from the media and their constituency allowing the media and citizenry to run with a false narrative.

This false narrative precipitated most if not all of the unrest, vandalism and violence stemming from (in hindsight) the incidental death of Taylor.

Net result? Add to the National false narrative that Police are bad, Kentucky (especially their blacks) are the victims and Breonna's family gets $12 million dollars.

Then the Kentucky DOJ, prosecution and the Grand Jury used the very same evidence obscured from the public to absolve all charges with the exception of those for one officer (and based on since disclosed evidence I find even those charges are questionable).

In my opinion the only thing that officer's did wrong was not locating the $8,000 of Breonna's stashed drug money that was found in a subsequent search (initially missed likely due to chaos surrounding the warrant being served, so not that wrong).

Old 09-24-2020, 07:38 AM

3,226 posts, read 1,607,268 times
A list of “woke” streams:

https://woke.net/streams/

Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
A warrant issued by the court gives the police PERMISSION to enter your home. They knocked 3 TIMES and no one answered. The police had every right to enter to keep the suspects from destroying evidence.

The same applies to people who post "No Trespassing" signs on their property. Those signs do not apply to the police when they are delivering a legal order from the court.
Based on the evidence gathered to support the warrant, if drugs were on the premise, they would be in such quantity they could not be destroyed within the duration of knock then enter.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Why are we seeing the narrative that Breonna Taylor 's boyfriend is a drug dealer. There is no proof het current boyfriend was, just the ex boyfriend who arrested with the rental car addressed to Taylor. Lots of leaps and bounds in a situation that we honestly never got details on. Sounds to me more like a smear campaign to cover shotty detective work and a botched warrant preceeding. As stated before 12 people disagreed with the way the warrant was used while only one witne@ corroborated the cops (with no body cams mind you) who said they presented themselves. Honestly I smell a rat and I think the Taylot family should pull out of the settlement unless they reopen the investigation and make it far more transparent.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:51 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
In my opinion this ruling would have been correct if it was the boyfriend that had been shot instead of Breonna. They shot an innocent person who had nothing to do with the situation, what if there were kids in house?
She was directly named in the search warrant due to recorded conversations between her and others discussing drugs, drug deals, etc., surveillance photo evidence, etc. It's not as if she was an innocent bystander in the proceedings. She wasn't. She was involved enough in the illegal drug ring under investigation to justify the search warrant issued for her home.

Read more about her background info regarding the investigation of the drug ring from a Louisville local news source (includes the police finding a homicide victim in her rented car):

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/

Old 09-24-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
She was directly named in the search warrant due to recorded conversations between her and others discussing drugs, drug deals, etc., surveillance photo evidence, etc. It's not as if she was an innocent bystander in the proceedings. She wasn't. She was involved enough in the illegal drug ring under investigation to justify the search warrant issued for her home.

Read more about her background info regarding the investigation of the drug ring from a Louisville local news source (includes the police finding a homicide victim in her rented car):

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/08/26/warr...new-documents/
So its ok that she was shot and killed then, I get it now.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why would you believe a well known drug dealer who's been associated with a dead body in the trunk of a car over an impartial witness? Obviously, if a neighbor could hear them knock, you don't think a person inside the apartment could? Do you seriously believe this guy is going to tell the truth about anything he did or was involved with?
Walker is not a well-known drug dealer. Walker has no association to a dead body in the trunk of a car.

At 2am, when a person is drifting into sleep, and there is a sudden pounding on the door, you might not comprehend someone shouting "Police!", you might just comprehend the pounding on the door as a potential threat, and grab your gun to defend yourself.

ONE witness heard the police identify themselves. ELEVEN other neighbors didn't.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why are we seeing the narrative that Breonna Taylor 's boyfriend is a drug dealer. There is no proof het current boyfriend was, just the ex boyfriend who arrested with the rental car addressed to Taylor. Lots of leaps and bounds in a situation that we honestly never got details on. Sounds to me more like a smear campaign to cover shotty detective work and a botched warrant preceeding. As stated before 12 people disagreed with the way the warrant was used while only one witne@ corroborated the cops (with no body cams mind you) who said they presented themselves. Honestly I smell a rat and I think the Taylot family should pull out of the settlement unless they reopen the investigation and make it far more transparent.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies